Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Split/Second

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released May 18, 2010

Split/Second is an arcade racing game by developer Black Rock Studio. The game takes place in a made-for-TV city designed for destruction.

Split/Second freezing PS3s?

Fenrir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Fenrir

Hey, 
    The game just arrived in the mail today, I have played 5 races so far and it has massively locked up my ps3 4 times now, always whilst it is loading something, incredibly annoying. I have the 60GB PS3.

Anyone else having these problems? :\

Edit: Crashed a 5th time before the game even loaded. And these arent just minor crashes either, holding down the power button makes the screen go black, but you have to hold the power button for about 15 seconds for it to turn off.
    My Ps3 has never had any problems, locked up once when watching a blu-ray movie, and the usual amount expected with buggy PSN games. 
    Pretty pissed off, was really looking forward to this game.

Edit 2: Now it refuses to eject the disc, with Error 80010514
    Getting the feeling its my PS3 and not Split/Second, but still, this is the first game thats had this effect on it :(

Edit 3: Ok, it was the PS3 :( 
    Disc Drive has stopped reading any discs now, and struggles to eject them. Moderators could go ahead and delete this topic if they want, dont want to put customers off of this great game.
    Unless of course it was Split/second that broke the disc drive.....

random_guy23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By random_guy23

60gb ps3? it is getting old. I had one, which stopped connecting the the internet, so I bought a brand new PS3 Slim 120gb model, and i've had no problems with it so far. Maybe that is what you should do?

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By get2sammyb

Well I just came here to post something about this. I have a PS3 Slim (120GB) and the game plays fine for me - except when I try to join a multiplayer match. It's locked up three times at the same point for me - hit "Multiplayer", hit "Public Race", wait at the "Please Wait" screen for a few seconds and then bam - the glass effect of the menu stutters and I can't access the XMB.

Happened four times in a row. Anyone else getting this?

Fenrir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Fenrir

After following tutorials on the internet, i attempted a fix but it turned out to only be a temporary fix, so I rang the Sony EU customer helpline. The old ps3 is being collected tomorrow (next day), and being replaced with an 160GB model, which is the newer model of Fat PS3s, for the modest sum of £130. 
    The customer service on the phone was exemplary and the next day replacement thing is incredibly convenient, props to Sony :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.