Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Trek Online

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Feb 02, 2010

A sci-fi MMORPG developed by Cryptic Studios and Perpetual Entertainment which allows players to fight amongst the ranks of Starfleet, join the Klingon Empire, or rebuild a Romulan homeworld.

A little over a week later

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

Looks like the GB love for STO has petered out a bit. Nobody posting in the forum.  Or maybe it was the GB glitch in the forums that caused it.

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By EvilTwin

As someone who has spent quite a substantial amount of time playing MMOs, I imagine the Space Neon Lobsters talk to each other plenty in-game, and have little use for the forums as a mode of communication amongst themselves.  Nor do they see much point in talking about the game in general as they are too busy playing it.

Just my educated guess, though.

MAST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By MAST
    @EvilTwin said:
    " As someone who has spent quite a substantial amount of time playing MMOs, I imagine the Space Neon Lobsters talk to each other plenty in-game, and have little use for the forums as a mode of communication amongst themselves."
    This, plus they have Vent now. Why type up posts on the forum when you can just talk on Vent? I haven't been on STO a ton, I'm purposefully taking my time with it and playing casually, but I can definitely say that every time I log on there is a flood of conversation happening in fleet chat, and usually never less then 20 people online.

I'd say it's still going strong.
    Six

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Six

at about 4 this morning, when i logged off, there were only 2 of us on... but earlier there had been a bridge party and a sol station party.
    when i am on, there is almost always too much chat to read while i am actually fighting, so i have to scroll back and see if i missed anything big.

lockwoodx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By lockwoodx

Not much good to say about STO atm... and the conversations in game are great so I think that's where most of the players are communicating.

PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#6  Edited By PhatSeeJay

hehe we had some cross fleet partying aboard one of their bridges. Didn't realize you could fit 17 people in it. :P

Six

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Six

No Caption Provided
    yes, it happened.  saucers... were...  i can't say it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.