Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Jul 15, 2003

Taking place in the Old Republic era of Star Wars, around 4000 years before the events of the films, Knights of the Old Republic is a third-person turn-based RPG where players travel the galaxy as a mysterious Republic soldier, racing against time to thwart a massive Sith fleet.

I want to play this again.. Mods?

BurBan_Snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Does anyone know where i can get some good mods for this game? (if if they even exist).

Was hoping for a resolution mod, so I could play at native, perhaps a graphics overhaul mod if they exist, and maybe some fancy new robe models that are more true to the movies.

Thanks Duders!

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Hayt

The robes are true to the setting which is set 4000 years before the films. Making them "more true to the movies" would be akin to putting reeboks on people in gladiator.

As for resolution mods you can hack the res to fit modern screens better.

As for mods i havent really dabble but there's a shitload here

http://www.moddb.com/games/star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic

http://www.wsgf.org/article/star-wars-knights-old-republic

That should get you started. Enjoy, brilliant game.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Instead of making a new topic, figured I would bump this. Are there any must have mods for KOTOR 1?

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By mylifeforAiur

Man, I recently replayed these two games. I don't don't know if you had planned to play both, but I'll be annoying by recommending the second game in lieu of the first. Kotor 2 is a soundly better game and it's optimized to be played on modern PCs. Otherwise you'll need to dload a widescreen application for Kotor. I used Flawless Widescreen. It's unreliable but it does work eventually. You'll just have to keep restarting the game until it works. There are plenty of mods on NexusMods. Plenty. Have fun. Also, Kotor 2 has Steam Workshop support.

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Also one thing about Kotor 1 is that people think the cutscnes are not capable of being enabled without crashing the game but this only happened to me when the refresh rate in game is set to one other then what's native to your monitor.

I would also recommend playing Kotor 2 instead. Only thing I dislike about 2 is Kreia. "Why did you help that person find peace? You robbed them of the chance to better themselves independently, you dick." Pretty much every time you do anything nice or even talk to anyone.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

Why any time KOTOR 1 comes up, even if someone says hey I'm playing KOTOR 1 I already decided, do people have to come in and say play 2 instead? We should retire that.

KOTOR 1 is great. Enjoy it.

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By xanadu

@artisanbreads: I kind of understand what you are saying but Kotor 2 has so much work done to be modernized and capable of running on newer systems. Kotor 1 has not and will never do that, the cutscene issue is bad enough imo. Also using wide screen mods can lead to issues with the ui which you further have to correct with other mods that may or may not work for you.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.