Follow

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released Sep 16, 2008

Set before the events of the original Star Wars trilogy, The Force Unleashed casts the player as Darth Vader's secret apprentice tasked with hunting down the last of the Jedi Order.

Worst endings ever. (spoilers...duh)

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Pibo47

Ok, i havnt gotten the dark side ending yet, but the light side one has you get killed by sidious even though your like 20x more powerful than him....everything star wars was shitty endings.

cgrady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By cgrady

obviously he wasnt more powerful. he couldnt handle it and dies during the struggle and the emperor lives.

Burns09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Burns09

Ok not to be mean but Sidious does not kill him. Now I know this is going to sound ultra nerd but he actually opens up his body to the force. If you go back and watch the cut scene  again you will notice that the emporer's whole observation platform has bee destroyed. Starkiller is a lot stronger than the palpatine but has not been fully trained. His force lightning is so strong that befor this the only one able to withstand it was yoda and even he had trouble, but the aprentice absorbs it in his hands and pushes back palpatine. The reason he sacrifises himself at the end is to let the rebles and juno escape. So he did defeat the emporor and vader so to speake, and in the end becomes stronger than ever by becoming one with the force. Yes, I know my star wars.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Pibo47
    Burns09 said:
    "Ok not to be mean but Sidious does not kill him. Now I know this is going to sound ultra nerd but he actually opens up his body to the force. If you go back and watch the cut scene  again you will notice that the emporer's whole observation platform has bee destroyed. Starkiller is a lot stronger than the palpatine but has not been fully trained. His force lightning is so strong that befor this the only one able to withstand it was yoda and even he had trouble, but the aprentice absorbs it in his hands and pushes back palpatine. The reason he sacrifises himself at the end is to let the rebles and juno escape. So he did defeat the emporor and vader so to speake, and in the end becomes stronger than ever by becoming one with the force. Yes, I know my star wars."
    How did he beat the emperor if he died? Thats called losing dude, and why didnt he just escape with juno and company?
    Burns09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Burns09

Well he had to save Rohm kota cause he was getting zapped and if he didn't stay behind the rebles would not have escaped. What I'm trying to say is he stopped the emperor from killing the rebles and helped start the alliance. He really did kill himself in the end, but he did stop both of the sith lords from killing the senators.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By wefwefasdf

Everybody lost! Everyone deserved to die! Muahahaha

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Pibo47
    Burns09 said:
    "Well he had to save Rohm kota cause he was getting zapped and if he didn't stay behind the rebles would not have escaped. What I'm trying to say is he stopped the emperor from killing the rebles and helped start the alliance. He really did kill himself in the end, but he did stop both of the sith lords from killing the senators."
    But why kill yourself when you could escape to fight another day?
    TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By TheHBK

I am just gonna say that it is bullshit that there would be someone so much stronger than the emperor or yoda.  Comparatively, it makes the existence of Anakin seem like just another jedi.  This starkiller stuff is bullshit, it spits in the face of how powerful the jedi can be or any that have existed before.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Pibo47
    Fragstoff said:
    ""STARKILLER, STOP! You can't kill the emperor, the original movies won't make sense then!""
    lol. I wish this game wasnt cannon, that way we could have a non-shitty ending.
    Muze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Muze

I liked the light side ending, he died to protect the senators so they could form the Rebel Alliance.

And he did it in the name of LOVE.

cgrady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By cgrady

ending isnt shitty at all. shows us the formation of the rebel alliance. what more could you ask for? a non canon ending is pointless

Damonation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By Damonation

So what is the other ending? Is it better?

Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#13  Edited By Lies

I thought the ending was pretty great actually, although it did seem just a little shoehorned, because Starkiller had to die...

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By Jayge_

Starkiller wasn't the strongest ever. The Skywalker family only gets stronger and stronger.

Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Lies

The darkside ending, if anyone is interested:

Starkiller lets Kota get lightninged by Palpatine, and instead goes after Vader. Starkiller pulls Vader's saber from him, stabs him in the chest, then in the back, and Vader dies. Then he goes to the Emperor, who tells him he must kill Kota to finally become a Sith. Starkiller is torn, draws his lightsaber, then tries to kill Palpatine, who draws his own Lightsaber. Palpatine says he knew he would betray him, and throws him out a window, where he sees the dead body of Bail Organa. He says: "no!", then you see the Rogue Shadow coming down to pick Starkiller up, but the Emperor grabs it with the Force and slams it into Starkiller.

Starkiller wakes up on an operating table, just like Vader does in episode 3. He's got some cybernetic replacements and a mask. Palpaine says he had great potential, but now he was just like Vader. Palpatine would use him for his needs, then cast him away when someone stronger comes.

