Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II - The Sith Lords

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Dec 06, 2004

With the Jedi nearly extinct, the galaxy is on the verge of falling into complete anarchy. As an exiled Jedi Knight regaining the Force, you must choose your path: help restore the Jedi Order, or embrace the dark side.

This game just got a huge update on Steam.

Wiseblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

New Features added to KOTOR II

Welcome to the newly updated KOTOR II! Mac and Linux users can finally play one of their favorite games natively, and we've added a host of new features to this beloved classic!

New Features:

• Steam Workshop support! We've proudly teamed up with the Restored Content Mod team and TSLRCM will be available on day 1!
    • Achievements can now be earned through gameplay
    • Controller support
    • Native widescreen resolution support
    • Support for up to 5K monitors
    • Steam Cloud saves

I actually never got around to playing this with the Restored Content mod. Now I have an excuse to finally do that.

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
    deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Holy shit. I don't know what suddenly motivated them to make every update anyone ever wanted, but good on 'em.

brandondryrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By brandondryrock

This is awesome. I played KOTOR II when it first came out, but I don't remember much from it. I am now tempted to go back into it, especially with Workshop support.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By cornbredx

Oh wow. That's awesome. Very unexpected. The native Widescreen support has been something I know at least I've wanted with that game for years.

That's really wild.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I replayed it early in 2013. I tried replaying KOTOR in 2014 but that game is just... forgive me for my edgelordliness, but KOTOR is like a kid's show compared to KOTOR 2.

I do like earning a cheevo or two, tho.

jay_ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

My reaction:

Wait what? Why? This is weird but awesome. Wait, this has to be a trick. Is this some sort of Disney thing that allows them to own the world? I guess I'll download it.

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Well I need to finally do a full play through of KOTOR so hopefully I can get to 2 & experience this stuff they are supporting, which is awesome they are here.

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Holy shit, that's awesome. I hope they do the same for the original — that game holds up surprisingly well, but things like the 4:3 aspect ratio are a bummer.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Ghostiet

@marokai said:

Holy shit. I don't know what suddenly motivated them to make every update anyone ever wanted, but good on 'em.

Licensing deals might have changed, which allowed them to do it in the first place. They couldn't patch shit because Lucas wouldn't allow them - partially because the Xbox version had no way of getting said patch, and that game is from an era where PC gaming was on the decline, at least in publishers' eyes.

Junkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Junkboy

Fucking awesome! I know it's stupid but I couldn't stand playing the game with kb/m after having played the original Kotor on Xbox. I bought this during a steam same a while back so absolutely looking forward to getting back to it as I never finished this gem.

Now a question I have is I why now?

Wheels1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Wheels1993

can anyone help a brother out

so i got this working one time.. went to turn down graphic options to make the framerate as high as possible, and the game crashed, and now no matter what i do the game keeps crashing i've uninstalled and reinstalled the game ive verified the cashe.. anything i can think of and nothing is working.. if gets past the opening logos and crashes, but it is in 16:9 so there's that.

i apologize if the grammar in this makes people want to cry..just trying to get this out quickly

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb67033e3422
    deactivated-5bb67033e3422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@junkboy0: Remaster for PS4 / Xbox One? one can only hope. Although I did find this one boring compared to the first game.

Junkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Junkboy

@justkamtoo: Yeah, release both in a single pack for $30/$40 and with controller support it means a straight port for PS4//Xbone is super easy now.

Though with the cancellation to Bioware's Shadow Realms on Feb of this year I wonder if maybe they're ramping up for an eventual KOTOR 3 . Though maybe that's just me wishful thinking since Disney did disown so much of the SW lore. Whatever I'll keep wishing and power through this game to wipe this shameful mark on my library for never having beaten it.

@wheels1993 I've hard weird issues like that before on other games and it's usually the synch that breaks it. Try deleting the game and all content stored then uncheck the "steam cloud synch" under the updates tabs then re-download and try again. Hopefully that does it, good luck!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.