They should make an HD collection of the first three games.

#1 Posted by AngeTheDude (775 posts) -

Come on guys, you know you want it.

#2 Edited by Vextroid (1569 posts) -

You can't upscale 3D graphics from the Playstation 1 era with out them looking like garbage.

Unless you mean like a quasi-remake like Tony Hawks HD? Then sure I'd be on board with that.

#3 Posted by tobygw (667 posts) -

Meh, I think I'm satisfied with the PS1 versions of them that they already have on the store. PSN Plus users got them all for free, but I haven't gone back and played any of them yet.

#4 Posted by JasonR86 (10232 posts) -

They would have to be remade. A PS1 game can't be upscaled because...well, it's a PS1 game. Imagine this upscaled;

No Caption Provided

I mean it would ok but...man. And remember how PS1 textures used to warp every time you moved? It would just be way to hard to do and it wouldn't look good.

Avatar image for captain_clayman
#5 Posted by captain_clayman (3349 posts) -

if they completely re-did all the graphics (but with a similar style) but kept the levels pretty much the same i'd be more than down for that.

#6 Posted by AngeTheDude (775 posts) -

I obviously mean if they did it right.

"Come on guys, I want a half-assed port of a classic game!"

Avatar image for vegetable_side_dish
#7 Posted by Vegetable_Side_Dish (1783 posts) -

I just put my PS1 disks into my PS3 drive, and the game appears. I don't really need an HD remake. 

#8 Posted by MistaSparkle (2291 posts) -

We could start a petition... :/ Sorry for that, I just thought I would be the first to joke about it in this thread.

I would absolutely love to play my Spyro games again with updated graphics and whatever comes with these HD Remixes, BUT not if it means I have to play with crazy crackhead motherfucker Spyro. I want the OG, nice Spyro who can't fly, but can skateboard because I liked that shit.

#9 Posted by matthias2437 (992 posts) -

I'm down with that. I LOVED the Spyro games back in the day, some of my favorites.

#10 Edited by AcidBrandon18 (1378 posts) -

They are now!

Loading Video...

https://kotaku.com/amazon-leaks-spyro-remastered-trilogy-1825009738

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.