Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Trek Online

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Feb 02, 2010

A sci-fi MMORPG developed by Cryptic Studios and Perpetual Entertainment which allows players to fight amongst the ranks of Starfleet, join the Klingon Empire, or rebuild a Romulan homeworld.

I thought Mass Effect 2 would be a distraction BUT

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

I can't get a Collector's Edition for a reasonable price!  So it looks like I'm going to need STO more than ever to get my space fix on.  Looks like the Lifetime Subscription has paid off after all.  I can get ME 2 later when/if the heat drops in a month or so.  Damn EA. Damn them for making crap box covers for the basic game!!

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By CL60

Wow...passing on a great game because you don't like the box art...not gonna lie..that's pretty pathetic.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By xyzygy

Honestly Mass Effect 2 is, so far, the most immersive and fun game I've played this gen. The previous title holder to that was ME1. They have improved on everything, that the box art shouldn't matter. It's an amazing game. I can't stress this enough.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By ajamafalous
    @CL60 said:
    " Wow...passing on a great game because you don't like the box art...not gonna lie..that's pretty pathetic. "
    Why? If box art is an integral part of his decision of what makes a good game, then there's nothing wrong with that.

He has your preferences, you have yours. It's the same as the graphics vs. gameplay debate (which shouldn't even be called a debate, really). Some people value one thing more than another.
    Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Skytylz

I don't like the box art either... I picked it up right after school though!

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CL60
    @ajamafalous said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " Wow...passing on a great game because you don't like the box art...not gonna lie..that's pretty pathetic. "
    Why? If box art is an integral part of his decision of what makes a good game, then there's nothing wrong with that.  He has your preferences, you have yours. It's the same as the graphics vs. gameplay debate (which shouldn't even be called a debate, really). Some people value one thing more than another. "
    That doesn't make any sense..the box art has no impact on the game what so ever, while your other examples..gameplay and graphics...both do.
    JeevesPleez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JeevesPleez
    @Lind_L_Taylor said:
    "   I can't get a Collector's Edition for a reasonable price!  So it looks like I'm going to need STO more than ever to get my space fix on.  Looks like the Lifetime Subscription has paid off after all.  I can get ME 2 later when/if the heat drops in a month or so.  Damn EA. Damn them for making crap box covers for the basic game!! "
    I think his problem is not getting a good price on a "collector's edition" of a game which, in his opinion, seems little more than a second (crap) cover for the standard edition. Not the box art.
    ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By ajamafalous
    @CL60: It's still part of the package you purchase.
    jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jeffgoldblum
    @ajamafalous said:
    " @CL60 said:
    Why? If box art is an integral part of his decision of what makes a good game, then there's nothing wrong with that.  He has your preferences, you have yours. It's the same as the graphics vs. gameplay debate (which shouldn't even be called a debate, really). Some people value one thing more than another. "
    No. You are wrong. Judging a book by its cover is SO DUMB that it has become a common idiom. Not buying a game because of what the box art is dumb beyond words. 
    Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Ineedaname

Didn't you just say you bought the best buy edition?

You should hold off on creating threads on the first thing that pops into your head.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#11  Edited By breadfan

You got a lifetime subscription to Star Trek Online. Play that shit forever and make it worth the price.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By c1337us
    @CL60 said:
    That was my exact though. Everyone likes nice box art. But when it comes to the crunch who gives a crap.
    lockwoodx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By lockwoodx

STO is on the back burner for me now too. ME2 will be a nice fix while I patiently watch if cryptic gets their act together.

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
    @CL60 said:
    It's passing on the price of CE. I don't want to pay $99-$170 for CE on Amazon's third party market.  And yes, I wanted to buy it cuz I like the box art better & I guess it has some extra DLC that basic doesn't have.  If I can afford it, I think I would prefer to buy CEs, especially when the basic box art is so bland.

