Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Trek Online

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Feb 02, 2010

A sci-fi MMORPG developed by Cryptic Studios and Perpetual Entertainment which allows players to fight amongst the ranks of Starfleet, join the Klingon Empire, or rebuild a Romulan homeworld.

Star Trek Online Newbie

Nixon34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Is anyone interested in playing some Star Trek Online? I just started playing yesterday and seems like the game is better when you have people in a party. I am hoping to find some people who are also just starting. Let me know. I signed up for Federation.

Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

Hows it going so far? :)

Nixon34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brackynews: I just got to level 10 and got a new ship. I got a random spam request to join a fleet and did that. Not really getting anything out of it so i might just drop it. I was thinking about starting a Klingon or Romulan Account as well to see the other side. I am finding the game fun but doing it solo (or at least without much direction), i am just sort of doing the missions and trying to figure out how things work.

indieslaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yeah sure, I've been screwing around with it. I went to New Vulcan, it was dusty. How do we add friends in that game, I haven't even looked at chat...

Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@videorob: Right-click menu is your friend. :) The social menu is the icon with 3 portraits, and the friends tab should be able to send invites too. Be aware that you will always see whenever your friends switch characters and log in/out. Tweaking those notifications is hit or miss.

Also the chat tabs are surprisingly powerful to tweak. I suggest adding [Team] to Fleet, and set it up however seems most convenient. When you show/hide a channel it will automatically show/hide the existing log within the tab, so there's no guessing if you got the right one. :)

@nixon34: Well, take your time, and come on over to the Lobsters when you're ready. We have a good round-the-clock presence now in fleet chat. Teaming up for storyline missions can actually be a lot of fun.

Nixon34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Nixon34

@brackynews: I have actually never played an MMO ever so i am finding that the learning curve is pretty steep and very little information seems to be presented in game. Learning that the internet is my friend for trying to figure out how to spec. I actually threw my name out there to join your fleet since it looks like i can be in multiple fleets (not that i am planning on staying in the current one). I am getting used to having to do all the traveling but am finding that this is a good time to spec out my ship and crew. I also got a bunch of Tier X weapons and shields from a group battle i was in right after i started and am realizing that it is going to be a long time till i can use them. I threw them in the bank on memory alpha, do you think i should just sell them?

Toby@nixon341.

mr_creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nixon34 said:

I actually threw my name out there to join your fleet since it looks like i can be in multiple fleets...

Can someone confirm this? I've got a friend in another fleet and it'd be cool to be part of both.

Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Brackynews

@nixon34: One of the nice things about STO since it converted into Free To Play, is that all storyline missions have a Transwarp button. You actually don't need to travel very long to get anywhere. If you want to go to DS9, replay a mission that begins at DS9, warp, then exit the mission. :) But yes any good MMO lets you multitask while travelling on autopilot.

You can save your Tier X weapons. If they are Blue or Purple they might be worth something on the Exchange, but they will definitely be better than what comes equipped on your free Admiral ship. Also just to be clear, your bank is your bank, you don't need to visit Memory Alpha for anything except the ability to craft.

@mr_creeper: One toon, one fleet. You can change anytime you want of course. No cooldown. And you keep all your accumulated fleet credits.

mr_creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr_creeper: One toon, one fleet. You can change anytime you want of course. No cooldown. And you keep all your accumulated fleet credits.

Thanks for the heads-up, duder.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.