Stuck in Star Forge

Canarith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Canarith

In a previous save of this game, I got to the Star Forge and down to Deck 2. About half way through deck 2, the game encountered some graphical glitches and when I attempted to save it, no dice. I exited out of the game like I had several other times and when I came back, it appears the save file was corrupted. It basically said old save file and the time on it was 0hrs and 0mins. The last time I had saved was right at the last fight on the Leviathan. Well, that wasn't too bad, so I decided to go back to that save and try my hand at the rest of the game again. I managed to successfully get to deck 2,headed over to the computer room to turn off the defense turrets on the elevator side as well as got some Darth Revan robes. After this, I fought a large number of jedi apprentices, etc. I killed all of them. My party headed over to the Elevator room to the Command Deck. I open up the elevator room door and get the normal cutscene with the 3 Dark Jedi next to the star map with Malak promising one of them to be his apprentice that gets the killing blow on Revan. The cutscene then goes away. Just one problem.....I cannot get to the command deck. Instead of the door being open, it is closed in front of me. If I open the door again, when the scene fades back in....I am still on Deck 2. When I open the door behind me, that is of course Deck 2. The door in front of me, which should be the elevator to the Command deck simply ends up leading me back to an open door behind me that shows Deck 2. Any ideas on how to fix this, or am I stuck in another unfinishable game...?

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Oh man. It's been a long time, but I recall running into a glitch somewhere in the Star Forge the last time I played it. I think I ended up needing to reload an earlier save file and than that fixed it. Maybe you should try playing through it again. Third times the charm?

Also, dude... never try to save a game when you start noticing graphical glitches.

Canarith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Canarith

I tried reloading an earlier save. Actually the first time I actually got to the elevator door(I never got that far in the first pass at the game before the game was corrupted) I killed all the turrets. Got the Command Deck glitch, so I reloaded an earlier save, tried doing it by using the comp to turn off the turrets. Still got the same issue with the door there. It just would not go up to the proper deck, like it should.

Canarith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Canarith

It seems I was mistaken......wow what a blonde moment....and I have dark brown hair :p. When I retried the game, I actually went out of the elevator this time and realized that the level was indeed the command deck, it simply looked EXACTLY like deck 2. Anyway, I managed to beat the game shortly after that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.