Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Square Enix

Company »

A Japanese video game company that is best known for the development of role-playing games. It is the result of a merger between two separate video game companies, Square and Enix. Its subsidiaries include Taito and Eidos.

Sounds like Square could use a Phoenix Down

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#1  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Woof. @zombiepie brought this one to my attention.

IGN is reporting Square's Final Fantasy XV DLC has been cut from 4 to just one, and their director has left, along with a great many staffers. Sounds like their financials aren't great either. Thoughts?

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It doesn't seem all that surprising, XV has always been a weird mess. From troubled development, to release, to intensely confusing post-release support.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By Onemanarmyy

I know they have a large selection of mobile games out there. Always figured those were quite popular as well. Played FF: Record Keeper & Triple Triad for quite a while actually. And there's that isometric FF base building game that i saw a billion ads from on mobile.

Maybe they just don't see any more value to be gained from FF15 and decided to just stop making new stuff for it?

Edit: Here's a list of all Square's mobile offerings

echasketchers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Just saw this too, it seems like they bit off more than they could chew with the XV DLC. I was waiting for the game to be totally done before starting a second playthrough, and now Tabata is just gone? I hope he goes somewhere where he can do more than clean up someone else's mess. He must be a talented game director to be able to ship a game that had such a troubled dev cycle.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There all gone working on the Quite man audio pack.

vikingdeath1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tabata is taking over the Quiet Man Sequel/ DLC.

... I am legit bummed about this news. I was hoping for another chunk of content being put out for that game. While flawed in many ways (Especially at launch) I loved my time on that road trip with your Bros. Good music too.

Mento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 212

#7  Edited By Mento  Moderator

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.