Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Splatoon 2

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Jul 21, 2017

Some time has passed since the events in Splatoon as Marie asks for help in dealing with a missing Callie. Along with new fashion and music trends, the game features new weapons, abilities, maps, and modes. Stay fresh!

Japanese Splatoon 2 hype

DarkbeatDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Edited By DarkbeatDK

Splatoon 2 is coming and since the first game did incredibly well on the home turf, there's some collaborative efforts to celebrate the launch of the game.

Tower Records

If you are wondering why Japan's first Splatfest theme is Rock vs. Pop, it's because of the Tower Records summer sale! You might even have noticed their logo written in an inkling style throughout the demo. Frozenpandaman on Reddit took a bunch of pictures of the iconic Shibuya store, that kicked off the event with the release of Wet Floor's EP "Inkoming!"

Entrance
    Entrance
    Inkling boy and girl with merch
    Inkling boy and girl with merch
    Hats! With the new Kuroneko Yamato-inspired running squid icon
    Hats! With the new Kuroneko Yamato-inspired running squid icon
    Pop vs Rock shirts
    Pop vs Rock shirts
    People reading the manga compilation book
    People reading the manga compilation book
    No Caption Provided

You see many more pictures here.

Kyoto Aquarium

Kids can also learn about real squids at the Kyoto Aquarium at the "Suizokukaan" event. At the dolphin basin, kids split into two teams and try to gather as much water as possible in two containers, by either using Splattershots or buckets. Everyone with buckets risk getting drenched while trying to collect the falling water and once the game is over and the score is tallied up, the losing team gets drenched... then everyone gets drenched. I'm sure they have some of those big dryer rooms at the entrances, but you should probably bring some spare clothes just in chase.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Check out a video of the event below:

Of course there is also all sorts of merchandise to purchase.

Shirts!
    Shirts!
    Cookies!
    Cookies!

All in all a great summer vacation trip for the family

No Caption Provided

(Via Famitsu)

Fanart

Unsurprisingly, tons of fanart sprung up, especially after the reveal of Pearl and Marina. I think it was less than 20 minutes after the Splatoon 2 Nintendo Direct ended that I started seeing the first drawings from all over the world on twitter and it hasn't stopped. As with the first game, some of the most ink-redible artists can be found in the game itself. Miiverse may be gone, but Splatoonverse lives on.

Don't forget that the Splatfest is this weekend and stay off the hook!

DrM2theJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Oh wow, they really did go all out at Tower! I had heard it was crazy but that exceeds my expectations.

The fan art is off the hook on Twitter too. I have no idea how they do such good art on the Switch screen... it's awesome.

I was even inspired today (and I am decidedly not an artist).

No Caption Provided

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

I loved going to aquariums as a kid. Were I a kid today, a splatoon themed event at one would really excite me.

DarkbeatDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.