Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

SSX

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Feb 28, 2012

The sixth entry in the Snowboard Super X series that allows players to ride down real world mountains in dangerous weather conditions.

I don't have a lot of Xbox Friends... still worth getting?

ALavaPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ALavaPenguin

Also this late in it's cycle. I know a lot of this game has that competitive leaderboard stuff. Is it worth getting into this at all at this point or did I miss the boat?

Also is this game fun without internet still since that stuff is so tied into the experience? I am moving in a few days and will be a few days before I get internet in the new place. Wondering if this would keep me entertained or would it drain the fun not having the online stuff and whatnot?

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By jacdg

I'd say yes, I love playing the game itself and I'm not into the entire leaderboard highscore thing, because I'm usually not good enough be the best, and if I'm not number one I just can't be bothered, but a lot of the game is about that so it depends on how much you feel you need to compete for it to be enjoyable.

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By BonOrbitz

@ALavaPenguin: @JacDG said:

I'd say yes, I love playing the game itself and I'm not into the entire leaderboard highscore thing, because I'm usually not good enough be the best, and if I'm not number one I just can't be bothered, but a lot of the game is about that so it depends on how much you feel you need to compete for it to be enjoyable.

"Yes" as in "yes, it's worth getting into" or "yes, he missed the boat"?

No pun intended, but I'm in the same boat as the OP. I bought the game, cracked it open, but haven't played it yet. Unfortunately, all but one person on my friends list (a fellow Bomber) is playing it so if you want to add me LavaPenguin, my gamertag is CapnRawknspiel. I plan on tackling SSX soon.

MC_Hify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By MC_Hify

All this auto-log stuff seems cool but I kind of find it hard to believe that very many people have a friends list packed with people all playing the same game at around the same time. It seems like a feature designed for game writers and not really anyone else. I guess you can always go on the forums and add a bunch of people who are doing a gamertag exchange or something if you really want to use that feature but for me personally a lot of the fun of competitiveness would be lost on me because I don't really know any of those people.

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By BonOrbitz

@ALavaPenguin: @runcrash said:

All this auto-log stuff seems cool but I kind of find it hard to believe that very many people have a friends list packed with people all playing the same game at around the same time. It seems like a feature designed for game writers and not really anyone else. I guess you can always go on the forums and add a bunch of people who are doing a gamertag exchange or something if you really want to use that feature but for me personally a lot of the fun of competitiveness would be lost on me because I don't really know any of those people.

A list can be found here.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Karl_Boss

Yeah its still worth getting.....there isn't any real online play other than trying to beat the ghost times of your friends.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By PeasantAbuse

The game also recommends a bunch of people for you to add, so you could do that if you want to fill up your leaderboards.

TentPole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TentPole

Get it.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By csl316

Check out the list in the forums. Add some random people from there and it'll add some fun. Granted, the game's pretty cool by yourself, too.

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#10  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator

I still rate this game very highly, if you have any interest in the series it really is a great instalment and it's GREAT online and offline. Sometime I would argue that the leaderboards make it worse when you are getting frustrated by everyone doing so damn well haha! The Global Events are still hitting the bit numbers on the larger drops.

Rave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Rave

I highly recommend it, one of my favorite games this gen. And with the dlc coming out next week I believe you can bet a bunch of players will be returning to the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.