Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Dec 20, 2011

Star Wars: The Old Republic is a massively-multiplayer role-playing game set 300 years after the events of BioWare's Knights of the Old Republic series, but still approximately 3,600 years before the events of the films.

1.1 patch = awesome.

• 52 results
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By CL60

Looks like it's a huge patch, adds a new flashpoint, adds a level 50 bracket for PVP. It does a ton. AA is finally in too. So that's good. Still no sign of high res textures though.

General

• Anti-aliasing is now available and can be enabled in the preferences menu.

Classes and Combat

General

• Healing caused by crowd control abilities no longer generates threat.
    • Tooltips for abilities modified by skill points now display correct damage values.

Guard

• This ability now transfers to a new friendly target without requiring deactivation on the previous target.
    • Activating this ability while targeting a guarded or invalid target will still toggle the Guard ability off.
    • A distinct visual effect is now present on characters using Guard on another character, and another effect is now present on the guarded character if they leave Guard’s range.

Taunt

• A new visual effect has been added to the user and the target of the Taunt ability for the duration of its effect.

Jedi Consular (Forum / Talent Calculator / Abilities)

• Project: This ability no longer shakes the screen of onlookers.

Shadow

• Battle Readiness: Now allows Combat Technique to trigger once every 3 seconds.
    • Combat Technique: Healing received through Combat Technique has been increased, scales properly at higher levels, and can only be triggered once every 4.5 seconds.
    • Slow Time: This ability’s damage has been increased by 15% and it now slows the movement speed of all affected targets.

Jedi Knight (Forum / Talent Calculator / Abilities)

• Force Leap: This ability no longer functions on Portable Holo Dancers.

Sith Inquisitor (Forum / Talent Calculator / Abilities)

Assassin

• Dark Charge: Healing received through Dark Charge has been increased, scales properly at higher levels, and can only be triggered once every 4.5 seconds.
    • Overcharge Saber: Now allows Dark Charge to trigger once every 3 seconds.
    • Wither: Damage has been increased by 15% and it now slows the movement speed of all affected targets.

Sith Warrior (Forum / Talent Calculator / Abilities)

• Intercede: This ability no longer functions on Portable Holo Dancers.
    • Shatter: this ability’s tooltip now correctly reflects its damage; damage from this ability has not been adjusted.

Imperial Agent (Forum / Talent Calculator / Abilities)

Bug Fixes

• Corrected an issue where activating cover, using Explosive Probe, and then using Snipe could cause Snipe to be interrupted.

Bounty Hunter (Forum / Talent Calculator / Abilities)

General

Companion Characters

General

• C2-N2 and 2V-R8 no longer vocalize crafting commentary during combat.
    • The Carbonized Stream companion ability no longer breaks prematurely.

Companions

Kira Carsen

• Fixed an issue that caused players to be unable to progress in Kira’s affection conversations. Players previously affected by this issue can now speak to Kira and progress normally.

Bug Fixes

• Companions will now sell trash items when requested, regardless of group size.
    • Companion healing abilities no longer apply a permanent green effect on the character.
    • Fixed an issue that caused Companion Characters to sometimes have the incorrect appearance in cinematics.

Crew Skills

Bug Fixes

• Corrected an issue that prevented recently completed Crew Skill missions from showing up in the next list of available missions.
    • Fixed a bug that could cause Crew Skills a character didn’t have to appear in the Crew Skills window.
    • Players can no longer loot harvesting nodes they do not have the appropriate Crew Skill for after a group member harvests (but does not loot) a node.

Flashpoints and Operations

General

• A new level 50 Flashpoint, Kaon Under Siege, is now available for play in Normal and Hard Modes!
    • The Gav Daragon and the Ziost Shadow have been expanded to accommodate the Kaon Under Siege gateway.
    • The difficulty of some non-boss enemies in Flashpoints has been adjusted.
    • Enemies now drop credits more frequently in Flashpoints.

Flashpoints

Cademimu

• General Ortol’s rocket fire damage no longer occurs when the rocket is not active.

The Black Talon

• Some enemies in this Flashpoint are no longer invisible.

The Foundry

• Corrected an issue that could cause the final boss to become stuck at 10% health.

The Battle of Ilum

The False Emperor

• The Sith Entity’s affliction ability now properly deals damage in Hard Mode.
    • HK-47 now has the correct amount of health in Normal Mode.

