Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Splinter Cell

Franchise »

Tom Clancy's tactical espionage series starring Sam Fisher.

Is the series worth getting into.

nailmon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By nailmon

I've been playing quite a few stealth games recently and I was thinking about getting into the splinter cell series. So I was wondering if it was worth getting into the splinter cell series and if so which game would be best to start from in you're opinion.

any feedback will be appreciated. thanks.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By DocHaus

@nailmon: Buy Chaos Theory, it is probably the peak of the series. Maybe the first game too if you can deal with the challenge, but definitely Chaos Theory because it goes downhill after that.

two_socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By two_socks

The first isn't bad, it's just a bit clunky. Chaos Theory is the high point of the series. Pandora Tomorrow is over-looked, but it's not terrible. I'd say go for CT at least, for sure. Also, make sure to get the Xbox version. It has seamless levels (something the PS2 version doesn't have) and looks better. It'll also play on a 360.

nailmon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By nailmon

@two_socks: well i was thinking about getting the HD collection for the PS3 which has the first three games but i was wondering if there were any problems with the HD collection.

two_socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By two_socks

@nailmon: Not sure about any problems. I wanna say there are, like some frame-rate problems or something, but I'm not completely sure.

nailmon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By nailmon

@two_socks: Ok i might give the HD collection a shot then, thanks for the help.

FakeKisser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#7  Edited By FakeKisser

I am about to play through ever Splinter Cell game. I played the first when it came out, but I haven't played any others...honestly not sure why... So, I'm now going through all of them. It will probably take me a year to do it, because I'll play other games in between, though. :) I'm a big fan of stealth games.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.