Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sportsfriends

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released May 06, 2014

Sportsfriends is a collection of competitive multiplayer indie games.

Found Any Secrets?

drac96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By drac96

I didn't know whether or not to put spoilers in the topic title, since this game has no story. I decided against it, but I know how weird people are when they get secrets ruined for them. So be warned about that I guess.

Yesterday I played SportsFriends for a few hours with a couple of my friends. For fun we looked at the trophy list and saw that all but two of them were hidden. I quickly went online to see what they were, and noticed a few of them I could not complete, because there are stages and characters that I don't have access to.

One of the trophies wants you to complete a match on the stage Rainbow Highway in Super Pole Riders. There are only four stages to choose from and that's not one of them. The same goes for playing as Kalgoorlie on Boxing Day. That's not one of the characters! Perhaps it's something that only shows up on that day, which would be kind of cool.

I'm just judging from these two things, but I'm willing to bet that there are at least a few more secrets waiting to be discovered. There's the fairly obvious one in Joust. In the options menu there's a password field that wants you to put in a special someone's birth year. If you put in Bach's birth year of 1685 you unlock the secret options menu, which has a whole bunch more stuff in it.

There was also the video on polygon today about the two secret games you can access from the main menu. To access "Get On Top" you press up, right, down, left, up, right, down, left, and x. You can also play "Wiggly Pong" if you put in the Konami code, which is up,up, down, down, left, right, left, right, o.

I haven't been able to find any cool stuff myself, but I was wondering if maybe anyone else has? I'm super interested to see if anything else can be uncovered. Mainly I just really want to see the rainbow level in Super Pole Riders.

Edit: It also looks like if you put 2014 into Joust you unlock something else. It pops up a message saying that you unlocked a mini-secret, but gives no indication as to what it is.

Avatar image for generic_username
    generic_username

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By generic_username

I found the secret that my second PS3 controller is completely broken.

That was a bummer.

Mafoogley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

At PAX my friend and I played Super Pole Riders for a solid 3 hours. I remember at one point we unlocked a level and the guy at the Sony booth told us it was because someone launched themselves over one of the high walls at the edge of the level. I believe we did it on the one where there's a dip in the ground near the goal.

This was back in September, my memory might be failing me. And they certainly could have changed it.

domineeto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 2

To get Rainbow Highway you need to vault over the wall in Princeton (or whatever one with the pond NOT THE BRIDGE in the center). It can be done solo but if you have a friend against the wall sticking their pole up parallel to the wall it usually only takes 2 or 3 tries. I'm not sure if it matters which side you are on because I think I did it on both sides. Once you get the stage it will be available from the menu.

LangarN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Hm i don't get the same feeling of control in get on top as i did in the browser version. I think it feels much more random now but i've only played it for like half an hour maybe I will get the hang of it!

boysef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The rainbow highway legends were true! Accidentally found it playing with a friend this morning. Could not for the life of us recreate the magic though...

DHIATENSOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By DHIATENSOR

I only just discovered FLOP or "wiggly pong" and it's quickly become my friends go to multiplayer. It's fucking incredible. By adding spin and a flappable paddle to Pong they've accidentally made one of best tennis games ever made. Once you both get good it turns in to this frantic hypnotic duel, slamming it back and forth at absurd speeds, the physics satisfyingly hyperbolic. I owned Sportsfriends for 3 years without even knowing this thing existed!

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

@dhiatensor: My friends absolutely lost their shit over the PONG game when I showed it to them. We had an absolute blast playing it for the first time together.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.