Operations

Eternity Vault

• Players are now able to successfully loot the chest after defeating the Infernal Council.
    • Perimeter Defense Cannons have been re-tuned and have improved targeting behaviors.
    • Soa’s Mind Trap and Force Throw abilities no longer target the same player multiple times; they now target every player in the group once.
    • Ball lightning enemies summoned by Soa deal damage in a smaller radius.
    • The Annihilation Droid’s rocket burst attack no longer deals double damage in 16-player Operations.
    • Soa now summons fewer ball lightning enemies during the final round in 16-player Operations.

Karagga’s Palace

• Four new bosses can now be battled by players in Karagga’s Palace!
    • Players no longer get stuck attempting to exit the Karagga’s Palace phase.

Bug Fixes

Flashpoints

• Corrected an issue that prevented some enemy NPCs from spawning in Flashpoints.
    • The correct error message now displays when a player attempts to enter a different Flashpoint than the rest of the group.
    • Flashpoint gateways no longer display as orange in incorrect circumstances.
    • Fixed an issue that prevented Flashpoint difficulty from being set properly.
    • Fixed an issue that caused mapnotes directing players to some Flashpoints to not appear correctly.
    • Corrected map issues that made locating mission objectives on the Gav Daragon difficult.
    • Fixed an issue preventing some players from opening a chest after a boss fight if the group was previously defeated by the boss.

Items

General

• An Item Modification Table has been added to the Supplies areas of the Republic and Imperial Fleets.

PvP

• Battlemaster Gear Tokens have been converted into Battlemaster Commendations, which can be used to purchase any Battlemaster gear. This allows players to purchase any piece of gear instead of requiring them to purchase the piece indicated by the token.
    • Battlemaster Bags now contain Battlemaster Commendations instead of Battlemaster Gear Tokens. They still also contain Champion Commendations.

Missions and NPCs

General

• All Bonus Series missions and their required missions can now be abandoned.
    • Certain Wampas on Hoth that were preying on lower-level characters have had their level reduced.

Missions

Imperial

• Pressure Points: The Lerantha Lurker no longer engages players in combat before completing its spawn sequence.
    • Geroya be Haran: Objectives related to this mission now glow when selected.
    • In Cold Blood: Enemies that use Armor Piercing Cell during this mission no longer each stack a debuff on the player.
    • Shadow Spawn: The Sith Spawn no longer knocks players down for longer than intended.
    • Thuggish Behavior: Corrected an issue that could cause the player to remain stuck in combat during this mission. The required kills to complete this mission have been reduced.

Republic

• Climbing the Ladder: A conversation related to this mission no longer ends prematurely.
    • Droid Clean Up: Corrected an issue that caused the bonus mission to persist in the player’s mission log.
    • The Summit: The difficulty of the encounter with Sidone has been reduced.
    • Vivicar Awaits: Lowered the amount of enemies that attack the player during the step “Find a Way Past the Force Field.”

NPCs

Bug Fixes

• Jilcoln Cadera’s abilities now correctly take into account whether a player is immune from knockbacks.
    • The “Primal Destroyer” World Boss on Belsavis is now “Overwhelming” as intended.
    • The World Boss “The First” on Dromund Kaas no longer inhibits Bounty Hunter’s Rapid Shots, and Imperial Agents will no longer be knocked out of cover during combat with it.

PvP

General

• The shuttle room in Dorn Base Command Center on Hoth is no longer considered contested territory.
    • Ka on Voss is now a PvP Sanctuary.

Warzones

• Level 50 players now participate in their own Warzone bracket and will not be matched with lower-level players.

Ilum

• The daily and weekly mission objectives in Ilum now require defeating enemy players and/or collecting armaments from the center objective.
    • Players now gain increased Valor from player kills in Ilum.
    • Players now gain increased bonus Valor for kills based on the number of objectives controlled by their faction.
    • Increased bonus Valor is now granted for player kills when defending an objective your faction owns.
    • A notification is now displayed when a player gains Valor.
    • Three new respawn points have been added for each faction.
    • Companions are now restricted from the PvP objective area on Ilum.
    • Notifications are now displayed when enemy players are close to an objective.

Bug Fixes

General

• The scoreboard value for “Highest Protection Per Single Life” now functions correctly.
    • Players who have left a Warzone can no longer receive an MVP vote from teammates.
    • Your PvP status will now be toggled automatically upon leaving a PvP region.
    • Additional feedback is now provided when a player attempts to toggle their PvP flag.
    • The Bolster tooltip now more accurately represents the buff’s effects.

