Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Splatoon 2

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Jul 21, 2017

Some time has passed since the events in Splatoon as Marie asks for help in dealing with a missing Callie. Along with new fashion and music trends, the game features new weapons, abilities, maps, and modes. Stay fresh!

Splatoon 2 is the Wii-U to Splatoon's Wii

MagnetPhonics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MagnetPhonics

It's still very good. But everything is just slightly off. All the 'improvements' are things nobody really asked for and everything that made the first game so easy and intuitive to use is gone.

Tom_omb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

You and I have very different opinions on the Wii and Wii U.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ripelivejam

Case of new thing being worse by default, I suppose?

What more specifically makes it off? Enjoyed the first a lot but was never a hardcore player so maybe I never ran up against it.

Rodin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

So you're saying splatoon 3 will be the true realisation of the concept?

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

So it has better graphics and is a lot more fun than the original?

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
    hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

An improvement across the board? Great, I'll pick it up when I can find a Switch at a normal price.

Hosstile17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Hosstile17

I dunno. I thought the Wii and Wii U were pretty great. So, the reference isn't really seeping in with me, unless you are saying that you feel like the marketing for Splatoon 2 is confusing and everybody thinks it is a new controller for an old thing.

MagnetPhonics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MagnetPhonics

My point was, that for all its flaws, the wii was super intuitive and simple. And anyone could play it regardless of preconceptions.

The Wii-U is incredibly niche, has a convoluted setup and is mostly for "fans of the genre"

@ripelivejam said:

Case of new thing being worse by default, I suppose?

What more specifically makes it off? Enjoyed the first a lot but was never a hardcore player so maybe I never ran up against it.

Most of my problems are with how they've replaced the touchscreen functionality, or more commonly, haven't replaced it. And how awkward the game is to get around.

• Instead of tapping on a teammate to jump to them like in Splatoon 1. You hit X, which makes the map appear, followed by the arrow button icon next to the player of choice. Cumbersome, but i'll get used to it... Except the squid icon for teammate is also shaped like an arrow, points in the direction they are facing and is twice the size of the arrow of the button to press. So I see the squid I want to jump to and a big left-facing arrow, hit left and end up heading in the opposite direction because the left-facing squid was actually assigned to the right arrow
    • So much loading... Which Splatoon 1 had. But also had that jumping squid game and similar diversions to fill the time
    • They have a lot of stuff dumped onto that terrible Nintendo phone/tablet app. Except the one thing a touch-interface would actually be useful for, drawing, which has to be done with a controller if the switch is docked.

....Also the victory song sounds like it's trying to be a non-copyright infringing impersonation of the first game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.