Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars Battlefront II

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Nov 17, 2017

EA's second Star Wars Battlefront features cross-era characters and locations from the original, prequel and sequel Star Wars movie trilogies. It also includes multiplayer character classes and a story-driven single-player campaign.

Campaign seems interesting...

darkjohnny47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

People are starting to stream the game now that the deluxe edition is out in Australia and other parts of the world.

The campaign seems interesting in a good way.

The levels seem to be a mixture of flight and ground combat. With a few one-off missions thrown in.

There is a milestone system that seems to unlock multiplayer stuff and a few other things.

The actual story seems cool and very action movie-like with some super obvious plot twists. I mean, very obvious if you look at the main character at all.

There is a helper Droid on your back at all time that helps in combat.

So far, what I've seen definitely makes me more interested in the campaign. I was expecting it to be a little better than the single player stuff from the last game and this seems way better.

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By conmulligan

I played through the first two missions thanks to EA Access and wasn't overly impressed to be honest. It plays fine and looks great, but apart from the license there's really nothing unique about it. Take that away and you may as well be playing Battlefield Hardline, which felt very similar from a structural standpoint.

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Sure, I'll rent it for the weekend and play through the campaign. At the very least the dogfighting missions look fun.

OMGFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The space missions look more annoying than fun, but that's just from watching Jeff play it. Instantly dying and forcing a restart every time you hit an obstacle.

darkjohnny47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Wait, when did Jeff play it? Beta?

Nardak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Nardak

I also played the campaign a bit during the trial access (only 3 first chapters are playable on trial). On heroic difficulty it took me about 53 mins to play trough those chapters. People are saying that the campaign takes on average about 5 hours on normal difficulty. Most of that 53 mins I spent on the space battle portions of those first 3 chapters. Which can be an exercise in frustration with the one hit deaths (crashing into something) or just failing to protect something on time (those lovely timed portions of missions).

While i enjoyed what I played I do think that the singleplayer portion is way too short to justify the price of the game. So if you arent into the multiplayer portion of the game I would suggest waiting for a sale.

The multiplayer while enjoyable is so geared towards people using real cash to speed up their progress that it isnt even funny. People with purple ranked ability cards get an advantage over other players when it comes to cooldowns, to damage done with each weapon and so on. While player skill hasnt ever been a vital element of battlefront experience this lootbox stuff makes any other lootbox game seem tame in comparison.

osuzoo08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By osuzoo08

I just finished the story and the last mission make you go did I just play as Rey's mom this whole time ?

shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's not true.

That's impossible.

TheChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By TheChris

Here’s the funny thing. The campaign in Battlefront 2 by Pandemic, if you can call it a ‘campaign’, was basically just you playing as a Clone Trooper through the most important battles in the Star Wars saga. Couple that together with some haunting narration of Temeura Morrison, and you got a campaign that already beats EA’s cheesy nonsense in their game. Battlefront doesn’t need cutscenes and dialogue I feel to make a good campaign.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=2s&v=iWOq1Tg-Jdw

WheresDerrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you die in the campaign, do you have to restart? Do you have more health and abilities than a multiplayer match?

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

Tom_omb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#12  Edited By Tom_omb

I enjoyed the single player. I thought Iden's arc made sense, even if it was thinned out by fan service. I also enjoyed the fan service. I wanted a Star Wars playground from this game and that's what I got.

I thought Shriv was a lot of fun. Like the Alex Navarro of the Rebel Alliance.

@wheresderrick It's checkpointed like any modern game. You have droid abilities that I'm not sure if Iden can use in multiplayer or not. Haven't unlocked her as a hero yet. Other abilities seem in line with what you can see in multiplayer. You feel pretty powerful in the game, one person taking out legions, not unlike any other shooter. I died a few times, but it doesn't feel like a multiplayer match it feels like a single player game.

broqz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@osuzoo08: I just beat the game this morning and I got the same impression. Seems kinda strange if true.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.