Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Splatoon

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released May 29, 2015

A third-person shooter/platformer hybrid that lets players paint the environment in colored ink and turn into squids to quickly traverse it. Along with a solo adventure and local one-on-one multiplayer, the game's main focus is its 4-on-4 online multiplayer battles.

How many people are still playing this?

noboners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By noboners

Hey guys,

Kotaku just ran an article on how much fun Patricia Hernandez was still having with the game. And seeing as how the game is pretty much a multiplayer only game, I always told myself I'd wait to see how many people were still playing after the big August update was released. So I'm just curious how many of you bombduders are still messing around in the squidtopia?

Quantris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still haven't picked this up, so I'm hoping it's still alive and kicking in a month or two when I'll finally have time to play. Based on recent Beastcasts it sounds like Alex is still playing it once in a while and he didn't mention any trouble finding matches.

hellerphant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I played it a handful of times when it was released, and then life got busy with the game I was developing, and I fell away. Haven't gone back to it, but I really need to. What I played at launch was fun, and sounds like they have been pouring some decent content into the game since then too!

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm still playing (feels weird to say it like that, it hasn't been out THAT long) and the matchmaking is still quick and I'm seeing a good variation in player levels, so it seems like it's a mix of people super into it, more casual players, newcomers etc.

noboners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@damodar said:

I'm still playing (feels weird to say it like that, it hasn't been out THAT long) and the matchmaking is still quick and I'm seeing a good variation in player levels, so it seems like it's a mix of people super into it, more casual players, newcomers etc.

Yeah it felt weird weird including the "still playing" part for me too, but with a console that didn't sell well combined with a multiplayer-mostly game I would not have been shocked to hear the fan base had petered out after only a few months.

Avatar image for chocolaterhinovampire
    chocolaterhinovampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

I am thinking about getting Splatoon soon and was wondering if the online community is still there? I heard the single player gets old quick so i'll only buy this if the online community is robust. How have people been keeping up with it?

Avatar image for tarpit_carnivore
    Tarpit_Carnivore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was playing it a lot after getting it, but have been spending more time with Mario Maker and Yoshi Wooly World of late.

I am thinking about getting Splatoon soon and was wondering if the online community is still there? I heard the single player gets old quick so i'll only buy this if the online community is robust. How have people been keeping up with it?

I think the single player is fun and offers some challenges towards the end of it. It's not going to be the most engaging or memorable story, but it was definitely fun.

Atwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

Oh yes its there.

Naoiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Did they ever solve that issue of the hackers using the octoling skin characters in multiplayer? They said it would corrupt your save if you ran into one so I've been hesitant to keep playing.

TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Yup, surprisingly there's a lot of folks out there still playin' Splatoon.

Danteveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 30

I'm still playing and there is no problem to find other people since all regions play together.

Avatar image for johnsonvillebratwurst
    JohnsonvilleBratwurst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@naoiko said:

Did they ever solve that issue of the hackers using the octoling skin characters in multiplayer? They said it would corrupt your save if you ran into one so I've been hesitant to keep playing.

That was one Japanese guy who figured it out, and it was weeks ago. It's OK now.

But yeah, there's still a lot of people playing this game, and Nintendo's been keeping it pretty well updated, though things have tapered off a bit after 2.0. Some people datamined the game after the last big patch and found like four new maps, so there's still content coming. This is Nintendo's big new IP so of course they're going to keep it alive. What helps is that it's an awesome game.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I got it over the weekend. This is without a doubt the best competitive game I've played in years. Holy shit. Splatoon is fucking great. I love nearly everything about it so far.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought it and still haven't played it because I'm terrible

justicejanitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've got this game in July and I play a match here and there and I have no problem finding people. Community is still very much active. The frequent updates help to keep things interesting.

jpon87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played it a ton when it first came out! Now I occasionally play a couple hours per week after taking a 1-2 month break playing MGSV. Whenever I do matchmaking is pretty fast and I don't feel like I've fallen behind skill-wise. It's a good mix of people and still a great time! Definitely worth picking up and playing even after a couple months out!

thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 thatpinguino  Staff

I've played it recently and you will have no issues finding games, especially if you play during the times when both the American and Japanese players are awake at the same time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.