Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Spore

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Sep 07, 2008

Simulate the development and progression of an alien species as it evolves from a single-celled organism to a sapient level, rises up through various stages of civilization, and eventually becomes a space-faring species.

Spore DRM Question

Atlantus_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Atlantus_Air

My friend has Spore, but his computer isn't able to run it. He has installed and uninstalled it 4 times already. If I borrow it from him and install it, will he be out of installs?

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
    @Atlantus_Air said:
    " My friend has Spore, but his computer isn't able to run it. He has installed and uninstalled it 4 times already. If I borrow it from him and install it, will he be out of installs? "
    Yes.  You'll have to call them up & pay the $18 fee or whatever it is
    in order to play the game.  Man they really put planned obscelence
    in this game by not being able to drop the price.  You can get the
    boxed game for pretty cheap these days.  Just make sure you
    put it on a box that you don't plan on reformatting for quite a few
    years.
    Atlantus_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Atlantus_Air
    @Lind_L_Taylor: Few months late, but thanks anyway. I've already purchased Spore and it's really boring.
    HS21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By HS21
    @Atlantus_Air said:
    " @Lind_L_Taylor: Few months late, but thanks anyway. I've already purchased Spore and it's really boring. "
    You can make something have 3 eyes. THREE. How is that boring? You're so jaded.
    Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
    @Atlantus_Air said:
    " @Lind_L_Taylor: Few months late, but thanks anyway. I've already purchased Spore and it's really boring. "
    Did you finish it?

@HS21 said:
    " @Atlantus_Air said:
    You can make something have 3 eyes. THREE. How is that boring? You're so jaded. "

It's too bad the game wasn't as fun as the novel idea behind this kind of game.
    HS21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By HS21
    @Lind_L_Taylor said:
    " @Atlantus_Air said:
    Did you finish it?

@HS21 said:
    " @Atlantus_Air said:
    You can make something have 3 eyes. THREE. How is that boring? You're so jaded. "
    It's too bad the game wasn't as fun as the novel idea behind this kind of game. "
    I feel like you're not listening. Most things have two eyes, but in Spore you can make something have three eyes. That's one more eye than one commonly sees. It's fucking ridiculous. I'll take that kind of user customization and in depth character creation over any half assed Bioware RPG or Valve First Person Banger.
    Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
    @HS21 said:
    " @Lind_L_Taylor said:
    " @Atlantus_Air said:
    Did you finish it?

@HS21 said:
    " @Atlantus_Air said:
    It's too bad the game wasn't as fun as the novel idea behind this kind of game. "
    I feel like you're not listening. Most things have two eyes, but in Spore you can make something have three eyes. That's one more eye than one commonly sees. It's fucking ridiculous. I'll take that kind of user customization and in depth character creation over any half assed Bioware RPG or Valve First Person Banger. "
    Spare me your bullshit.
    HS21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By HS21
    @Lind_L_Taylor said:
    " @HS21 said:
    " @Lind_L_Taylor said:
    " @Atlantus_Air said:
    Did you finish it?

@HS21 said:
    " @Atlantus_Air said:
    I feel like you're not listening. Most things have two eyes, but in Spore you can make something have three eyes. That's one more eye than one commonly sees. It's fucking ridiculous. I'll take that kind of user customization and in depth character creation over any half assed Bioware RPG or Valve First Person Banger. "
    Spare me your bullshit. "
    Right, ignore the truth when it's too much to handle.
    ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By ISuperGamerI
    @HS21 said:
    " @Lind_L_Taylor said:
    " @HS21 said:
    " @Lind_L_Taylor said:
    " @Atlantus_Air said:
    Did you finish it?

@HS21 said:
    " @Atlantus_Air said:
    Right, ignore the truth when it's too much to handle. "
    I really hope you're not serious saying that Spore is a better game than an RPG from Bioware or an FPS from Valve.
    HS21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By HS21
    @ISuperGamerI said:
    " @HS21 said:
    " @Lind_L_Taylor said:
    " @HS21 said:
    " @Lind_L_Taylor said:
    " @Atlantus_Air said:
    Did you finish it?

@HS21 said:
    " @Atlantus_Air said:
    I really hope you're not serious saying that Spore is a better game than an RPG from Bioware or an FPS from Valve. "
    Tell me how I'm wrong.
    ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By ISuperGamerI
    @HS21 said:
    " @ISuperGamerI said:
    " @HS21 said:
    " @Lind_L_Taylor said:
    " @HS21 said:
    " @Lind_L_Taylor said:
    " @Atlantus_Air said:
    Did you finish it?

@HS21 said:
    " @Atlantus_Air said:
    I really hope you're not serious saying that Spore is a better game than an RPG from Bioware or an FPS from Valve. "
    Tell me how I'm wrong. "
    Do I have to say that? :P
    HS21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By HS21
    @ISuperGamerI said:
    " @HS21 said:
    " @ISuperGamerI said:
    " @HS21 said:
    " @Lind_L_Taylor said:
    " @HS21 said:
    " @Lind_L_Taylor said:
    " @Atlantus_Air said:
    Did you finish it?

@HS21 said:
    " @Atlantus_Air said:
    Tell me how I'm wrong. "
    Do I have to say that? :P "
    Hey man, if you can't back up your point like I can mine, then that's fine. 
    Atlantus_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Atlantus_Air

Guys, they are both different genres, no point in arguing. That's like comparing beer to soda.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.