Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Split/Second

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released May 18, 2010

Split/Second is an arcade racing game by developer Black Rock Studio. The game takes place in a made-for-TV city designed for destruction.

Season 3 Detonator

Hammerjelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Hammerjelly

Ok, so I've done the detonator in season 3 at least 10-15 times and I can only get within 2-3 seconds of first place. I've tried drifting, not drifting, and combinations of both. Did anyone else have problems with this one? Or is there a shortcut that I haven't seen?

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Is this the one with the truck? The same thing keeps happening to me too (on a couple of the detonators actually). 

I think the problem is that they expect of a level of skill above that of players like me.

Hammerjelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Hammerjelly

yeah its the one with the Truck. Its ridiculous. I have no real problems with the races or  other modes, I can place first in those ok. But these Detonator events are stupidly hard.

CowboyBebopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By CowboyBebopper

Try backing up a bit more behind the finish line at the very start of the race. The timer doesn't start until you cross the starting/finish line so you can back up and gain more speed in your beginning.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By chaser324  Moderator
    @CowboyBebopper: 
    Wow! I'm definitely going to have to try this. It could definitely shave several seconds off my time.
    cool_myll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By cool_myll

Yeah the detonator was the hardest for me to get first too. With a little practice (and no collisions) you can get fist eventually. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.