Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Nov 15, 2019

An action-adventure game in the Star Wars series from the studio behind the Titanfall series, following a Jedi Padawan who turns fugitive after escaping the Jedi Purge.

Did Jedi Fallen Order quench the 1313 thirst?

Avatar image for sometingbanuble
    sometingbanuble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 3

JFO is a solid Star Wars game. I don't remember the promise of 1313 but i like what i'm playing in JFO. It's basically Uncharted. 1313? Who dat?

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

As I recall the idea of 1313 was bounty hunter shit in the grimy parts of Star Wars which is still more intriguing than what we got with Fallen Order.

sometingbanuble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@efesell: bounty might the first synonym for fetch in a thesaurus

TheRealTurk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not really. I thought Fallen Order was in the category of "Pretty flawed but good enough to get a sequel." On the other hand, 1313 looked dope as hell, and the idea of playing a Star Wars game that didn't involve Jedi is frankly 10,000% more interesting than anything the series has done recently.

In all honesty, Squadrons came closer to scratching the Star Wars itch, since it was a pretty good attempt at modernizing the old X-Wing/TIE Fighter gameplay for consoles. I'd love to see a version of that game that dispensed with all the multiplayer crap and just focused on a big meaty campaign.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Nah. It's more of a better follow-up to Force Unleashed, that sorta character-action thing with some traversal stuff thrown in.

1313 I figure would've been more of an Uncharted-style romp through the Coruscant underbelly. Focused story-driven action shooter with set-pieces and the like. Fallen Order isn't like Uncharted besides, y'know, you ledge-hang sometimes. But even then, it's got more in common with the 2000s Prince of Persia games than Uncharted.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theht:The prologue of Fallen Order actually is a lot like Uncharted and is absolutely incredible. Then you get to your first actual planet and it's...fine. Good, even. It's a mix of a lot of different games including Force Unleashed and the Souls games, but it has a ton of backtracking and it's so easy to get lost in the ice caves that the pacing isn't great. It's also not very story focused (though it does have a decent enough story) so it's not Uncharted-like in that way.

If the whole game had been like the prologue though...that's a game I would have absolutely loved.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I could fast travel I would have been totally fine with Fallen Order.

Avatar image for bladeofcreation
    BladeOfCreation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

The promise of 1313 was a cool romp through the criminal non-Force-using underworld using a bunch of cool weapons and gadgets.

Jedi: Fallen Order was a planet-hopping MacGuffin hunt about a type of character we've seen countless times in Star Wars media over the years. It was also, surprisingly, a game I really enjoyed by the end of it!

So no, the 1313 thirst wasn't really quenched. We still got a good Star Wars game.

sometingbanuble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@efesell: I was on board with fast travel but i started to wonder if i would have missed alot of the environments. I also would have felt like there wasn't much there if i wasn't forced to backtrack. I liken it to traveling crosscountry. You could fly, you could take the highway, or you could drive everything but highway. By taking side roads you see more of the flavor of the terrain and might find yourself stopping at what you choose are landmarks instead of just the signs suggest on the highway. I think the placement of upgrades and collectibles only makes sense if you backtrack. Otherwise it's grinding based or progress bar filling. Plus once you realize that a missed jump or an illuminated item posing an obstacle you register it as something to come back to. I think the notifying you of further upgrades is terrible. But i guess they didn't want to go the Link with amnesia route. So not knowing what's coming works too.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sometingbanuble: The other issue is that the reward for my somewhat arduous backtracking that I couldn’t fast travel to was probably another dirty poncho.

wollywoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By wollywoo

@therealturk said:

In all honesty, Squadrons came closer to scratching the Star Wars itch, since it was a pretty good attempt at modernizing the old X-Wing/TIE Fighter gameplay for consoles. I'd love to see a version of that game that dispensed with all the multiplayer crap and just focused on a big meaty campaign.

YES! Squadrons seems cool but I don't have much interest in the multiplayer. I'd love to see what they could do in a Rogue Squadron- or X-Wing/Tie-Fighter-like campaign with 2021 tech.

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jedi Fallen Order was its own thing and probably better for it.

I don't believe people actually want Star Wars Uncharted despite asking for it, if 1313 released it would have been slated for being an unoriginal clone.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thepanzini: Fallen Order is just a clone of a different thing though. If we accepted a Dark Soulsy metroidvania we would have done just fine with an Uncharted.

