Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Trek

Franchise »

The popularity of the Star Trek television and film franchise has led to numerous games. The quality of the games have usually left a lot to be desired despite a large mod scene and community of loyal fans.

To ALL Star Trek fans: Your Favorite Series?

lemon360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By lemon360
    Megalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Megalon

TNG, hands down. I still watch it at least a few times per week.  

Make it so.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By RHCPfan24

I am not a big fan per se but I respect and enjoy The Original Series the most. Next Generation gets more airtime from where I live so that is probably what i watch more nowadays.

gimmysumcowbel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By gimmysumcowbel

i used to watch the next generation a lot when i was a little kid and i really enjoyed it.  but the new movie is whats up

cdfishman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By cdfishman

original good. 
     TNG better. 
    DSN a bit dull 
    Voyager meh. 
    enterprise never watched.

Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Cerza

Deep Space Nine for me, though The Next Generation is a very close second.

skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By skrutop

I'm watching Season 1 of TNG now, and I forgot how much I loved that show growing up.  It's definitely my favorite.   

Deep Space Nine was a bit dull, and towards the end it just went off a cliff.  Besides TNG, though, I think that it had the best characters.

Voyager was in re-runs recently, so I saw basically the entire show.  I found it to be pretty fun to watch, overall, as they were able to change up enemies and scenery every season, since they're traveling through new, unexplored areas of space.  However, like DS9, the ending wasn't very good.  

Enterprise gets knocked pretty heavily (and for good reason, as most of it was garbage), but season 3 was absolutely amazing.  It had a compelling overall story arc that was subdivided into interesting 2-3 episode miniarcs.  Too bad that season 4, and the final episode in particular, totally crapped all over that good work.

hamlaser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By hamlaser

tng. best episode ever: 

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Willy105

The only good one.

Voyager.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By WinterSnowblind

I thought Deep Space Nine was a good deal less pretentious than the Next Generation, although it did really go down hill towards the end.
    The Next Generation is easily my second favourite though, followed by the Original series.

Voyager was god awful.  The characters were terrible, it relied heavily on plot elements that were popular from the other shows, like the Borg, time travel and the holodeck, but pretty much all of its attempts to do them failed badly.

Enterprise killed Star Trek, I don't think anymore needs to be said there.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Deep Space Nine. I really loved the darker side to the universe explored with the war. It was really cool.

lemon360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By lemon360
    @WinterSnowblind said:
    " I thought Deep Space Nine was a good deal less pretentious than the Next Generation, although it did really go down hill towards the end.
    The Next Generation is easily my second favourite though, followed by the Original series.

Voyager was god awful.  The characters were terrible, it relied heavily on plot elements that were popular from the other shows, like the Borg, time travel and the holodeck, but pretty much all of its attempts to do them failed badly.  Enterprise killed Star Trek, I don't think anymore needs to be said there. "
    star trek wasnt killed. the new movie was a success.
    Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By WinterSnowblind
    @lemon360 said:
    " @WinterSnowblind said:
    " I thought Deep Space Nine was a good deal less pretentious than the Next Generation, although it did really go down hill towards the end.

Voyager was god awful.  The characters were terrible, it relied heavily on plot elements that were popular from the other shows, like the Borg, time travel and the holodeck, but pretty much all of its attempts to do them failed badly.  Enterprise killed Star Trek, I don't think anymore needs to be said there. "
    star trek wasnt killed. the new movie was a success. "
    The movie was awesome, but was basically a complete reboot of the entire franchise.  If it had been a failure, we wouldn't be seeing anymore Star Trek for a very long time because of what Enterprise did.
    Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By Fallen189

I'm actively watching TNG at the moment, just got up to season 3. It's far too good.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By mike

TNG is the best thing ever, the rest are junk.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ryanwho

I watched Voyager the whole way through, just because I happened to be interested in scifi when the show started. I don't like coming in late, and this was pre "you can find everything streaming on the internet". All I remember is 7 of 9 was hot, and near the end they opened a dimensional rift that led to an invasion of aliens that actually looked like aliens and not dudes with shit glued to their face. Also I remember the doctor reminded me of Snarf from the Thundercats. 
    So uh yeah. I'd take Farscape over any Star Trek show. They had some crazy looking puppets.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By JoelTGM

TNG.  I could not stop watching it all the way to the end.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#18  Edited By rjayb89

I would like to watch Star Trek after all those references made by the crew here.

hero_swe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By hero_swe

Enterprise, could have gone on longer if it wasn't for 1. the writers that hated star trek that worked on enterprise. 2. the anal nerds that watched it and ruined it by telling others not to watch it. 

