Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Franchise »

A post-apocalyptic FPS series set in the area surrounding the Chernobyl accident site. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. stands for Scavengers, Trespassers, Adventurers, Loners, Killers, Explorers, and Robbers.

STALKER: Call of Pripyat and STALKER 2 announced

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By atejas

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/46097/S-T-A-L-K-E-R-Call-of-Pripyat-Announced-Sequel-Touted-Too

The referral link is rather poorly translated, but word on the street is that it's a sequel, timeline-wise, and that there are only 5 maps, two of which are underground. These maps promise to be huge, however.

Also they seem to be going for SHOC's more desolate feel, and removed things like faction wars and military helicopter bosses (both present in Clear Sky) from the game.

They also seem to be giving an overhaul to the quest system, and promise much more exploration and non-linearity.

I saw some Gameplay(magazine) scans, I'll try to dig them up.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By Claude

I thought about getting Clear Sky, but haven't. I'm a big fan of SoC, we'll see, plus maybe some mods. I bought SoC late, maybe Clear Sky  will follow that same path. I will always keep an eye on the Stalker series now that I'm a fan, but a fan that bewares. 

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Jayge_

FUCK YEAH.

I can't fucking wait for this. By the time this comes out, I'll have a pretty good high-mid tier gaming PC that'll hopefully blow it away. Goddamn.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By pause422

Ah, if you could dig th em up atejas that would be appreciated, I dunno where I would find them. Big fan of STALKER, even though their first 2 games were both buggy and fucked..I loved the game lying under all of that. Just hopefully they would have learned something by now and the new games won't ship quite so broken.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.