Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Split/Second

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released May 18, 2010

Split/Second is an arcade racing game by developer Black Rock Studio. The game takes place in a made-for-TV city designed for destruction.

Split/Second $20 on Sale

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

Edited By sammo21

For anyone interested, Best Buy currently has Split/Second on sale for $20 in store or online.  Not a bad price for this game, so I think I will go ahead and take the plunge.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By sammo21

For anyone interested, Best Buy currently has Split/Second on sale for $20 in store or online.  Not a bad price for this game, so I think I will go ahead and take the plunge.

MixxMasterMaxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MixxMasterMaxx

As well you should. I finally S-Ranked it, and I'm still addicted. 8-player rooms tend to be full of people who enjoy the game and are less likely to refer to others using slurs of the ethnic/gender variety than other games.  Little weird online sometimes, no rooms, no people, but that's not too common, and the other 99% of the time when it is working great, it is FANTASTIC!

After hours and hours, I can still FEEL the adrenaline dump when I start driving in this game!!

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Diamond

Saw this earlier and ordered, hopefully the in-store pickup goes without a hitch because I haven't even gotten my first confirmation email from them yet.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By Vinny_Says

how are the achievements?

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By sammo21
    @blacklabeldomm: They don't look ridiculous when I looked at them all @ Ps3Trophies.org .  Just hit level 14 last night in trophies (not a lot @ all compared to a lot of people)    and after the first 2 season races I have like...6 trophies?  Pretty excited to get into this, especially after 2 horrible purchases (in my opinion) of Castlevania and Medal of Honor.
    MixxMasterMaxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MixxMasterMaxx

The achievements are very achievable!!  This game is my first S-Rank.  It took quite a while, but it was easier (I think) to go through Season Mode (offline) and take 1st in every race.  Then I focused on pulling the specific power-play achievements (they're all hidden, so I won't spoil them, but they require you to wreck a certain number of opponents with specific power plays).  With all that practice, I still had a hard time getting my online form up to 1, but it was a blast.  The 360 S/S community seems to consist of only two groups of people:  those who don't talk at all, and those who are not huge jerks.  Weird, huh? Last of all, I worked on the "Beat The Team" achievements. Most of the other achievements you'll pull off while working on these specific groups.

I'm sure you'll find your own way through, that's just what I did. Some specific achievements required tons of repetition, but I finally got it, and the game is still good enough to keep playing after all that!  That's saying something huge right there!!

AnnouncerGXZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AnnouncerGXZ

no longer 20 dollar? i jus went to best buy site and its 39.99

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.