Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Trek Online

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Feb 02, 2010

A sci-fi MMORPG developed by Cryptic Studios and Perpetual Entertainment which allows players to fight amongst the ranks of Starfleet, join the Klingon Empire, or rebuild a Romulan homeworld.

Having problems

Avatar image for bam_d_leprechaun
    Bam_D_Leprechaun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Bam_D_Leprechaun

So the game is pretty much unplayable at the moment, before I could zone into places and missions no problem, now it drops connection EVERY TIME I zone, forcing my internet to restart.

I've looked up the problem on the STO forums to to avail, it''s pissing me of something awful. I really want to play, but this is ONLY happening with STO.

Any ideas?

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Venatio

Don't know, it works for me

But I do have a question myself, maybe a fellow ST:O player can help. How the hell do I get some refined dilithium? And can I get cryptic points without spending real money? And can I play user created content on a free account? Many questions here, maybe iI should start my own thread

Energy credits suck and that's all I get

Bam_D_Leprechaun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Bam_D_Leprechaun

you refine the dilithium in your assets tab of your inventory, you can trade a certain amount a day for C-points

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By TheHT

Maybe a problem with a firewall or ports?

mmzOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By mmzOne
    @Venatio said:

Don't know, it works for me

But I do have a question myself, maybe a fellow ST:O player can help. How the hell do I get some refined dilithium? And can I get cryptic points without spending real money? And can I play user created content on a free account? Many questions here, maybe iI should start my own thread

Energy credits suck and that's all I get

You get Dilithium by doing daily quests. Keep in mind that some (most?) dailies are unlocked by progressing in the storyline quest, so depending on your level you may not have as many.
    And yes you can play the player made missions as a silver player. If I understood correctly, if you want to make them you need to buy mission slots by using dilithium. 
    You can buy C-points in dilithium exchange using dilithium. 1 C-point is something like 250+ dilith.
    Bam_D_Leprechaun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Bam_D_Leprechaun

@TheHT: I have checked, everything looks fine.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By BabyChooChoo

This is really weird. If it was just a simple client crash then it might be an easy fix, but causing your entire internet connection to reset? That sounds really strange. I would definitely email Cryptic support and call your ISP because I would like to help, but based on what I know so farm if it's not your firewall or ports, there's some other piece of the puzzle missing that might be useful.

Bam_D_Leprechaun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Bam_D_Leprechaun

several threads on the STO site have similar problems, none of the admins seem to have answered the problem.

it's werid, a few days ago i could play the game, starting yesterday it pretty much became unplayable (i've uninstalled and reinstalled twice now too)

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By WinterSnowblind

The game sometimes has problems with busy areas. When all the F2P conversions launched the game would frequently stop loading and crash while trying to zone into Earth Spacedock or DS9.. if your whole connection is dying though, that's definitely an odd problem.

All I can suggest is to send a bug ticket and keep posting on the forums until the developers take notice.

hero_swe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By hero_swe

@Bam_D_Leprechaun said:

several threads on the STO site have similar problems, none of the admins seem to have answered the problem.

it's werid, a few days ago i could play the game, starting yesterday it pretty much became unplayable (i've uninstalled and reinstalled twice now too)

Your net socket might have been corrupted, that's usually the first thing to go netwise on your pc. Google on how to reset it, I forgot the command myself.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.