@ajamafalous said:
    " @CL60 said:
    Exactly.  Though I was more complaining about the price.  CE retail is $70 versus basic which is $60, so it's only $10 more...unless you're a Comic Book Guy price gouger hoarding & selling CEs on amazon.

I also have $300 of amazon credit so if I could bought CE for credit & not have to pay actual cash, but I only want to buy CE for its retail price.

@Skytylz said:
    " I don't like the box art either... I picked it up right after school though! "

Good for you.

@Fragstoff said:
    " STO!!!!!! "

YEAH!!!!

@JeevesPleez said:
    " @Lind_L_Taylor said:
    "   I can't get a Collector's Edition for a reasonable price!  So it looks like I'm going to need STO more than ever to get my space fix on.  Looks like the Lifetime Subscription has paid off after all.  I can get ME 2 later when/if the heat drops in a month or so.  Damn EA. Damn them for making crap box covers for the basic game!! "
    I think his problem is not getting a good price on a "collector's edition" of a game which, in his opinion, seems little more than a second (crap) cover for the standard edition. Not the box art. "
    Correct.

@Ineedaname said:
    " Didn't you just say you bought the best buy edition?  You should hold off on creating threads on the first thing that pops into your head. "

You're right. I forgot to update.  I broke down & paid real cash at Best Buy for the ME2 CE. I was worried that since CE is limited release, I may not find a new copy for cheap a couple months down the road. It really sucks though since I already paid heaps for STO's lifetime subscription.

@Br3adfan said:
    " You got a lifetime subscription to Star Trek Online. Play that shit forever and make it worth the price. "
    I definitely will.  Once I'm done with ME2, I'm pretty sure STO will keep me busy.  I'll probably be playing ME2 on weekends & STO during the week for the time being.

@c1337us said:
    " @CL60 said:
    That was my exact though. Everyone likes nice box art. But when it comes to the crunch who gives a crap. "
    I want the collector value version. Did you see how much ME 1's CE was going for?

@Buzzkill said:
    " STO is on the back burner for me now too. ME2 will be a nice fix while I patiently watch if cryptic gets their act together. "
    I'm still very excited about the STO release next week. My only bummer is that it doesn't have achievement system...can't show anyone what I've done with it.
    lockwoodx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By lockwoodx
    @Lind_L_Taylor:  MMORPGs do achievements the old fashion way. You get a tricked out battle cruiser that takes up half of somebodies screen and they damn well know you've achieved something.
    Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
    @Buzzkill said:
    " @Lind_L_Taylor:  MMORPGs do achievements the old fashion way. You get a tricked out battle cruiser that takes up half of somebodies screen and they damn well know you've achieved something. "
    LOL.  Yeah.  Well Champions Online has achievements in-game.  They also have it for the Steam version. Alas, I bought the boxed game before I had realized that the boxed game doesn't work with Steam achievements.  Just waiting on Steam to offer a sale on Champions Online so I can get the game that will give me achievements..one of these days.
    mano521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By mano521
    @CL60 said:
    this
    Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 28

#18  Edited By Legend
    @mano521 said:
    " @CL60 said:
    this "
    I don't think he said he'll pass out on the game. He just said he'll get it later which is perfectly fine since he has STO to keep him busy.
    demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#19  Edited By demonbear

Sounds like you like to find reasons not to buy ME2, but hey, your loss.

Matfei90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By Matfei90
    @CL60 said:
    Exactly this.  Not like having the CE boxart makes the game experience any better. You're gonna be looking at a screen, not your game collection while you're playing it.
    mano521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By mano521
    @Legend: yea thats true but it is still an extrememly petty reason to not get a great game
    citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#22  Edited By citizenkane

So you essentially are purposely missing out on a great game because you don't like the box art?  I should ban you from the site for this.

PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#23  Edited By PhatSeeJay

Good thing he already bought the Collector's Edition then, ol' chap? <.<

lockwoodx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By lockwoodx

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.