Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Split/Second

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released May 18, 2010

Split/Second is an arcade racing game by developer Black Rock Studio. The game takes place in a made-for-TV city designed for destruction.

I'm pretty stoked about this game.

HeavyDuty32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By HeavyDuty32

Having gotten to play this at PAX Prime 09 and PAX East 10 so far, I have to say this is shaping up to be the most interesting racing game I've seen in a long time.  It's nice to see racing games straying away from the super sim model again.  While I like a good sim racing game every now and then, one good one can last a long time, and in the mean time I'd rather play something like this.  Also, just wondering, for anybody else who played at both these shows, are at least played the two different tracks they showed there, which one did you like better?

Avatar image for bestusernameever
    BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By BestUsernameEver

I have never been to a convention, ever, so I can't say that I have actually played this game. What I can say is that it is looking like one of the most interesting titles of 2010, besides maybe Red dead redemption. The only thing though, that makes me nervous is actually very trivial. Whenever I see the 'Disney interactive' logo pop up before the trailers, I just cringe. Something about knowing Disney had some say in the game makes me so anxious about the title itself, I know, really dumb complaint, because Disney was a part of Pure, (also made by blackrock I believe), and that game turned out much better than anyone expected. Well, I guess we just wait until next month to really see if this game stacks up to it's insane gameplay videos. Also, I am waiting to see which game, Blur or Split/second will take the cake in terms of overall 'fun-ness'? Because it seems neck and neck right now. Can't wait.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.