Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars 1313

Game » consists of 0 releases.

Players would have taken the role of a bounty hunter in this gritty third-person shooter set in the Star Wars universe. After the shuttering of LucasArts, the game has been canceled.

Clone Wars cancelled.. Star Wars 1313 toast too?

Whiskeyjack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Whiskeyjack

'Star Wars' TV massacre! Lucasfilm cancels 'Clone Wars,' indefinitely postpones 'Detours'

Although these announcements only refer to Lucasfilm animation projects, the news doesn’t bode well for fans who were excited about the live-action crime-themed TV show Star Wars: Underworld or the bleak-looking videogame Star Wars 1313. It feels like Lucasfilm is closing the book on all those projects, and on the whole post-2005 era of long-rumored, intriguing-sounding spin-offs. Goodbye, Deadwood in Space.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

From what I've heard, Clone Wars has gotten to be the best thing to come out of the prequel trilogy. Bummer.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'm looking forward to the minimum 5 confirmed new Star Wars movies Disney has planned for us. They want to start relatively fresh, I get it.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By mrfluke

wow they actually canceled clone wars? that show apparently got really good, i imagine cartoon network is toast now.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Fuck that. Give me 1313! Criminal underworld Star Wars is long overdue.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

I guess Star Wars 1313 can't be turned into a ride?!

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I said this before, 1313 doesn't fit with Disney. I would be surprised if it would come out.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I fail to see the connection.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By xyzygy

@winternet said:

This. 1313 still looks like it could be a huge thing for Disney. I don't know why they would cancel it, develop would be at LEAST a year in and why waste all that time? I imagine the game is more than halfway done now.

I can see why they would cancel TCW, because it was a series based off of Star Wars under previous ownership.

FFFFFFF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The last rumor I remember reading about 1313 was that it was indefinitely postponed.

I guess all we can do is wait and see if it shows up at E3 or not.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

@theht said:

From what I've heard, Clone Wars has gotten to be the best thing to come out of the prequel trilogy. Bummer.

It really was surprisingly well done! I watched through the first two seasons (which was so I could some frame of reference for what was happening in Lego Star Wars III...), and it's undoubtedly some of the best Star Wars storytelling in a while. The episodes that would focus purely on individual clone troopers were some of the best.

altairre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrfluke said:

wow they actually canceled clone wars? that show apparently got really good, i imagine cartoon network is toast now.

It was indeed a really awesome show and the best thing that's come out of Star Wars since for ever. Funnily enough there is acutally a fairly recent episode that plays on 1313. I still hope that they release this game somehow.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@xyzygy said:

@winternet said:

This. 1313 still looks like it could be a huge thing for Disney. I don't know why they would cancel it, develop would be at LEAST a year in and why waste all that time? I imagine the game is more than halfway done now.

I can see why they would cancel TCW, because it was a series based off of Star Wars under previous ownership.

It's apparently not being developed right now so hey that's probably a bad sign.

I do think it's a no brainier so I don't get it. Look at how that kind of TPS game can sell, add Star Wars? A criminal Star Wars at that? Seems like a no brainier.

Force Unleashed sold 7 million damn copies.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's a shame. As someone who doesn't care much about Star Wars, I enjoyed the Clone Wars I watched.

Jazzycola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

There's a huge difference between a game being developed in house and a tv show that is being broadcast on a rival network. I think once disney bought Star Wars, everyone knew this season of Clone wars would be the last.

That said, Disney seems to be trying to get out of the big budget video game business, so really no surprise that they would cancel the game. Not to mention the The Old Republic disaster.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

Disney did the same thing to the Super Hero Squad show and games and to the Spectacular Spider-man show after buying Marvel. Disney has a habit of rebooting everything and making it their own after they buy something. I wouldn't be surprised (just bummed) if 1313 never gets released.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#17  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

The Disney executives seem to have a clear vision of what they want for the future of the Star Wars brand, and I suspect that axing 1313 and Clone Wars may have been done to try to align things with their vision of the future and help bring some consistency to that brand.

Don't worry though, I'm sure there will be more than enough licensed games, shows, and merchandise arriving alongside the new films.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

If 1313 gets cancelled than that would be some of the most disappointing news this year. That E3 footage looked incredible and Disney better not cancel this project!

