Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

'Splosion Man

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Jul 22, 2009

A 2.5D side-scrolling action-platformer from Twisted Pixel featuring a military experiment gone wrong, resulting in a molten man who can ’splode at will!

First Thoughts On 'Splosion Man

Figglesworth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Edited By Figglesworth

I've just managed to complete world 1 with more difficulty than I first thought.  I have come to the conclusion that 'Splosion Man is in fact N+ with a lot more personality and some added depth.

At first I was worried that this game would be a cakewalk, but once I got to level 1-5 and actually started dying, I realized that this game was going to get hardcore real quick.  What's really great about 'Splosion Man, is that it  has hard-but-fair gameplay.  Sure, I ended up playing the same bit of a level over and over, so often that the game told me I could skip the level if I wanted to (I did not), but I never felt like the game was being unfair - a bastard for sure - but not unfair.

The pacing of the game seems really good too, with each level that I've played so far, introducing new enemies and obstacles.  I cannot say enough, if you liked N+ or the original flash game, you will not be disappointed here.

Figglesworth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Figglesworth

I've just managed to complete world 1 with more difficulty than I first thought.  I have come to the conclusion that 'Splosion Man is in fact N+ with a lot more personality and some added depth.

At first I was worried that this game would be a cakewalk, but once I got to level 1-5 and actually started dying, I realized that this game was going to get hardcore real quick.  What's really great about 'Splosion Man, is that it  has hard-but-fair gameplay.  Sure, I ended up playing the same bit of a level over and over, so often that the game told me I could skip the level if I wanted to (I did not), but I never felt like the game was being unfair - a bastard for sure - but not unfair.

The pacing of the game seems really good too, with each level that I've played so far, introducing new enemies and obstacles.  I cannot say enough, if you liked N+ or the original flash game, you will not be disappointed here.

bulletstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By bulletstorm

That's funny, that was my impression playing the demo. I just bought N+ when it was on sale so would you say it was still worth picking up Splosion Man?

Figglesworth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Figglesworth
    @BulletStorm: I would say, if you like N+, you should get Splosion Man for sure. I suggest you play N+ for a bit to make sure you don't hate the gameplay.  If you just bought N+, you may want to wait a bit before buying Splosion Man so you're not burned out on the genre.
    Megalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Megalon

The difficulty is one of the things I like about 'splosion man - it's not too hard, not too easy. I got kind of sick of n+ after awhile, but so far haven't gotten sick of 'splosion man. 

The moment I heard 'splosion man say "see you at the party Richter" I knew this was my kind of game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.