Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Trek Online

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Feb 02, 2010

A sci-fi MMORPG developed by Cryptic Studios and Perpetual Entertainment which allows players to fight amongst the ranks of Starfleet, join the Klingon Empire, or rebuild a Romulan homeworld.

System Requirements

Avatar image for ssjdragonslayer
    ssjdragonslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ssjdragonslayer

Im not to good with when it comes to knowing all to know about PC gaming, and was wondering if i could get a little help seeing if i can run STO on my laptop. Its a  Dell Inspiron with 

• Intel Pentium Dual Core Processor 2.16GHz, 1MB cache, 800MHz
    • 4GB memory
    • 320GB hard drive
    • Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD

Just got it last month and not sure if i can play STO on it or not. Any help will be appreciated.

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

Hard to say. I got 2 PCs, one I recently upgraded with a better sound card, mobo, ram, & cpu.  The other was upgraded back in 2008. So far, the old PC makes STO look grainy & some of the interesting effects are missing completely (like the tactical officer's 3-way photon torpedos).  On the other PC, it looks incredible. I guess I'm going to need to upgrade the video card on this second PC.

Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Driadon

Nope. Your graphics "card" (it's more just a chip in this case) is designed for media applications at best. If it can run almost anything involving 3D, colour me surprised.

VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By VisariLoyalist

um... integrated graphics are likely to cause problems. I would say that while you can technically run the game it would look so crappy on low settings and still probably be glitchy and slow that I would upgrade.

Might I suggest a desktop this time, I doubt you'll be playing STO in a starbucks anytime soon.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.