Big Head + Big Hands + Glow

#1 Posted by Tonyyj (154 posts) -

= Awesome!

I lucked out and found a dark Eddie suit with Big Head, Big Hands and Glow and it's hilarious watching his giant fro sway as he falls from the sky.

So now I'm wondering what kind of suits you guys are rocking for your favourite character(s). Also, do you think the actual bonuses such as tricky time, speed, boost etc warrant a higher priority over these 'gimmicky' suits, or would the difference be minimal enough for it to not matter?

#2 Posted by CapnThrash (159 posts) -

Oh man, spoilers dude!

;)

#3 Edited by Barrabas (509 posts) -

Yeah I wish there was something a little more concrete showing what these bonuses are doing. I have Psymon's epic glowing suit, but I rarely use it as I also have Psymon's epic suit with trick bonus. I have no idea how much that trick bonus is really effecting things but it sure does sound important.

#4 Posted by joshthebear (2704 posts) -

I've definitely got a couple I switch back and forth to. Usually in all trick /race I roll with Ty's epic suit with more tricky time and for survival I go with his epic suit that allows for more rewinds.

#5 Posted by CrazyBagMan (1208 posts) -

Glad to hear they have big hands and head suits that also have glow. So far I've only seen one or the other and they're awesome.

#6 Posted by CapnThrash (159 posts) -

Will your ghost have big hands/head too?

#7 Posted by Tonyyj (154 posts) -

@CrazyBagMan: Glow with big hands is pretty great especially if the rest of the outfit is dark, stands out a lot.

@CapnThrash: Oh man, I never really thought of that but I really hope so!

#8 Posted by n0nametaz (299 posts) -

I'm rocking Kaori's Epic Suit (#256) with the Perk: Extra Tricky Time. I also wish there was something telling me exactly what my perk is doing. I also enjoy the "gimmicky" stuff, i wish they had put more suit perks in like the big head mode stuff as well as the extra tricky time.

#9 Posted by Humanity (16215 posts) -

I'm a little disappointed with the customization honestly. In SSX on Tour there were so many jackets, pants, bindings, boots - everything to choose from. Baggy, fitted, regular. In this SSX you just get color palette swaps and even those aren't that great. Well for Kaori they aren't I've noticed some of the other riders like Mac have a bit more variety. I guess as a girl she gets mostly one piece color schemes with details.

#10 Posted by CrazyBagMan (1208 posts) -

@Humanity said:

I'm a little disappointed with the customization honestly. In SSX on Tour there were so many jackets, pants, bindings, boots - everything to choose from. Baggy, fitted, regular. In this SSX you just get color palette swaps and even those aren't that great. Well for Kaori they aren't I've noticed some of the other riders like Mac have a bit more variety. I guess as a girl she gets mostly one piece color schemes with details.

I'd rather have an awesome game with somewhat limited customization than a just average game with a lot of customization.

#11 Posted by BPRJCTX (786 posts) -

@CrazyBagMan: Don't know about SSX On Tour, cos i didn't play it for that long.

But SSX 3 had both.

#12 Posted by Redbullet685 (6453 posts) -

I either use a suit for Psymon with extra tricky time, or one that has big head and hands. The Big head/hands one is kinda funny.

#13 Posted by Humanity (16215 posts) -

@BPRJCTX: I thought On Tour was super fun and the customization was incredible.

I agree with that I rather have a better game - but for me a lot of fun comes from customizing my player. SSX is great fun and the RiderNet makes it incredibly addictive, but it would be the full package for me if they included all that customization stuff the previous title had. I'm sure this is also an open avenue for DLC though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.