So yeah. Enterprise was better then all the other silly crap.
    Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By Nasar7

TOS.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ryanwho
    @Hero_Swe said:
    " Enterprise, could have gone on longer if it wasn't for 1. the writers that hated star trek that worked on enterprise. 2. the anal nerds that watched it and ruined it by telling others not to watch it.  So yeah. Enterprise was better then all the other silly crap. "
    Enterprise is a lot like Caprica. A sad attempt at "scifi for people who don't like scifi". Scept okay, will people who do like scifi dig it? You know, the people who care at all about a show called Enterprise? No? Its just a mid day soap opera in space? No thanks.
    doctorpayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By doctorpayne

DS9 (my mind is boggled that this is somehow behind Voyager in the poll).

TNG a close second.

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#23  Edited By Jedted

I grew up with TNG but i like the craziness of DS9. 

Enterprise was different, while the writting wasn't great i liked the characters they had.  Oh and Joleene Blalock is HAWT! 
    NoDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By NoDeath

DS9 with TNG being a very close second. Voyager is, overall kinda mediocre (with the exception of the doctor), I've never actually watched much of TOS and I scrubbed most of Enterprise from my memory.

CharleyTony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 7

#25  Edited By CharleyTony
    @Jedted said:

"I grew up with TNG but i like the craziness of DS9.  Enterprise was different, while the writting wasn't great i liked the characters they had.  Oh and Joleene Blalock is HAWT!  "

TNG all the way ... 
    I think TOS will get a bum rap here because of the average age of GiantBomb users ... 

I kinda have a hard time choosing my favorite between DS9, Voyager and Enterprise. They are all pretty different. I liked them all, but when DS9 was on the air, I stopped watching it because it was too drama-ish. 
    When I completed the series with the DVDs (after Enterprise ended), I was surprised how much it took off with the Dominion War. 

I just want to end by saying that Enterprise was pretty good when you think about it. Every series in the Star Trek Universe has had high and low points, people just remember this one differently... 
    When you think about all the good staff that left the shows and the new guys that came in, they did okay, it wasn't the same but that is normal... 
    I think that if they kept the same writers / producers from TNG ->DS9 ->VOY -> ENT ... the shows would have become stale because of repetition. If you listened to the commentaries on the Enterprise DVDs you would learn that they tried to mix it up and had a lot of trouble keeping the show fresh and on the air...  
    Enterprise was almost some kind of fan service, with all those nods to Star Trek Techno stuff that other shows took for granted. I loved it when these guys didn't want to use a transporter !!! 

I think the ratings crashed mostly because those last couple of Star Trek years were on UPN instead of a major network... 
    TNG had the best running when you think about ratings... Even TOS did get good ones before syndication.

delta_ass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 7

#26  Edited By delta_ass

TNG, once you got to season three.

Adamantium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Adamantium

TNG, natch. But this shit was hilarious!:

@hamlaser said:

" tng. best episode ever: 

"
    Gowron's face there cracked me up.
    CountRockula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28  Edited By CountRockula

I think maybe TOS was just before my time.  I've watched episodes here and there, and it's all just way too low-rent for me.  I think TNG is probably my favorite, but I have a lot of love for DS9 as well.   Voyager was trash.  Also...

@ryanwho

said:

I'd take Farscape over any Star Trek show.

YES!
    yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By yakov456

TNG is outstanding. After it ended I tried to get into DS9, but it didn't hook me in the same way. Voyager I stuck with for about a half a season and jumped ship, no pun intended.

fynne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By fynne

Maybe it's because I grew up with Classic Trek, but that's my favorite.  After that I'd have to say DS9.  It was refreshing to find that the Federation wasn't all perfect and squeaky clean.  The Next Generation was way too cerebral and soap opera like for me.

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#31  Edited By CenturionCajun

I personally don't think that any Star Trek series was "bad." They all have their high and low moments. Just some have more lows than highs. Personally I acknowledge that The Original Series and The Next Generation are probably the truest to the Star Trek feel with Voyager and Enterprise being quite different. However, my heart is with Deep Space Nine. I loved the setting, characters, and the adherence to a generally continuous plot throughout the entire series instead of the encounter of the week. War and religion were handled in a way never really seen in Star Trek before that showed that not every part of the galaxy was a peaceful utopia.

Zenszulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#32  Edited By Zenszulu

From TNG right through to the end of Voyager including DS9 for 14 years it had a continuing story and universe, cant say I have a single favourite series but those three were amazing as they intertwined with each other at times. With Enterprise I think they just dropped the ball near the end and it could have been so much better and could have ran for 7 years like the rest.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.