Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released Oct 26, 2010

Following the events of the first game, Darth Vader clones a replacement Starkiller, who again rebels against his master.

The Force Unleashed II Hitting Almost Every Platform On 10/26

• 79 results
    Avatar image for ravenousrattler
    Ravenousrattler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#51  Edited By Ravenousrattler

the plot sounds kinda retarded, but i did like the force powers from the first one, until they stopped working on the enemies and it just got annoying.

simian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#52  Edited By simian

I didn't hate TFU unleashed but it did drag near the end. I wish my choices during the game had more ramifications.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By mosdl
    @Oni said:
    " I don't want fewer but tougher enemies, I want more but weaker enemies! All the force-resistant enemies in the first game were just annoying to fight and negated the purpose of you being a supposedly all-powerful badass. I wanna hack through Stormtroopers by the dozens with a more realistic approach to what a lightsaber actually does when it makes contact with human beings. "
    Totally true.  The game never really made me feel all powerful.  I want slicing (no need for blood really).
    crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#54  Edited By crusader8463

Here's hoping the PC release is in a playable form this time around. The first one was unplayable.

masterken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#55  Edited By masterken

this is one case where the dumb story of the second game drags down a pretty good story they had in the first game.

it seems like they took the laziest possible route they could take for the sequel. they must not be creative enough to make another interesting protagonist.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#56  Edited By jakob187

All they need to fix is the controls, and I'm set. 

The acting and story better be just as amazing as the first game.  That was what kept me going. 

@Everyone:  If you consider this premise shallow, then how the fuck did you justify "the prodigal child that chose the Dark Side needs an apprentice to do all his dirty work for him"?

Jayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#57  Edited By Jayzilla

the physics in the first one were disappointing compared with how they were hyping the physics to be. dudes never really reacted like the did in gameplay footage. the spaces were far too wide open and some of the level designs were downright frustrating. it was a fun game, but just not what was promised by the devs.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#58  Edited By shirogane

Force Unleashed 2: Revenge Attack of the Ex-Sith Clone? 

Why woud Vader even bother cloning him... 
    And then go around trying to kill him all over again. 
    Was he THAT bored?
    JazGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#59  Edited By JazGalaxy
    @jakob187 said:
    " All they need to fix is the controls, and I'm set. 

The acting and story better be just as amazing as the first game.  That was what kept me going. 

@Everyone:  If you consider this premise shallow, then how the fuck did you justify "the prodigal child that chose the Dark Side needs an apprentice to do all his dirty work for him"? "
    Because there are always 2 Sith. Or, really 3 since one is always trying to overthrow the other. So Vader needed Starkiller to secretly work against The Emperor.
    Shaanyboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Shaanyboi

As a Star Wars fan, the story of the first game kept me going.  If this game's plot maintains that quality, I'm all for it.  But they already really had to make a stretch to make that game feel like it mattered in the overall context of things.  It ended up working VERY well, and Starkiller became WAY cooler than I thought, but this kinda cheapens his sacrifice at the end of the first game.  Can they really surprise and create a significant story AGAIN? 

smoolander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#61  Edited By smoolander

I thought this was Heavy Rain Unleashed from some of the screen shots. The first game was quite passable, with the niggling things not so much a niggle for me. However if the story is about a clone of Starkiller then I hope they make up for that with the game play.

Lethkhar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#62  Edited By Lethkhar

The plot sounds terrible, even for Star Wars.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#63  Edited By Willy105
    @Lethkhar said:
    " The plot sounds terrible, even for Star Wars. "
    Star Wars is many things, but terrible plotlines are not it.

