Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Split/Second

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released May 18, 2010

Split/Second is an arcade racing game by developer Black Rock Studio. The game takes place in a made-for-TV city designed for destruction.

Split/Second E3 2009 Reveal

SystemSpecter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SystemSpecter

Do you love fast cars? Explosions? Large set pieces? and the brutal take down of your enemies?

I sure as hell do, all of those things are featured in this Blackrock Studio™ , and Disney Interactive Studio™ game!

This world premier trailer is pretty crazy, action packed and over the top, it appears to be a racing game, with combat, many people have tried and failed, but this one seems new and unique, as the "weapons" are not on your cars, like in full auto (not that that was a bad game), the environment is the weapon, apparently triggered giant crazy events, like a tower crash, plane crash, and bridge collapses, amongst many other environmental hazards to take out your opponents.

I don't know exactly how the triggering will work, or what roster of cars will be available, not many details are known at this time, but in the meanwhile what you can do is watch this ridiculous trailer that will leave you wanting to play the game (some conditions apply)

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Diamond

I worry the triggering seems like it could be both gimmicky and repetitive.  I hope they get the core racing mechanics working well first, because I don't know how much depth a bunch of pre set 'traps' could add to the game.

Kind of a Night Trap racing game...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.