I dunno, I really liked the Light Side ending a lot better.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Pibo47
    Lies said:
    "The darkside ending, if anyone is interested:

Starkiller lets Kota get lightninged by Palpatine, and instead goes after Vader. Starkiller pulls Vader's saber from him, stabs him in the chest, then in the back, and Vader dies. Then he goes to the Emperor, who tells him he must kill Kota to finally become a Sith. Starkiller is torn, draws his lightsaber, then tries to kill Palpatine, who draws his own Lightsaber. Palpatine says he knew he would betray him, and throws him out a window, where he sees the dead body of Bail Organa. He says: "no!", then you see the Rogue Shadow coming down to pick Starkiller up, but the Emperor grabs it with the Force and slams it into Starkiller.

Starkiller wakes up on an operating table, just like Vader does in episode 3. He's got some cybernetic replacements and a mask. Palpaine says he had great potential, but now he was just like Vader. Palpatine would use him for his needs, then cast him away when someone stronger comes.

I dunno, I really liked the Light Side ending a lot better."
    They both suck. IMO atleast.
    giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By giyanks22
    Pibo47 said:
    "Burns09 said:
    "Ok not to be mean but Sidious does not kill him. Now I know this is going to sound ultra nerd but he actually opens up his body to the force. If you go back and watch the cut scene  again you will notice that the emporer's whole observation platform has bee destroyed. Starkiller is a lot stronger than the palpatine but has not been fully trained. His force lightning is so strong that befor this the only one able to withstand it was yoda and even he had trouble, but the aprentice absorbs it in his hands and pushes back palpatine. The reason he sacrifises himself at the end is to let the rebles and juno escape. So he did defeat the emporor and vader so to speake, and in the end becomes stronger than ever by becoming one with the force. Yes, I know my star wars."
    How did he beat the emperor if he died? Thats called losing dude, and why didnt he just escape with juno and company?"
    I haven't done darkside...how do you choose, or does it just randomly pick it? Um... But what he means is that when Starkiller was killed his death inspired Mon Mothma, Bail Organa...etc. to finish what Starkiller started. At the end you hear Kota say "Now he is even more powerful, because he is one with the force." The Emperor is more powerful than Starkiller when they are in human form, because think about it the Emperor is in his 80s or what have you, and Starkiller is 18-21. The only time Sidious ever unleashed his force powers was in Episode 3, and Episode 6. The rest of the time he is studying Sith holocrons or training an apprentice. Sidious had 50 years of just studying Sith powers, and Sidious also has the highest Midichlorian count ever, because he used the Kyber Crystal. Starkiller is what Anakin would have become if he wasn't arrogant and got raped by Obi Wan. The whole point of the light side ending is that Starkiller was the opposite of Vader. Vader started out as a great Jedi, and then became an evil Sith. Starkiller is the opposite. Vader is like Starkiller's father figure, because Vader knows he will never be able to unleash his full potential....unless you use the alternate ending in the game Episode 3 lol.
    Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Lies
    giyanks22 said:
    "Pibo47 said:
    "Burns09 said:
    How did he beat the emperor if he died? Thats called losing dude, and why didnt he just escape with juno and company?"
    I haven't done darkside...how do you choose, or does it just randomly pick it? Um... But what he means is that when Starkiller was killed his death inspired Mon Mothma, Bail Organa...etc. to finish what Starkiller started. At the end you hear Kota say "Now he is even more powerful, because he is one with the force." The Emperor is more powerful than Starkiller when they are in human form, because think about it the Emperor is in his 80s or what have you, and Starkiller is 18-21. The only time Sidious ever unleashed his force powers was in Episode 3, and Episode 6. The rest of the time he is studying Sith holocrons or training an apprentice. Sidious had 50 years of just studying Sith powers, and Sidious also has the highest Midichlorian count ever, because he used the Kyber Crystal. Starkiller is what Anakin would have become if he wasn't arrogant and got raped by Obi Wan. The whole point of the light side ending is that Starkiller was the opposite of Vader. Vader started out as a great Jedi, and then became an evil Sith. Starkiller is the opposite. Vader is like Starkiller's father figure, because Vader knows he will never be able to unleash his full potential....unless you use the alternate ending in the game Episode 3 lol."
    To get the darkside ending, right after Sidious starts doing Force Lightning on Kota, jump down and to the right, off the walkway. Vader's down there, and you have to fight him again.
    Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19  Edited By Willy105

That was a fantastic ending. Especially the epilogue when the rebellion was created.

