Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Game » consists of 34 releases. Released Sep 16, 2008

Set before the events of the original Star Wars trilogy, The Force Unleashed casts the player as Darth Vader's secret apprentice tasked with hunting down the last of the Jedi Order.

Stars Wars The Force Unleashed Fans Petition

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Jeust

Well since petition are in the order of the day, and the unrightful policy by Lucas Arts, i came across one about the Star Wars TFU Infinities storyline. 

If you agree that this is a explotation of the star wars fans and you feel it too, sign it.  

We have to protect costumers' rights... or this will go on and on and on. 

http://www.petitiononline.com/swis1166/petition.html

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By jkz
    @Jeust said:
    " Well since petition are in the order of the day, and the unrightful policy by Lucas Arts, i came across one about the Star Wars TFU Infinities storyline. 

If you agree that this is a explotation of the star wars fans and you feel it too, sign it.  

http://www.petitiononline.com/swis1166/petition.html "
    ....what?
    Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jeust

It's about the second part of the Infinities storyline - the first one will come as a dlc -, aka the second new level that is comming out, is only available in the Sith Edition retail version.  

So a fan that already has the game and the dlc, has to buy it again in order to play the completed infinities story. 

Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By Lies

online petitions

lol

Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Bulldog19892
    @Lies said:
    " online petitions  lol "
    My sentiments exactly.
    Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jeust
    @Lies said:
    " online petitions  lol "
    yeah... but at least can unite, even for a little bit, the consumers. 

In that it is worthwhile.
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Scooper

It says right there in the petition "Wait for the second part to be made available as a dlc. It will most probably be after a while."

Why don't you just do that and not buy the whole game again?

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jeust

yeah that's what i'll do :) 

But the predicment is the one mentioned above... 

Genkkaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By Genkkaku
    @Jeust said:
    "So a fan that already has the game and the dlc, has to buy it again in order to play the completed infinities story.  "
    I'm in the same position
    TheGremp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By TheGremp

...Huh?

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jeust
    @Genkkaku said:
    " @Jeust said:
    "So a fan that already has the game and the dlc, has to buy it again in order to play the completed infinities story.  "
    I'm in the same position "
    You're not the only one...  

If you wish you can sign the petition. 

Cheers
    71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By 71Ranchero

This is how the world works these days. Lucas isn't holding a gun on you to buy the new version so you have no standing. The days when everything was available to everyone are gone. Just look at music for example, to get a complete album you almost have to buy 3 copys of a cd just to get the full tracklist. 1 from Itunes, 1 from Retail, and 1 import. Just dont buy it and get on with life.

Btw, petitions = lol.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jeust
    @Atramentous said:
    " This is how the world works these days. Lucas isn't holding a gun on you to buy the new version so you have no standing. The days when everything was available to everyone are gone. Just look at music for example, to get a complete album you almost have to buy 3 copys of a cd just to get the full tracklist. 1 from Itunes, 1 from Retail, and 1 import. Just dont buy it and get on with life.  Btw, petitions = lol. "
    First of all, if you like that situation it is in your own right.

I don't! And i feel cheated, to be put in such a place where if i want to play two new levels i have to pay at least 40$!  

And if we, the consumers, don't work together things will get crazier, as they already have. So if you like the present state of affairs, by all means do nothing! 
    bubahula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By bubahula

..... what?

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By 71Ranchero
    @Jeust said:

" @Atramentous said:

" This is how the world works these days. Lucas isn't holding a gun on you to buy the new version so you have no standing. The days when everything was available to everyone are gone. Just look at music for example, to get a complete album you almost have to buy 3 copys of a cd just to get the full tracklist. 1 from Itunes, 1 from Retail, and 1 import. Just dont buy it and get on with life.  Btw, petitions = lol. "
    First of all, if you like that situation it is in your own right. I don't! And i feel cheated, to be put in such a place where if i want to play two new levels i have to pay at least 40$!   And if we, the consumers, don't work together things will get crazier, as they already have. So if you like the present state of affairs, by all means do nothing!  "
    I didn't say I liked it, I do however understand that your methods wont change anything. They wont even result in an internal memo at the studio. Getting over it and moving on is your best bet in this case. You wont solve anything by petitioning on the internet. Thats the least affective way to bring about change, hell you may as well just twiddle your thumbs because you will get the same result.
    TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16  Edited By TheHBK

nice reponses, guys who just say online petitions = lol
    I guess any petition in paper is retarded too, since you can just sign any name there too.
    I do think they will make it available as DLC and in the quick look Jeff says as much.  But remember, this is business and its the way that lucasarts thinks it can make the most money.

mhkjtha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By mhkjtha

lucasarts are making a dick move right there

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jeust
    @Atramentous:  

I know... but the same was said of sindicalism in the beginning, and it got recognition afterwards. 

