Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Splatoon 2

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Jul 21, 2017

Some time has passed since the events in Splatoon as Marie asks for help in dealing with a missing Callie. Along with new fashion and music trends, the game features new weapons, abilities, maps, and modes. Stay fresh!

Favorite weapons/maps?

Quid_Pro_Bono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Quid_Pro_Bono

So far I'm loving the old standby Aerospray MG, and I'm also digging the Tentatek Splattershot. The Carbon Roller is really fun too, the vertical splash you can do in the air with rollers now makes them much more versatile.

Really glad they brought back Port Mackeral and Moray Towers, and I think my favorite new levels are Humpback Pump Track and Musselforge Fitness.

I still don't like chargers even with the ability to hold charge in squid form. I just can't figure out how to use them!

What's everyone digging, and what maps are treating you right?

ExcessDebris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

@otakugamer: It's two maps at a time and it rotates every couple hours. If you look on the phone app it actually will show you a schedule of what maps are live when. I don't think they show this in game.

czircon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@excessdebris said:

@otakugamer: It's two maps at a time and it rotates every couple hours. If you look on the phone app it actually will show you a schedule of what maps are live when. I don't think they show this in game.

You can see what the next rotation will be under the "Stages" tab in the X-button menu when you're in Inkopolis Square.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
    deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

I like the new skate park. Haven't played enough to have too many opinions on the rest.

Not super big on the new Dual Splatters. I've been mostly using the Splattershot with the jet pack super. The MG was my main gun in the first game so I'm looking forward to getting that. I feel like you had to do something in the story mode to unlock it though. Is that true of the first game, and is it the same in this game?

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't have a favorite map, they all kinda don't matter. My favorite weapon so far is probably between the dual guns or the big splat bucket.

shikon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By shikon

@sloppydetective: There are a few hero guns to be gotten in the single player. but i'm not sure they are worth it. the Heavy Splatling and Aerospray MG are just level based unlocks.

And with that said I like the Blaster in ranked matches. and the Aerospray MG for pretty much anything.

I like the map that looks kinda like a park with a bridge in the middle? i don't know the name of it...

sawtooth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Splattershot Pro is so good. My favorite from the original too. The ink cloud is a weird special. Not effective for splats but good at putting ink down for turf war or splat zones. I almost completely forget to use the sensor grenades. The range and accuracy on the weapon itself is the selling point for me.

I'm liking the skate park. Humpback Pump track. So much chaos in the center.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
    deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@shikon: ya, unlocked the MG later after posting this. It's pretty much my go to gun. Will have to try the blaster.

shikon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sloppydetective: just be aware that its no good for painting turf. and its special kind of sucks, its the poison cloud slows people down? I much rather have something that puts down some paint so waiting for a new version =D

Matticus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The .52 Gal Deco was my favorite in the first game, so was kind of bummed the first Gal wasn't until level 14. That actually forced me to get comfortable with some different guns tho, which was fun. Really like the Splat Dualies, the N-Zap and the Tentatek, but I already feel myself settling into my old groove with the Gal. Oh yeah, the skate park is awesome :D

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.