Any reason why there was no Android port? Only an iOS one?

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Any specific reason rather than they didn't want to? I doubt they couldn't have made money by also porting it to android.

Avatar image for deactivated-5afdd08777389
deactivated-5afdd08777389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Because iOS users are a lot more likely to spend money on apps. They would probably have to do an ad supported version on Android and that just wouldn't work with KOTOR.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 16

They wouldn't necessarily have to do an ad version on Android, but yes, iOS is significantly more profitable and much easier to work with. Given that most of the mobile port work is already done, an Android version could happen in the future if it were to make financial sense. That may never be the case, though.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

I feel like the IOS version came out of nowhere, whoever is behind it had a ton of faith in the KOTOR name. If they can afford to put it on Android, they will eventually.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b531a34b946c
deactivated-5b531a34b946c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I didn't even know this was a thing.. might be worth trying. If it's a recent release, give it time. Were I making a mobile game, I'd focus 100% on iOS, release it, then consider ports. That market is just too big to wait for two versions to be ready.

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Zella

I wouldn't be surprised if the ease of app piracy on Android detracts from them porting it to Android as well. It is not that hard on iOS but last I remember you needed to be at least jailbroken, with Android it is pretty much just drag and drop.

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Since the game is out now on Android, my guess is that they wanted to try it out on the iOS platform before making an Android version.

PrivodOtmenit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PrivodOtmenit

Old thread but here we go: It's easier, or was easier, to develop for iOS as they had similar screen sizes and resolutions across the board. Not exactly true anymore with so many different sized iPhones and iPads out, then there's the difference in resolutions between all the generations.

There's also more iOS devices out there capable of playing games than Androids, as let's not forget there are many, cheap, shitty Android phones that can't play games. (or at least play them very well)

Most games seem to come out for both around the same time these days but honestly I don't care that much as I often find myself buying phone games and then never playing them, so I kinda stopped. Unless it's Threes, cus Threes is fabulous.

edit: I say all of this as the owner of a single Android phone.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.