As for the Clone Wars series, that stinks that it was cancelled. I watched one episode of it one time when flipping through channels and enjoyed it.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@mrfluke said:

uh... why would it be? Adventure time is popular enough to have comic books so I hardly doubt they're hurting that badly.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By mrfluke

@animasta said:

@mrfluke said:

uh... why would it be? Adventure time is popular enough to have comic books so I hardly doubt they're hurting that badly.

you're right, i forgot that they still have adventure time and that is huge for them (last thing i paid attention to cartoon network was the toonami reboot they did last year),

but like they canceled that thundercats reboot they were doing , they are canceling young justice, some green lantern show that they were apparently running and then this clone wars show, id have to imagine they need at least 2 more adventure time level shows to stay properly afloat,

that or give the new toonami/adultswim an actual budget to get a better schedule of shows or get the licenses to bring back some classics.

FunkasaurasRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm still all about Genndy Clone Wars.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#22  Edited By TheHT

I'm still all about Genndy Clone Wars.

I can say, without having watched the 3D Clone Wars mind you, that Genndy's Clone Wars is my favourite Star Wars thing to come out of the prequels.

Grievous was genuinely menacing in it, and it only made Windu that much more bad ass when he was with all 4 sabers out right off the bat (only to still getting fucking wrecked by Windu). God, I'm gonna go watch that again.

endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xyzygy said:

@winternet said:

Disney looks to be dumping everything that doesn't tie into the new movies. This includes a spoof by the Robot Chicken crew. My guess is 1313 is dead.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Getting rid of everything Lucas did and/or was involved in?

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
    connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By connerthekewlkid

@artisanbreads said:

@xyzygy said:

@winternet said:

It's apparently not being developed right now so hey that's probably a bad sign.

I do think it's a no brainier so I don't get it. Look at how that kind of TPS game can sell, add Star Wars? A criminal Star Wars at that? Seems like a no brainier.

Force Unleashed sold 7 million damn copies.

the way they tied in was that when they showed off the first trailer for season 5 they talked all about how they're going to 1313 in an episode to tie in with the game.

And i guess therye gonna do a tv movie or something with order 66 to cap off the show http://starwars.com/news/a-new-direction-for-lucasfilm-animation.html

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
    connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its also a pretty big bummer that they brought back darth maul and now well probably never know what happens to him

endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
    rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By rollingzeppelin

meh, haven't cared about Star Wars since KOTOR 2.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

Haven't really been following Clone Wars as of late, but it was a really great show when I actually caught it on the television. Really sad to see it go, and I was kind of looking forward to 1313, but I'll wait for a more official confirmation on that one.

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#30  Edited By falconer

I think this says more about Cartoon Network than anything else. They've also canceled Young Justice and Green Lantern: TAS. They finally find some good shows again, and immediately cancel them. (To be fair, Clone Wars has been around for a while, but you get my point.)

The cycle must continue.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#31  Edited By cornbredx

Personally, this does not bum me out. Clone Wars was garbage (my opinion, relax, it's not fact).

Although that is kind of a shame about Star Wars 1313 (potentially). Seemed like they are on track to something interesting with that. I suspect though they need to retool. I mean, it's not like Lucasarts is making money at the moment. It might be more beneficial. Maybe they can come back to it. I don't know how far into development they even are.

Would be awesome, though, if it does end up making it out of the gate and is the most amazing game they've released in over a decade.

endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By endaround

@falconer said:

I think this says more about Cartoon Network than anything else. They've also canceled Young Justice and Green Lantern: TAS. They finally find some good shows again, and immediately cancel them. (To be fair, Clone Wars has been around for a while, but you get my point.)

The cycle must continue.

Nope this is Disney/Lucas pulling the plug. Those others were pulled because they weren't moving toys. WB doesn't care about toy sales for Star Wars properties.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm still not sure why everyone is excited about 1313. It looked like a pretty generic 3rd person shooter albeit shiny.

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

Don't mind admitting that I was a fan of Clone Wars, for what it was worth. Far from perfect but still pretty much the only positive thing to come out of the prequel crap and the last few seasons have made for enjoyable viewing. That said, I'm not shocked. I do think people are going to be a little shocked by Disney's handling of Star Wars, not as rose tinted as some think.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#36  Edited By WinterSnowblind

I think it's worth mentioning that they originally said that the Clone Wars would run for 5 seasons. Continuing a series based on a war that supposedly only lasted for 2 years would have started to get pretty silly. It was a genuinely good show, but it needed to end.

And if Disney want to bring some consistency to the franchise, I'm all for it. Star Wars products range from being super "dark and gritty" to having weird, comedy dance numbers in videogames. It's a mess and arguably one of the worst franchises in existence, despite the things about it that are good.

With all the prequel and EU crap everywhere, I'm really not surprised Disney wants people to forget about everything for a while. Leave everything Star Wars alone for a while and only bring it back when they're ready to release Episode VII, making a clear divide between old Star Wars and this new Star Wars.

OfficeGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.