Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Game » consists of 34 releases. Released Sep 16, 2008

Set before the events of the original Star Wars trilogy, The Force Unleashed casts the player as Darth Vader's secret apprentice tasked with hunting down the last of the Jedi Order.

Is this worth playing???

XenoNick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

Edited By XenoNick

I've always avoided star wars games *except for repuplic commando* and since there's a sequel on the way which looks kinda badass. I was wondering if it's worth picking this up. Its quite cheap in the gamestation next to where i work. Normally i wouldnt be hesitant about this sort of thing but my mate who bought the game on release didnt sound very pleased with it.

Edit: This was meant to be in the force unleashed section. sorry

XenoNick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By XenoNick

I've always avoided star wars games *except for repuplic commando* and since there's a sequel on the way which looks kinda badass. I was wondering if it's worth picking this up. Its quite cheap in the gamestation next to where i work. Normally i wouldnt be hesitant about this sort of thing but my mate who bought the game on release didnt sound very pleased with it.

Edit: This was meant to be in the force unleashed section. sorry

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Xeiphyer
    @XenoNick: This got posted to off topic magically. You using the latest firefox? Theres a bug :(

I'll flag it so the mods can move it to the appropriate forums.

Also, what game did you intend it for?
    Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Pazy

Force Unleashed is a really fun game, the Star Wars flavour helps the appeal of the game but its a really fun third person combat game with some limited platforming and "puzzles" (use force power on the object which looks out of place).  If you can get it cheap its fun experience. That dosent seem like great praise but I dont think its a "great" game but a rather fun one.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By AhmadMetallic

nah

XenoNick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By XenoNick
    @Pazy said:
    " Force Unleashed is a really fun game, the Star Wars flavour helps the appeal of the game but its a really fun third person combat game with some limited platforming and "puzzles" (use force power on the object which looks out of place).  If you can get it cheap its fun experience. That dosent seem like great praise but I dont think its a "great" game but a rather fun one. "
    As long as the games fun i don't mind so much if it's not great. I mean i've played some really bad games (Having an A rank on x-blades kinda shows that :P)
    Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Pazy
    @XenoNick said:
    " @Pazy said:
    " Force Unleashed is a really fun game, the Star Wars flavour helps the appeal of the game but its a really fun third person combat game with some limited platforming and "puzzles" (use force power on the object which looks out of place).  If you can get it cheap its fun experience. That dosent seem like great praise but I dont think its a "great" game but a rather fun one. "
    As long as the games fun i don't mind so much if it's not great. I mean i've played some really bad games (Having an A rank on x-blades kinda shows that :P) "
    Ive had some fun with X-Blades, it just felt like every thing was ten times too long lol if it was shorter it would be a mediocre game but its was a dull grinding game.
    XenoNick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By XenoNick
    @Pazy said:
    " @XenoNick said:
    " @Pazy said:
    As long as the games fun i don't mind so much if it's not great. I mean i've played some really bad games (Having an A rank on x-blades kinda shows that :P) "
    Ive had some fun with X-Blades, it just felt like every thing was ten times too long lol if it was shorter it would be a mediocre game but its was a dull grinding game. "
    True about the dull grinding. If i wasnt listening to various podcasts *Including the Bombcast* i doubt i would have got through it
    FalcomAdol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By FalcomAdol

Hells yes.

I just finished up with it tonight (both endings on medium difficulty, maxed out abilities, combos, and force powers, most of the achievements).  It looks great, the music has the right feel, and more importantly it treats the franchise with respect.

It is also glitchy at times, I've fallen through floors (and the game doesn't just reset you, you're stuck then have to back out to the menu screen and continue again), there are audio glitches at least on the 360 version, and it is punishingly hard on medium difficulty until you get the full complement of force powers (as soon as possible get lightning, force grip, and saber throwing, these are your three go-to abilities for killing shit, unfortunately I think that at least two of those also only unlock once you've gotten to later levels).

You should expect to grind levels if you're playing on medium or higher difficulty for sure.  Now that I'm finished, I could easily play through all the zones in half an hour or less each (most 15 minutes), and only the final battle would be a challenge.  If you pick the jedi path at the end of the game, there are some easy strategies to cheap your way through the final battle, but fighting the sith path ending is a real bitch.

Respect yourself, play a difficult game that's rewarding (and this one is).

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By trophyhunter

I liked it a lot actually

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Eh, it depends on how much you like Star Wars. It's definitely not a great game, and can be incredibly frustrating at times, but it has its moments. If you're a big Star Wars fan, it may be easier for you to overlook some of the lousier parts.

palfrei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By palfrei

After watching The return of the Jedi I learnt to be wary of anything Star Wars related but I must say that The force unleashed is a pretty good game, specially for the Wii as using the motion controls makes you feel like a pseudo-Jedi. It's an OK game to play at least once.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.