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@efesell: Somewhat true but JFO is mixing two genres and being a Jedi with skill tree/powers well not original is enough to be its own thing.

JFO was critized for being a mashup of different games it wasn't a clone which is a harsher label.

I mean one of the reasons EA cancelled 1313 was its lack of USP.

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ThePanzini

@efesell: Somewhat true but JFO is mixing two genres and being a Jedi with skill tree/powers, well not original is enough to be its own thing.

JFO was critized for being a mashup of different games but it wasn't a clone which is a harsher label.

I mean one of the reasons EA cancelled 1313 was its lack of USP.

Avatar image for deactivated-63cd8ec76d97f
    deactivated-63cd8ec76d97f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not really. 1313 looked like it was going to explore the Star Wars underworld, and Fallen Order has none of that. Still Fallen Order is fantastic and I'm not sure if Lucasarts at that point in time would have delivered on making a good game. Sorry but that studio near the end was so mismanaged that I'm not sure they even would have shipped 1313.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Echo the sentiment so far. Fallen Order was the rare game that got better as it went along - I actually think the final boss was one of the better Souls-likes I've ever encountered - but if you're gonna tempt me with a risky take on bounty hunting in the far flung future-past vs. yet another coming of age tale (starring Debra Wilson!) about latent Jedis what realize their true potential, I'll take the bounty hunter every time.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Yeah, given the choice I'd rather have a Star Wars game about a random schmuck hustler than The Most Generic Jedi. That said, I was surprised how much I loved Fallen Order, given I'm indifferent about Star Wars and I don't like Soulslikes at all. Very interested to see what Respawn will do with a sequel.

apewins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is a good chance that 1313 would have been bad to mediocre so as far as I'm concerned nothing of value was lost with its cancellation. And let me remind you all that there already exists a gritty bounty hunter Star Wars game - it was called "Star Wars Bounty Hunter" and it wasn't great.

WhiteShadow151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved Fallen Order in spite of empty cypher, Cal Lightsaber, and his lame ponchos. Tbh, I might be more into FO2 than 1313 at this point, but happy to be proven wrong if they did something cool.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I mean, my real Star Wars power fantasy game is basically an offline version of The Old Republic with some Witcher 3 here and there. But while playing Fallen Order, I wasn't thinking about what 1313 could have been.

sometingbanuble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@facelessvixen: I think i'd like a Star Wars game that is like The Ascent but then has Einhander elements for ship combat. I've enjoyed so many Star Wars games from the SNES games to Shadow of the Empire and the Force Unleashed. The RPG stuff has never been a draw for me. JFO was/is a fun game for me and i think the only hinderance to my experience is im playing on a pretty muddy projector which makes finding some of the climbing spaces or shimmying places between walls hard to decipher.

1313 was where i first heard the name Amy Hennig. What did the 1313 stand for anyway? Was that just a code name?

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@sometingbanuble: I want to say with confidence that 1313 is one of the lower levels of Coruscant where the most wretched hives of scum and villainy hang out. But the Disney trilogy has cause me to give very little fucks about the Star Wars mythos at the moment.

Why did they have to kiss?

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ThePanzini

Everyone's imagination has run wild on what 1313 could have been, 1313 was going to be a Bobba Fett game at the point of cancellation.

Yet forgetting it was being made by Lucasfilm Games poorly run who were notorious for cancelling projects and making drastic changes throughout development.

1313 at one time was SW GTA then become SW Uncharted before finishing on SW Bounty Hunter it most likely would have changed again if it wasn't cancelled.

Sure exploring the underworld in the Star Wars universe as random guy would have been neat but 1313 wasn't that, even if the plan was that Lucasfilm Games didn't have the people or commitment to deliver.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thepanzini: All of that is fairly irrelevant though. Of course the game could always have been shit.

I think a lot of us here are simply more interested in what could have been rather than what Fallen Order WAS. Even if ultimately FO wasn’t even a bad game in its own right.

Ginormous76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@efesell said:

As I recall the idea of 1313 was bounty hunter shit in the grimy parts of Star Wars which is still more intriguing than what we got with Fallen Order.

This. Fallen Order was good, but it's not a 1313 replacement. The idea of hunting down people across the galaxy sounds dope.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.