The thing is: if people don't band together on one way or another, things will get worse, as they already have. 

And in this case the objective of this petition it's not in signing it and sending it to Lucas Arts, but in the agreement that a person won't by the new Ultimate Sith Edition.
    ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ArchScabby

This is one of the wost petitions I have ever seen.  My niece can spell better than the guy who wrote it, and she can't write.  Not to mention I fail to see anything wrong with them selling an expansion pack.  People need to grow up, they don't deserve anything from these companies, and sure as hell don't deserve stuff for free when they act like whiney little bitches on the internet.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By eroticfishcake

I probably should mention that the last time a petition was proposed on the forums it was locked since, well, they never work. Not that I disagree with it but I've never seen an online petition do anything at all.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Jeust
    @ArchScabby said:

" This is one of the wost petitions I have ever seen.  My niece can spell better than the guy who wrote it, and she can't write.  Not to mention I fail to see anything wrong with them selling an expansion pack.  People need to grow up, they don't deserve anything from these companies, and sure as hell don't deserve stuff for free when they act like whiney little bitches on the internet. "

First of all read the whole petition and try to understand it before speaking your mind. 

Second of all the Ultimate Sith Edition isn't any expansion pack. It's the same game, with the same addons a person who bought the game and the dlcs has, with one new dlc - one level- for the total price of 40$. 

This petition isn't for people who don't even care to understand it.
    ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ArchScabby
    @Jeust said:
    " @ArchScabby said:

" This is one of the wost petitions I have ever seen.  My niece can spell better than the guy who wrote it, and she can't write.  Not to mention I fail to see anything wrong with them selling an expansion pack.  People need to grow up, they don't deserve anything from these companies, and sure as hell don't deserve stuff for free when they act like whiney little bitches on the internet. "

First of all read the whole petition and try to understand it before speaking your mind. 

Second of all the Ultimate Sith Edition isn't any expansion pack. It's the same game, with the same addons a person who bought the game and the dlcs has, with one new dlc - one level- for the total price of 40$.  This petition isn't for people who don't even care to understand it. "
    Well if it's only one new level if you don't  buy it you obviously aren't missing much are you?  Stop complaining.
    Avatar image for green_incarnate
    Green_Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#23  Edited By Green_Incarnate

What is this force unleashed you speak of?

*Continues playing Jedi Academy.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Jeust
    @ArchScabby said:

" @Jeust said:

" @ArchScabby said:

Second of all the Ultimate Sith Edition isn't any expansion pack. It's the same game, with the same addons a person who bought the game and the dlcs has, with one new dlc - one level- for the total price of 40$.  This petition isn't for people who don't even care to understand it. "
    Well if it's only one new level if you don't  buy it you obviously aren't missing much are you?  Stop complaining. "
    It's the principle that matters.  

Ripping off clients 40$ for one level is low. 

And i care.
    Feser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Feser

I am curious - how do petitions work? Since the people who care enough to sign an obscure internet petition also care too much to not to buy said game.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#26  Edited By breadfan

This is really getting out of hand.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Jeust
    @Feser said:

" I am curious - how do petitions work? Since the people who care enough to sign an obscure internet petition also care too much to not to buy said game. "

read the obscure internet petition then.
    EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By EvilTwin
    @mhkjtha said:
    " lucasarts are making a dick move right there "
    Yeah, I came in here to roll my eyes but this is kind of a capital D dick move.  Not that I think the petition will have much effect, but good luck.
    Feser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Feser
    @Jeust:
    I think you are confusing me for someone that cares. 
    Good luck with the petition, though,I was only noticing something which any company thinks about when faced with a petition - this is nonbinding, obscure, irrelevant, and probably will not affect sales.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#30  Edited By jakob187

Everything is available on the Ultimate Sith Edition, which also happens to include ALL the previous DLC.  I mean, if we're going to have a petition for this nonsense, let's go ahead and start one for Fallout 3 GOTY. 

People are getting too damn crazy about post-release materials for games.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Jeust
    @Feser said:

" @Jeust: I think you are confusing me for someone that cares. Good luck with the petition, though,I was only noticing something which any company thinks about when faced with a petition - this is nonbinding, obscure, irrelevant, and probably will not affect sales. "

I didn't, that's why i said to you to read it. If you were really interest you would, saying anything else would be irrelevant.  

It maybe do as you think or maybe not. You don't know anything unless you try isn't it? You can only predict it...  

