Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released Oct 26, 2010

Following the events of the first game, Darth Vader clones a replacement Starkiller, who again rebels against his master.

Such a disappointment, and from someone who loved the first

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By vitor

Just played through the PC version  and it  breaks my heart to say that most people should probably do their best to avoid The Force Unleashed 2 unless it's a cheap rental... Story's worse than the original and is pure fan service of the worst kind, albeit decently acted and well presented, and the gameplay, while marginally improved, is way more repetitive due to a lack of enemy variety and the entirety of game's second half consisting of drab starship interiors and retreads of the first few levels. It's almost like you could pinpoint the exact moment at which the creative lead decided to leave the project a few months before launch...  

Shame - first 2 hours and a bit were great fun before the onset of numbing tedium kicked in and the game can look genuinely astounding at points. I really, really enjoyed the first despite it's flaws but it's harder to overlook those same mistakes 2 years down the line, especially when the team behind it had showed signs of having  learnt some important level design lessons in the DLC for the first game - only to then repeat the same copy paste corridors and repetitive environments here is just such a damned waste of potential when compounded with the other issues.    

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By falserelic

Damn its a shame that this game didn't do so well. I love the first one and I was looking forward to this sequel.But after I played the demo and saw the mediocre reviews.I've decided to wait for this game to decrease in value.The developers could have done much more with this sequel.But instead they gave the people an improved version of recycle shit. 

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Marcsman

Not surprised in the least
    TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By TheHT

It coulda been a contenda.

Hunter114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Hunter114

It seems to be about the same on the xbox and PS3 as well... there are only four levels (Kamino, Keto Namoidia, the Salvation and Kamino... AGAIN!!!) - There is one boss battle and neither of the two endings make any sense at all... even with all that, they still could have given more, I mean the DLC for the first game (Ultimate Sith Edition) was actually better than what this game appears to be.

reaper2923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By reaper2923

This game is that type of annoying hard trust me I'm angerly tossing my controller a lot

Burns09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Burns09
    @Vitor: I'm with you on this, a huge disappointment after I spent the weeks leading up to this game defending the first and the promise the sequel showed.
    vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By vitor
    @Hunter114 said:

" It seems to be about the same on the xbox and PS3 as well... there are only four levels (Kamino, Keto Namoidia, the Salvation and Kamino... AGAIN!!!) - There is one boss battle and neither of the two endings make any sense at all... even with all that, they still could have given more, I mean the DLC for the first game (Ultimate Sith Edition) was actually better than what this game appears to be. "

This - the DLC was such a massive improvement in terms of level design and pacing that I was certain the sequel was going to fulfil all the promise of the first game (well, the Jedi Temple and Tatooine levels were, Hoth, not so much - did nothing to fix the game's borderline broken boss fights). 

The game starts off well enough and the first two levels and first (and only real major) boss fight are well presented, reasonably well executed bar some repetition and visually impressive. Then it's straight down hill as soon as the next chapter opens.  

I was just like Brad in the quicklook - shocked at the low reviews and damning criticism when none of that is evident within the first 2/3 hours. But boy does it take a U-turn after that...
    SpudBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By SpudBug

this game is more linear than Final Fantasy 13's first 10 hours.

I finished it in one sitting this morning. The story goes nowhere, makes no sense, and most of the dialog is just awful.

Glad it was only a rental. Shame i got it for 5 days instead of just one though.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TheHT
    @Hunter114 said:
    " It seems to be about the same on the xbox and PS3 as well... there are only four levels (Kamino, Keto Namoidia, the Salvation and Kamino... AGAIN!!!) - There is one boss battle and neither of the two endings make any sense at all... even with all that, they still could have given more, I mean the DLC for the first game (Ultimate Sith Edition) was actually better than what this game appears to be. "
    How did you get two endings? I just beat it and saw no spot where the game presented a choice.

Fuck this game was pretty bad. I recend my formor statement, it really couldn't have been a contenda for anything good. It felt like a not very fun tech demo for DMM and Euphoria that was too long to be a tech demo and way too short to be a game.

Hunter114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Hunter114
    @TheHT said:
    "How did you get two endings? I just beat it and saw no spot where the game presented a choice.

Fuck this game was pretty bad. I recend my formor statement, it really couldn't have been a contenda for anything good. It felt like a not very fun tech demo for DMM and Euphoria that was too long to be a tech demo and way too short to be a game.

"
    There is a choice on the XBOX 360 and PS3 versions right at the end, before the final cutscene... you can choose either light side or dark side.
    TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TheHT
    @Hunter114: Wow. I played it on the PC and it just went straight to light side ending.
    MiamiRedHawks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MiamiRedHawks
    @Vitor: I'm glad you told us how you feel about the game, cause I enjoyed the first one as well and was considering picking it up. I've been hearing the same things from multiple people. I think I'll pass on this one.
    Teran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By Teran
    @Vitor said:
    ...and the gameplay, while marginally improved, is way more repetitive due to a lack of enemy variety and the entirety of game's second half consisting of drab starship interiors and retreads of the first few levels.
    I have to disagree with you there.  The gameplay was improved a lot more than just marginally.  I had far fewer camera issues, used my full array of force powers rather than just my two favorites, and really enjoyed the deflection mechanic for missiles and such.  I think the gameplay was greatly improved.  I think the biggest improvement was the platforming... in that there is very little of it compared to the first and is often more forgiving.

As for level design, I agree it was a little lacking compared to the first however the first was no stranger to drab spaceship interiors or sterilized military bases.  Additionally I rather like the level with the terror spiders and such.  I thought the atmosphere was extremely well done chasing an unknown enemy through the ship... an enemy so powerful it cuts through ship decks as though they were butter and moves freely burrowing through the interior leaving a molten path in its wake... the whole level put you up against somewhat unknown enemy types which really added a lot to it as you're fighting through dark corridors.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.