Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Franchise »

A post-apocalyptic FPS series set in the area surrounding the Chernobyl accident site. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. stands for Scavengers, Trespassers, Adventurers, Loners, Killers, Explorers, and Robbers.

STALKER movie

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By atejas

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4947870279914964017&ei=L_mESYznGIrW2wKhq6HnCg&q=stalker
    From what I hear, it's a great movie, but incredibly slow. Someone just said it's like 'Watching 20 Blade Runners'.
    Anyway, just thought I'd put this out there.

bobpie24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By bobpie24

Yup its one of my favorite movies, tons of atmosphere. The book its based on is also really good.

Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Bulldog19892
    atejas said:
    "http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4947870279914964017&ei=L_mESYznGIrW2wKhq6HnCg&q=stalker
    From what I hear, it's a great movie, but incredibly slow. Someone just said it's like'Watching 20 Blade Runners'.
    Anyway, just thought I'd put this out there."
    Holy fuck! As much as I love Blade Runner, that sounds very undesirable.
    PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By PureRok

That movie must be horrible since Bladerunner is a horrible movie, as much as I like Harrison Ford.

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By atejas

I'm watching it right now, they've just entered The Zone.
    These subtitles really aren't translated that well.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Rowr

yeh i heard the translation wasnt so awesome.

Apex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Apex

Meh, I've never seen Bladerunner but Stalker was excellent. I enjoyed how they didn't have weapons and merely relied on bolts, whereas the game hardly used them at all. The story is great too, the whole time you question whether the guide is simply playing out some ridiculous dream or speaking the truth. I'd recommend it to anyone whether you've played the game or not as the game is only loosely based on the film/book.

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By atejas
    Apex said:
    "Meh, I've never seen Bladerunner but Stalker was excellent. I enjoyed how they didn't have weapons and merely relied on bolts, whereas the game hardly used them at all. The story is great too, the whole time you question whether the guide is simply playing out some ridiculous dream or speaking the truth. I'd recommend it to anyone whether you've played the game or not as the game is only loosely based on the film/book."
    I always thought the Stalker was just paranoid and maybe even a little insane, but I just saw that scene where The Writer sees the bird fly through the room twice over and then passes out(right after they exit the Meat Mincer) and it made me doubt that.
    Apex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Apex

I'd probably have agreed he was simply insane had I watched the film before playing the game, I think it skewed my outlook when watching the film. There are plenty of scenes that could be read in several ways especially the last scene in the kitchen.

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By atejas

I just finished watching it.
    I...really don't know who to side with(SPOILERS AHOY)

I mean, the stalker had something to believe in, but I can't help but feel he was perpetuating something horrible for some measure of self-respect. I mean, Porcupine killed himself, and he never knew what happened to those he led into The Zone. And he openly admitted that all he had left was in The Zone.
    The Writer seemed to misunderstand The Zone, and so did The Professor, but they seemed to have the best intentions for everyone in mind. Even if they didn't 'believe in anything',

Apex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Apex

More potential spoilers!

Maybe he is not only looking for self-respect but for answers, by bringing academics with him they might explain it all, so he can sleep at night. He may already feel guilty for bringing others in and is hopelessly trying to fix it by bringing even more in to the zone, remember he believes his daughter has been affected in some way. When he realises they don't believe him he knows they won't be able to help him. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.