Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Citizen

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Nov 11, 2021

A first-person space combat & flight simulation MMO inspired by the Wing Commander series of games.

Star Citizen PU Alpha 3.2

spacegg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By spacegg

Star Citizen PU Alpha 3.2 is now available.

This quarterly release (Q2) includes some pretty big changes like planetside mining, improved grouping system, Kiosk system and many more.

In my opinion Tier 0 (first iteration) of mining implementation is pretty good already and as design document says it will still get much more versatile. It is great to see they are working on to give different professions more depth. Unfortunately Prospector is the only way to do mining at the moment and the Kiosk system doesn't support buying ships yet (hopefully in Alpha 3.3 it will).

Alpha 3.3 will be the release of this year and be a massive improvement overall. The patch includes nothing I'm not looking forward. It is hard to pick features I'm waiting most but probably FPS AI, Salvaging and Object Container Streaming are one of the biggest ones. OCS will make it possible to grow the universe, populate moons and planets, etc.

Those who are interested to hear more about development of Star Citizen I recommend to watch the video below:

WillyOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All this looks cool, was just watching some 3.2 videos yesterday. Would have probably jumped in already (I'm not good with money) but I don't feel like having my progress reset, do you happen to know if any progress is saved after a wipe and how often are the wipes done?

This was maybe my favorite screenshot I saw yesterday, really like the metal looks on the ship.

No Caption Provided

Carlos1408

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Carlos1408

Gonna have to update my game, can't remember what version I was on last time I played.

Is there a new launcher, or should I be able to do it from the last one? I think I last played on Alpha 3.0.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder how long this game is gonna sit in this 3.2 state. I really hope this game succeeds but i feel like the writing is on the wall and public opinion turned immensely against this game. At a point where you even wanna watch videos of this game most off them are then just rant pieces about Chris Roberts.

spacegg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By spacegg

@soulcake said:

I wonder how long this game is gonna sit in this 3.2 state.

They moved to time based schedule (quarterly) which has worked pretty well so far. So three months in theory but they may push a release later if absolutely necessary. Alpha 3.1 and Alpha 3.2 were released in time.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/roadmap/board/1-Star-Citizen/info

@willyod said:

All this looks cool, was just watching some 3.2 videos yesterday. Would have probably jumped in already (I'm not good with money) but I don't feel like having my progress reset, do you happen to know if any progress is saved after a wipe and how often are the wipes done?

Live build is being resetted at least every quarterly releases but I guess nothing stops them doing it more often. Therefore I really can't recommend start to play it yet but just give a try or if you are interested testing, bug reporting or giving them feedback.

spacegg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By spacegg

Alpha 3.2.1 is now in PTU. I have been running it about 12 hours now and it has been very stable experience so far.

CIG pushes lots of information every week which can feel a bit overwhelming task to go through. I can recommend BoredGamer for those people who would like to follow the development but doesn't have interest or time to watch all videos, read web sites, etc. He is open for criticism and respects other's opinions so he is a great person to talk with.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.