Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

SSX

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Feb 28, 2012

The sixth entry in the Snowboard Super X series that allows players to ride down real world mountains in dangerous weather conditions.

Mount Eddi DLC - Feedback

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Seppli

Grabbed the Mount Eddie DLC today. Was surprisingly priceworthy. It's a very long and steep drop. Takes like 10 minutes to the bottom in a good trick run. Most sections are perfect for big tricks. It's a bit too narrow at times for my taste and some sections, like the 'cluttered full of trees' and 'supernarrow & a million rails' stuff ain't exactly intuitive for a 'BiG TRiCKs' track, overall though, I'll have many hours of fun on it. It's no Serenity, but it's pretty close.

Wierdly enough, instead of having having 15-60 minutes interval high stakes events, those are in the Himalayas today. What's the point of the big drop being a 7-day event. Posted my 100+ million run and moved on. Oh well - plenty time to revisit.

How do you guys like it so far?

P.S. I opted to not buy the characters. Seemed like new skins for Eddi and Zoe and Koari and such. Waste of money, or is there more to it?

redyoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By redyoshi

I really like it so far, the drop from the top is definitely a marathon for this game. I'll take the trees if it means I won't have to worry about crevasses. The only drop I don't really enjoy is Kid's Corner, and only because it ends kind of abruptly in the middle.

I did get the character skins because it was just like eight bucks altogether, but yeah, that's all they are. New skins that you have to level up again. I knew what I was getting from that going in so I'm not disappointed by that, Panda Backpack Kaori's probably going to be my second level 11, but don't get it if you're not into that.

Also, I'm not sure if anyone's having this problem but I could have a 120 trick combo going but on the latter half of the mountain and our pilot friend will go on like a broken record about more tricks, more tricks. I could understand if I'm trying to beat a ghost, but he was starting up during first runs while I was on pace for a gold medal.

mesoian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By mesoian

@Seppli said:

Grabbed the Mount Eddie DLC today. Was surprisingly priceworthy. It's a very long and steep drop. Takes like 10 minutes to the bottom in a good trick run. Most sections are perfect for big tricks. It's a bit too narrow at times for my taste and some sections, like the 'cluttered full of trees' and 'supernarrow & a million rails' stuff ain't exactly intuitive for a 'BiG TRiCKs' track, overall though, I'll have many hours of fun on it. It's no Serenity, but it's pretty close.

Wierdly enough, instead of having having 15-60 minutes interval high stakes events, those are in the Himalayas today. What's the point of the big drop being a 7-day event. Posted my 100+ million run and moved on. Oh well - plenty time to revisit.

P.S. I opted to not buy the characters. Seemed like new skins for Eddi and Zoe and Koari and such. Waste of money, or is there more to it?

The new skins are a waste of money. They're individual characters, so if you've already maxed everyone out, you'll just be starting over. Plus, they're not very well done. It seems they didn't add new animations, so Kaori just has this dead stair into nothingness everytime you close up on her face.

BPRJCTX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BPRJCTX

@Mesoian said:

@Seppli said:

The new skins are a waste of money. They're individual characters, so if you've already maxed everyone out, you'll just be starting over. Plus, they're not very well done. It seems they didn't add new animations, so Kaori just has this dead stair into nothingness everytime you close up on her face.

Yeah man, some of them look ok, but the girls...

Zoe's not that bad but...

Elise and Kaori look ugly as hell!!!

But you're right, if you don't care about skins, just get the mountain, cos it's GREAT!!!

I got the pack, so i think it was still worth it, but i can't imagine why someone would pay 480 MS just for the skins.

Anyway, the mountain is just SSX.

It's what the wholle game should have been basically, crazy old SSX fun.

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator

@Mesoian said:

@Seppli said:

They do all have new more classic uber-tricks which is neat but other than that, yeah a waste of money...

mesoian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By mesoian

I think my biggest complaint about this new course is how exploitable it is. You can remove entire sections of the mountain with well placed wingsuit usage. It really takes a lot of the flare out of the course as there's no reason to go through any of it when you can just go sail over it.

But I think that's more a complaint about the game rather than the course. There's a reason why all the global events have wingsuits turned off.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Dany

I love it. It is so much damn fun to ride down on. I don't like that classic characters are seperate but whatever. I'll max them out. 10 minutes to ride down on, insane!

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#8  Edited By MachoFantastico

The new mountain makes me wish there were more like it in the game to be honest, it's a great drop especially the big run. I was also happy that the new characters weren't simply costumes and instead are alt characters. Overall enjoying the DLC. 

I heard an interview with the developer talking about his wish to make an SSX Tricky like sequel to this game, and Mt Eddy makes me hope it comes true. 

Fracture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By Fracture

If the dev wanted to make a tricky style sequel why didn't they just do that from the start instead of giving us this half eaten piece of cake?

Fracture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By Fracture

Looks like I had a free code for the DLC waiting for me in my e-mail thanks to a contest I won. After a few runs down from the top I have to say it's a mixed bag. It defenatly like the old tricky courses. The fireworks, all the pipes, a million ramps, and the obligatory cool down section in the middle full of trees. However all of it feels, weird with the current trick system compared to how those older games worked. Now you can still get massive trick scores on this run, but with the new trick model being all about just spamming tricks left and right to get your combo meter up the tree section feels way out of place as it's just not how that feels it should work. The long slopes down to a jump also feel off with you having to hop all over the place you can't really get enough speed to get the big trick unless you do a board press all the way down the hill with (for me anyhow) seems to lead to me doing the same trick over and over once I leave the jump because my finger was on the board press button.

This is also the run where i finally had to turn off the pilot. Having him in your ear saying more tricks more tricks like a withdrawing crackhead was really annoying. I don't know if it's because they weren't expecting to ever have a run this long and all that more tricks crap is placeholder dialogue but it's irritating to hear after a while so he's on mute from now on (he honestly added very little to the game anyhow).

The new way they are doing the Global Events is kind of dumb in my opinion. I like the idea of the quick high stakes runs but to then have the other 7 or so mountains be totally empty seems stupid. I liked to come on, go the few hills I liked, and get a few events done and get off. Also some of the entry fees for the high roller drops are a bit much. To make that part worse, all the feedback on the EA forums seems to be that the people there (uber players) want like 5 million cred drops. I really hope they don't listen to them.

Anyhow, the new mountain is fun, and will give the game a bit more life but they still seem to be making some weird decisions in some key spots as relates to this game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.