Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Split-Screen Multiplayer

Concept »

Sometimes, you want to play games with a real person who's sitting right next to you. These games have you covered.

What good split-screen co-op games are there on the PS3?

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By dbz1995

I've been looking around a lot for some games that are good fun to play with a mate, in this case my brother, playing beside me. We loved Resistance, MUA2 and 1, but then could not find other games to enjoy together co-operatively. 
    We tried Borderlands, but for some reason, maybe due to our TV size or just a general issue, the size of the map was too big to see anything-it may seem like a minor remark, but it was annoying to look around for around 30 seconds to find where we have to go, and us, having poor senses of direction often checked our maps. So we stopped playing that. Me and my brother tried the Resi5 demo, but he found it too slow for his tastes. What other games are there?

Interfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Interfect

Fat Princess now has 4 player couch co-op... I haven't tried co-op yet but the game it's self is still awesome.

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By dbz1995
    @Interfect said:

" Fat Princess now has 4 player couch co-op... I haven't tried co-op yet but the game it's self is still awesome. "

Holy fucking shit really? Thanks dude. Although my brother will never play this game, that's awesome.
    bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#4  Edited By bed

army or two? 

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By dbz1995
    @AjayRaz said:
    " army or two?  "
    I'd already written that down, but most people say its alright. I'm looking for something that might be a bit better-maybe even after I've gotten that game. Thanks for the input though. Also, 6780 posts? Where do you get these from?
    Interfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Interfect
    @dbz1995:  

No problem also they are releasing DLC you can buy that will have 3 new classes, Pirates, Giants, and Ninjas. Also I think those new maps are on that DLC too. Also COD World At War I think has full on co-op campaign and also split screen Nazi Zombies. 

EDIT: @dbz1995 said:
    " @AjayRaz said:
    " army or two?  "
    I'd already written that down, but most people say its alright. I'm looking for something that might be a bit better-maybe even after I've gotten that game. Thanks for the input though. Also, 6780 posts? Where do you get these from? "
    Dude he is mother f'in AjayRaz.. He gets them anyway he wants.
    dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By dbz1995
    @Interfect said:
    " @dbz1995:  

No problem also they are releasing DLC you can buy that will have 3 new classes, Pirates, Giants, and Ninjas. Also I think those new maps are on that DLC too. Also COD World At War I think has full on co-op campaign and also split screen Nazi Zombies. 

EDIT: @dbz1995 said:
    " @AjayRaz said:
    " army or two?  "
    I'd already written that down, but most people say its alright. I'm looking for something that might be a bit better-maybe even after I've gotten that game. Thanks for the input though. Also, 6780 posts? Where do you get these from? "
    Dude he is mother f'in AjayRaz.. He gets them anyway he wants. "
    I'll give you that one. Also, we sold WAW-my brother liked the co-op, but our save file crashed for some reason, and he doesn't like Nazi Zombies.
    Interfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Interfect
    @dbz1995:  

Gunstar Heroes on the PSN is like 5 bucks and it has co-op. And I believe as well Final Fight on the PSN has co-op for both games.
    bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#9  Edited By bed
    @dbz1995: this would be better if you had a 360 :(  more available titles for co op buuut i'm afraid i have no games to suggest. i didn't even know that the PS3 had such little co operative games.  

there's Burn Zombie Burn though. that game seems great with co op
    Interfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Interfect
    @AjayRaz:  

Oh Yeah. BZB is awesome. I should really check out their Zombies In Space... DLC.
    dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By dbz1995
    @Interfect:@AjayRaz:  Sadly, my bro wants a game that actually has an end, from what I know. I already have BZB and, whilst I despise it from a singleplayer view, its alright with mates. On the other hand, a game I'd recommend to myself if my brother would play the goddamn game is Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battlecars-a driving-football game with jumping in that is pretty good fun and has online splitscreen multiplayer.
    Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By Spoonman671

I'd check the PSN games.  I think most of the Pixeljunk games have local co-op, and I'm sure there are plenty of other downloadable games with co-op too.

Resistance 2 has local co-op, but it's separate from the single-player campaign.  You both play online at the same time from the same console.  I don't know how active the R2 co-op community is at the moment.

Sonic's Sega Genesis Collection has around 50 games, and many of those have games have co-op (Streets of Rage 1,2,3, Golden Axe 1,2,3, etc.)

That's all I can think of for now.

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By dbz1995
    @Spoonman671 said:
    " I'd check the PSN games.  I think most of the Pixeljunk games have local co-op, and I'm sure there are plenty of other downloadable games with co-op too.  Resistance 2 has local co-op, but it's separate from the single-player campaign.  You both play online at the same time from the same console.  I don't know how active the R2 co-op community is at the moment.  Sonic's Sega Genesis Collection has around 50 games, and many of those have games have co-op (Streets of Rage 1,2,3, Golden Axe 1,2,3, etc.)  That's all I can think of for now. "
    Alas, we had completed most good co-op Sega Genesis games, and we didn't enjoy R2 for some reason. On the other hand, I'm intrigued about these Pixeljunk games and their co-op. Has anybody got these games and, if so, how are they co-op wise? (Co-op-wise?)
    Interfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Interfect

If you really are desperate. Unreal Tournament 3 has free dlc and Co-op for offline Mp and Story Mode... But. I wouldn't totally recommend it.

Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Pessh

Army of Two? Are you dizzee blud? RE5 has splitscreen. RSV2 might have split screen, definitely has online coop and that game is sick. Your brother doesn't like RE5? What a pussyole. Seems like you've exhausted pretty much everything, just buy wipeout or something.

Edit: Pretty sure Vegas 2 does have offline coop. WaW, again don't know about offline. Could do spec ops if you still havn't in MW2. Pixeljunk shooter is fun but short. I hear Warhawk has good coop. Then theres all the lego games.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Spoonman671

They show some co-op towards the end.

This is a tower defense game.

I don't know how to explain this one.  It could be frustrating when you climb real high then fall to the bottom.
    bloop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By bloop

Aww

I would've recommended RE5 but.. yeah

fraser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By fraser

Rainbow Six Vegas 2 has loads of offline co-op for the story and 'terrorist hunt' modes. I would really reccommend it, it's also cheap now.

Also the player 2 guest character has persistent attributes, so they have their own character-profile effectively.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By shadows_kill

borderlands, RE5, pixel junk shooter, army of 2, resistance, rainbow six vegas 1+2, damnation (LOL) 
    coming soonish- pixel junk shooter 2, kane and lynch 2, f3ar........

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.