Bad writing? Yeah. Bad stories? Heck no. That's why people love it.
    Terranova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Terranova
    @Shirogane said:

"Force Unleashed 2: Revenge Attack of the Ex-Sith Clone?  Why woud Vader even bother cloning him... And then go around trying to kill him all over again. Was he THAT bored? "

Yeah i 'm thinking the same thing, it makes no sense for Vader to clone him after the events, i could understand had he done it when starkiller was still a child just in case his plan went down the crapper but not after the events of the first game knowing that the clone would just be a problem like the original. 
    Jensonb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#65  Edited By Jensonb

This a game would have to be about 200% better than the original to even approach mediocre, so excuse me if I'm not optimistic. I vaguely recall them telling us TFU 1 was like the most awesome Star Wars thing ever made, and it turned out to be amongst the worst. Shitty controls, nonsensical set pieces, premise-breakingly overpowered enemies and - worst of all - a storyline which completely breaks and ruins the plots of both Star Wars Trilogies. TFU 2 has a lot of work to do to make up for the shit stain that is its predecessor.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#66  Edited By Tennmuerti

Considering the PC port of the first was fucked up beyond all recognition I'm not sure about trusting them with even more platforms to screw up on.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#67  Edited By fox01313

Hope that they take what was so fun about that initial level in the tie fighter hanger & put that in the whole game instead of the stupid enemies that are immune to your powers/lightsaber as well as the extra non-awesome moments (as far as the controls) with taking down a star destroyer.

TehJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By TehJames

What!? No PS2?

Avatar image for uselessninjaman
    UselessNinjaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By UselessNinjaMan

I swear, if they make another half-assed, broken PC port of this, LucasArts can stick a lightsaber where the sun don't shine.

giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#70  Edited By giyanks22

The story in the first game was excellent, but the technical aspects needed some refinement. I think this has a lot of potential. The visuals look excellent, and I'm sure the story will be good. I just hope that multiple playthroughs = more variety and that the controls are much smoother. 

Judge_Zetsumei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Judge_Zetsumei

The PC Steam version best not be 29GB like the first game....    (yes that is not a typo)

Monk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Monk

Conspiracy Theory! Maybe they didn't announce the PSP version because a new PSP is coming? Maybe?

sickVisionz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#73  Edited By sickVisionz

I wonder if all versions will have the Order 66 mode.  I really enjoyed that about the PSP version.

Duckbutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Duckbutter
    @Monk said:

" Conspiracy Theory! Maybe they didn't announce the PSP version because a new PSP is coming? Maybe? "

i heard that rumor. that PSP2 is gonna be announced at E3. 
    and thats the reason why Sony don't mind givin up a bunch of big game announcements before E3 like LBP2, Infamous 2, Killzone 3, etc. cuz they're gonna drown us in PS3 Move and PSP2 and Last Guardian and some FF Versus stuff that, that Sqaure guy keeps Twitterin about and whatever else.
    Darghan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Darghan

I loved the first one!

wrathofconn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#77  Edited By wrathofconn

Didn't play much of the first one but his does look good.

Lethkhar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Lethkhar
    @Willy105 said:
    " @Lethkhar said:
    Star Wars is many things, but terrible plotlines are not it.  Bad writing? Yeah. Bad stories? Heck no. That's why people love it. "
    People love Star Wars because in the 1970's the special effects were awe-inspiring. The stories are not works of creative genius-They'd all be told before. Star Wars is the Avatar of the 70's.
    Avatar image for president_barackbar
    President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@Lethkhar: You take that back you half witted, scruffy looking, nerf herder!
    Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#80  Edited By Willy105
    @Lethkhar said:
    " @Willy105 said:
    " @Lethkhar said:
    Star Wars is many things, but terrible plotlines are not it.  Bad writing? Yeah. Bad stories? Heck no. That's why people love it. "
    People love Star Wars because in the 1970's the special effects were awe-inspiring. The stories are not works of creative genius-They'd all be told before. Star Wars is the Avatar of the 70's. "

The thing is, the Star Wars stories (and the Indiana Jones stories) were based on stories that haven't been told for 20 or 30 years at the time. Avatar's stories are still being told in the same year it came out.

They are both great though, and yeah, Star Wars was totally Avatar back then.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.