Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Trek Online

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Feb 02, 2010

A sci-fi MMORPG developed by Cryptic Studios and Perpetual Entertainment which allows players to fight amongst the ranks of Starfleet, join the Klingon Empire, or rebuild a Romulan homeworld.

Server is up. Pre-patch for Friday if you pre-ordered.

lockwoodx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lockwoodx

Do eeet nao!

zenith16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By zenith16

oh I pre ordered.  I still have to wait for  Eb games to get to me though. I'll see you there.  damn i have wait a week ugh.

Big_Fact_Hunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Big_Fact_Hunt
    @zenith16: They not send you a preorder code already? That and the beta client is all you need, not the retail version and code.
    zenith16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By zenith16

seeing I went with the game stop/ eb games(canada) version I think it's different.  seeing I didn't do the steam one.   if I'm not mistaken I'll  have to ask. I know  Jeff mentioned there's a difference when he mentioned the life time subcription.( which i'm not doing and it's too late any way)  and I ordered the CE from  Eb's /game stop.   plus i'm still waiting for my  prepaid credit card which I get next week  so I can pay up for this thing.   I do have the beta code from  eb's and I did play the beta though.  so i'm not sure how this works , unless I'm letting what jeff said   about buying from normal stores  throw me off.  

Big_Fact_Hunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Big_Fact_Hunt
    @zenith16: If your beta code was from your preorder purchase and not one of the freebie codes given out on various sites, then that should be your preorder code that'll give you access to the head start. All preorders, digital and hard copies, get access to it afaik. Can't hurt to try I guess. It's certainly nothing to do with the subscriptions.
    zenith16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By zenith16

ok I'll try it then hopefully it works. 

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

I got my preorder code about 48 hours after preorder from Amazon.  Once you enter into the website, when you select the lifetime membership advertisement, a whole new window comes up where you can pay for it (or the other yearly special).  

So the STO is playable right now even without the game being released yet?  I don't think I'll get my copy of the game til next Monday or Tuesday.

Impossibilium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Impossibilium
    @Lind_L_Taylor said:
    " So the STO is playable right now even without the game being released yet?  I don't think I'll get my copy of the game til next Monday or Tuesday. "

Yep. The retail disc is fairly useless now if you want to play it. Just download the client from STO.com and when you run the launcher, just log in and you're away. 

You'll have to wait for the retail packge to arrive before you can activate your pre-order bonus however.
    Six

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Six

im still waiting for my preorder to get here.  supposed to be delivered in tomorrow's mail.  I was beginning to worry, as the estimated delivery schedule ranged from Jan 28 - Feb 12.  It would be a terrible waste of a preorder if it got here after Feb first... since I need my code to get subscription promo and early access, even though subscription rate is more important to me at this point.

i was afraid I was going to have to go and preorder it in person at one of the local stores or buy a digital download from somewhere like steam.

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
    @Impossibilium said:
    " @Lind_L_Taylor said:
    " So the STO is playable right now even without the game being released yet?  I don't think I'll get my copy of the game til next Monday or Tuesday. "
     Yep. The retail disc is fairly useless now if you want to play it. Just download the client from STO.com and when you run the launcher, just log in and you're away.   You'll have to wait for the retail packge to arrive before you can activate your pre-order bonus however. "
    I'll see your Impossibilium and raise you 10 Unobtainiums.

Make it so.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.