Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Trek Online

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Feb 02, 2010

A sci-fi MMORPG developed by Cryptic Studios and Perpetual Entertainment which allows players to fight amongst the ranks of Starfleet, join the Klingon Empire, or rebuild a Romulan homeworld.

Buying uniforms in game and cryptic points

lakeport_abe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By lakeport_abe

So I'm a little confused by this, when I go to the in game tailor am I accessing the Cryptic store? I have plenty of energy credits but it says I NEED to have Cryptic points. Am I unable to buy uniforms without Cryptic points? and did I miss hear on the Bombcast that Jeff said there is a way to earn Cryptic points in game?

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By BabyChooChoo

You can earn Cryptic points in game, but you have to trade some ore or something for it. I forget the name of it, but I think it was the pink ore in your currency tab thingy. You can trade x amount of ore for 1 CP usually. There's a tab or shop or something where you can trade, but I forget where. It's been a few weeks since I've last played and I only started playing when it went f2p.

Also, you only need cryptic points for premium uniforms which are listed right alongisde everything else for the purpose of showing people what they look like and/or letting them buy them right there if they have enough points.

B0nd07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By B0nd07

Most of the uniforms are premium, however all of the non-open Antares and Sierra tops, the TNG Movie (iirc) top, and most of the pants and boots options can be bought with only energy credits. There's a check box somewhere in the editor that turns off all the costume pieces that you don't own.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#4  Edited By fox01313

You get the dilithium ore from daily quests (ie. history of the Federation/Klingon faction from the academy, exploring the nebula/clusters, playing user created missions, missions from duty officers, ect.), most of these won't give you a ton but apart from the duty officer missions you can usually get 500-1000 dilithium ore out of it which lately has been trading for about 200 per 1 cryptic point but it varies. After the ore is refined (in assets tab on inventory) you can then pull down the more button (lower right corner near minimap) to get to the bridge/fleet/ect. but one of the items is a dilithium exchange. At the exchange you can trade dilithium for cryptic points, just put in the amount that's there to buy & how much, it's pretty instant after that. A bit more here, blog post on STO episode 5. If I'm online feel free to ask away. Good luck.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.