And if people don't buy the ultimate sith edition it can effect sales. 

@jakob187 said:

" Everything is available on the Ultimate Sith Edition, which also happens to include ALL the previous DLC.  I mean, if we're going to have a petition for this nonsense, let's go ahead and start one for Fallout 3 GOTY.  People are getting too damn crazy about post-release materials for games. "

It isn't true!  

The last patch isn't available to any person unless they spend 40$ on the ultimate edition, which has all other stuff on the xbl and psn. So you're technically buying everything again for the sake of the last dlc that completes the Infinities story - hoth.  

Before answering you should get all the information.
    Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#32  Edited By Willy105

Wait what?

What is the petition against? I don''t understand.

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By EvilTwin
    @Willy105 said:
    " Wait what?  What is the petition against? I don''t understand. "
    As far as I can tell, there was DLC for TFU that started some sort of subplot and the only way to see it through to its conclusion is to buy this new disk with both pieces of extra content on it.  As opposed to just offering the second piece as DLC for the people who already bought the full retail version as well as the first piece of DLC.
    Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Systech

I ain't going to do shit.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#35  Edited By Willy105
    @EvilTwin said:
    " @Willy105 said:
    " Wait what?  What is the petition against? I don''t understand. "
    As far as I can tell, there was DLC for TFU that started some sort of subplot and the only way to see it through to its conclusion is to buy this new disk with both pieces of extra content on it.  As opposed to just offering the second piece as DLC for the people who already bought the full retail version as well as the first piece of DLC. "
    Ah yes.

The conclusion of the TFU storyark with Starkiller killing Luke and therefore killing the happy ending to the good side. and completing the Emperor's plan.

Kinda anticlimactic when you only get to see up to Obi Wan dying with only the original game.
    ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 66

#36  Edited By ArbitraryWater

So basically you want the Hoth level available as DLC to the masses so they don't have to buy the Ultimate Sith Edition. Meh. It's not worth writing a petition about, unless you somehow want to play another 1-2 hours of The Force Unleashed for $10, which is what they would probably charge if it came out.

MrCynical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#37  Edited By MrCynical
    @jakob187 said:

" Everything is available on the Ultimate Sith Edition, which also happens to include ALL the previous DLC.  I mean, if we're going to have a petition for this nonsense, let's go ahead and start one for Fallout 3 GOTY.  People are getting too damn crazy about post-release materials for games. "

The situation isn't the same as Fallout 3. With that game's GOTY edition, you had the ability to buy all the content separately as DLC (ie if you bought the game at or near release time you didn't need to re-buy the game to access the additional content). That is the key objection to TFU: there is no option to buy the third extra level other than to buy another retail copy of the game. It can also be distinguished from extra levels in 'special editions' of games at launch (e.g. the extra levels in the 'Black Edition' of Assassin's Creed II) because those give people a straight choice: they can either buy the version with the extra content, or buy the version without it.

EDIT: I'm not one of the out-and-out haters on this by the way. I don't agree with the decision, but nor am I about to start an internet petition about it. On purely financial terms, it isn't actually that bad a deal. The Ultimate Sith Edition includes:
    • Both skin packs (2x400MSP = 800MSP)
    • The Jedi Temple mission (800MSP)
    • The Tatooine mission (800MSP)
    • The Hoth mission (which, although it is not sold separately, I think we can fairly describe as being worth 800MSP)

This comes to a grand total of 3200MSP, which converts to £27.20 GBP / $39.98 USD. So in other words, if you can get Ultimate Sith Edition for that price or less then you effectively are not paying for the original game again.
    Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#38  Edited By Andorski

Yea... just don't buy The Ultimate Sith Edition if you think the way the product is packaged is a rip-off.  These Star Wars fans don't have a right to get the new content.  They do have freedom to not buy that piece of crap though.

So just walk away.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Jeust
    @MrCynical:  

I agree with you, except in the fact that i haven't heard that the skin packs would be included in the Sith Edition. 

But all and all this isn't a good offer and it's blantant ripoff of the fans that got all the game and the dlcs before this Infinities dlcs.  

But all and all the dlcs doesn't even seem good enough to be remembered lol
    nrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By nrain

A petition about an average game, when will it end?

wwfundertaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 25

#41  Edited By wwfundertaker
    @jukezypoo said:
    " @Jeust said:
    " Well since petition are in the order of the day, and the unrightful policy by Lucas Arts, i came across one about the Star Wars TFU Infinities storyline. 

http://www.petitiononline.com/swis1166/petition.html "
    ....what? "
    What?????????

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.