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#20  Edited By papercut

i just beat the game and thought it was great, the sith ending is crap

it sucks Starkiller had to die but he had to (even though id like a sw:tfu2). Not just because he isn't in any of the other movies, but because no one could have made it off the death star if he hadn't sacrificed himself.

if you look back at the cut scene, the emperor starts to kill Kota with force lighting, and Starkiller jumps in to block it. yes he probably could have attacked the emperor, but just then a ton of stormtroopers bust in.so now its Starkiller versus the entire empire while a gimp Kota and a bunch of chained up senators.  he couldnt protect all of them, block the emperors attack, block them from a bigillion blaster shots, and vader (who took a really long time getting up) all at the same time.

so Starkiller makes big boom, rebels get away, rebel alliance is created, on to a new hope.

Two

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21  Edited By Two

Starkiller really did win, in the end. He created the Rebel Alliance, and made sure they survived... and then the rebels eventually destroyed the empire. It's a shame he wasn't around for that :(

Maybe he'll be a force ghost in Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2. And yes, I'm pretty sure they'll be one (even with Lucas Arts losing a lot of it's staff). Everyone likes money, and this game sold quite well, and still is.

LightYagami245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 10

#22  Edited By LightYagami245
    Damonation said:
    "So what is the other ending? Is it better?"
    Not by much, but it's better than the Light side ending.
    EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#23  Edited By EpicSteve
    Pibo47 said:
    "Burns09 said:
    "Well he had to save Rohm kota cause he was getting zapped and if he didn't stay behind the rebles would not have escaped. What I'm trying to say is he stopped the emperor from killing the rebles and helped start the alliance. He really did kill himself in the end, but he did stop both of the sith lords from killing the senators."
    But why kill yourself when you could escape to fight another day?"
    He sacrificed himself as an inspiration to the rebellion. 
    vigorousjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 41

#24  Edited By vigorousjammer

if a Force Unleashed 2 happens, I want it to be set in the same time period as the original trilogy, except from a different perspective...

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#25  Edited By jakob187
    Pibo47 said:
    "  Ok, i havnt gotten the dark side ending yet, but the light side one has you get killed by sidious even though your like 20x more powerful than him....everything star wars was shitty endings."
    WHOA WHOA WHOA!  HOLD THE PHONE!!!  Empire, sir.  Empire.  There are no happy endings in Empire.  Hans is fucked.  Luke finds out he's got a crush on his sister.  Leia finds out her brother is the messiah.  R2 and C3PO are fucked.  In short...greatest ending possible in a movie.
    MarkMacDonald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MarkMacDonald

I found Resident Evil 4's ending pretty bad, but it was sort of hilariously bad.

"Ashley - So...uh... after you take me back to my place... how about we do some....overtime.
    Leon - Hah, sorry.
    Ashley - Somehow I knew you'd say that, but, it doesn't hurt to ask you know..."

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Pibo47
    MarkMacDonald said:
    "I found Resident Evil 4's ending pretty bad, but it was sort of hilariously bad.

"Ashley - So...uh... after you take me back to my place... how about we do some....overtime.
    Leon - Hah, sorry.
    Ashley - Somehow I knew you'd say that, but, it doesn't hurt to ask you know...""
    Yea, that was pretty shitty.
    DeadlyPain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By DeadlyPain

Wait.....the main characters dies in the "light side" ending?
    i wouldn't call the main character dying a "light" way to end a game o_O

thats one mindfuck right there, Hey guys! im about to finish the game! - WHAT i died!........FUCK, i knew i should chose the dark side.......
    If only that happened in the film - Luke im your father - Really? Sweet, looks like i got a long life ahead of me - o_O lmao

nah, im just messing with ya head - he worked for darth vadar, he deserved to die ;) lol

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#29  Edited By Jeust
    DeadlyPain said:
    Wait.....the main characters dies in the "light side" ending?i wouldn't call the main character dying a "light" way to end ... [more]

Thinking outside of the box, since the game is cannon, he had to die 'cause we don't see him in the following movies, and his disappearence would be hard to explain. 

That aside they were nice compressed star wars magic. Dying in the name of love yet again following the path of anakin, or living yet to serve another master  like vader.

It couldn't be much else...  unless the apprendice ruled the galaxy in the dark side ending... well that would be rad! But it would be asking for too much perhaps...

To everyone that is a "skywalker family is the stronger" fanatic, the "force works in misterious ways..." and anakin and luke destroyed the emperor not by force, but by loooooove and... male bounding. So palpatine was at that time possibly stronger than the two of them. :p

Anakin was the chosen one, but that doesn't make it the strongest to have ever existed.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.