Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Citizen

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Nov 11, 2021

A first-person space combat & flight simulation MMO inspired by the Wing Commander series of games.

Star Citizen PU Alpha 3.6

spacegg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

While Star Citizen Alpha 3.5 still gets QoL updates the main focus has already moved to Alpha 3.6 and later versions.

Some more information is available in Inside Star Citizen show.

I'm glad there's no new planets or moons integrated in upcoming release but they concenrate improving the current ones and required tech. Hopefully we will hear more about server side OCS soon which is not included in schedule yet.

spacegg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Version Alpha 3.5.1 is on its way but of course the main development has already moved to Alpha 3.6 and beyond.

They have still some bigger technical features to implement but it is good to see them working on QoL patches and improving playability. At times it can be quite frustrating to do testing because some nasty bugs and broken features.

Inside Star Citizen seems to be pretty solid show - better than Around the Verse was for a long time.

Any opinions about ISC?

Which are the most intereting features coming in Alpha 3.6?

Star Citizen Monthly Report: April 2019

Loading Video...
    soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do i still have to offer a goat to the fps gods inorder to make my GTX 1070 run this thing at a decent fps :D.

spacegg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By spacegg

@soulcake said:

Do i still have to offer a goat to the fps gods inorder to make my GTX 1070 run this thing at a decent fps :D.

Hmmh, depends what you consider as decent FPS :). There are still locations which requires more optimization but otherwise the game run around 20-30fps for me with GTX 750 Ti which is enough for testing.

Optimization tasks are listed in Core Tech sections in Roadmap

selbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soulcake: I have a GTX 1060 and it runs well for me. The key for good performance is to have a minimum of 16Gb RAM and installed on an SSD. Save the goat sacrifices for the server gods. They are especially cruel at the moment :P

spacegg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They talked about server side OCS etc. in Star Citizen Live: Subscriber Event Special yesterday.

Loading Video...

spacegg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By spacegg

CIG has done good work so far to improve their video series. As a backer and a person interested in software development, it is always interesting to hear developers talking about their projects.

"In the premiere of our new quarterly series, Chris Roberts is joined by Tony Zurovec, John Crewe, and Eric Kieron Davis for an in-depth discussion on the features coming in Alpha 3.6."

Loading Video...

spacegg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By spacegg
    spacegg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By spacegg
    Loading Video...

This week's ISC talks a bit about upcoming Alpha 3.6. It is not such a mega-patch as Q3 patch will be but it still includes some interesting changes. First iteration of Law-system is probably one of the biggest one but I'm pretty excited about features like 'free-look' and new VOIP/FOIP improvements as well.

Unfortunately current gameplay suffers a lot because of server performance so server-side OCS can't come soon enough - the biggest improvement this year.

spacegg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By spacegg
    Loading Video...

Hopefully PTU goes for wider amount of testers very soon.

spacegg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By spacegg

Alright, Alpha 3.6 PTU opened up for Wave 1 testers couple of days ago.

So far it has been much more stable for me than early Alpha 3.x PTU versions in general. Pretty good version for me but there's still lots of problems to fix before Live release.

Unfortunately a new release means that there will be no shows for a next three weeks.

The project makes steady progress and it is interesting to see what will be included in annual Q3 mega patch (Alpha 3.7). There should be some surprise feature included additionally listed in Roadmap already.

EDIT:

Star Citizen Monthly Report: June 2019

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.