Huttball

• Corrected a rare issue that could cause the Frogdogs to be declared the winner in a 0-0 match even if the Rotworms held the ball last.

Ilum

• Mountable turrets in Ilum no longer deal damage to targets behind them or outside their range.
    • Turrets no longer immediately dismount the player after use.

UI

Maps

• Fixed a bug that prevented the minimap title from displaying when loading into the game or refreshing the UI.
    • Corrected an issue that caused some mapnotes to disappear from the minimap when other mapnotes were updated.

Items

• Item hyperlinks now display stats for crafted research items properly.
    • Item hyperlinks no longer display erroneous additional information relating to schematics when examined.
    • Attempting to place a non-mission item into the mission inventory now displays an error message.
    • Dragging equipment onto the character paper doll no longer prompts an item deletion notice. Items dragged to the paper doll are now equipped if possible.
    • Item set bonuses now appear on the tooltip when viewing an item on a vendor.
    • Items that can be modified now display with the correct loot color in the loot roll window.
    • Comparative tooltips now correctly display stat differences when mousing over items in the Crew Skills window.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed the tooltip display for ability cooldowns over one hour in length.
    • The interface for splitting stacks of items now displays correctly.
    • Servers that are online now always display on top of servers that are offline in the Server Select screen.
    • Corrected a typographical error in the “Additional Commands” context menu option.
    • Players nearby a player who achieves a new Legacy level no longer receive the Legacy level-up notification.
    • Legacy name display preferences now persist when travelling between planets.
    • A new confirmation dialogue now appears when submitting spam reports in game.
    • Sorting now works correctly in the Guilds tab.

Miscellaneous Bug Fixes

• The owner of a holocall conversation is no longer shown in the last frame of the cinematic.
    • The spacebar button is now recognized when a player presses it to progress after a loading screen even if the spacebar button has been re-bound.
    • Additional issues that could impact performance on Taris have been addressed.
    • Vanity pets can no longer be considered targets for any abilities.
    • Corrected an issue that could cause some preferences to reset to defaults upon area transitions.
    • An Aim Datacron on Ilum is now accessible and no longer repeats its initial cinematic once used.
    • A Datacron on Coruscant is no longer blocked by unintentional collision.
    Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By Dagbiker

Dose it add costumer service that is helpful? because i have been trapped in my ship for 5 days and had my ticket closed twice. I dont want to be down on this game, and i will probably come back to it next month, but right now its a little fucked up.

Avatar image for smashedcontrollers
    SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By SmasheControllers

When's this out?

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#4  Edited By Hailinel

But does it fix the Kardashian Ass bug?

Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By Commisar123

Did they add auto attack? It seems kinda silly they don't have it already.

SlashDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By SlashDance

@Hailinel said:

But dos it fix the Kardashian Ass bug?

That should be their number one priority right now. I'm not even kidding.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#7  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @Commisar123 Have you actually played the game? I only ask because it became immediately obvious to me exactly why they did not include an auto-attack the first time I played.
    Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Commisar123

@StarvingGamer said:

@Commisar123 Have you actually played the game? I only ask because it became immediately obvious to me exactly why they did not include an auto-attack the first time I played.

No I haven't, I would like to hear why though as that seems to run against mmo logic.

yoshimitz707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By yoshimitz707

@Dagbiker: Why can't you leave your ship?

Loose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Loose

@Dagbiker said:

Dose it add costumer service that is helpful?

That'll be introduced during the in-game Halloween event.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By StarvingGamer

@Commisar123 said:

@StarvingGamer said:

No I haven't, I would like to hear why though as that seems to run against mmo logic.

For me, removing auto-attack from TOR impacted combat in the following ways:

• A stronger connection to my character - Any time my character takes any action, it relates directly to a button press I made. It may seem like a small thing, even I was skeptical before I tried it, but it really works.
    • Smoother looking combat - This is more of a minor thing, but it always seemed somewhat silly in other MMOs that all of my character's animations would be cutting into one another as abilities would trigger mid auto-attack.
    • Removal of unnecessary complexity - This is a super specific thing, but to maximize my DPS in certain MMOs I would need to constantly be aware of my swing timer, and which activated abilities did or did not interfere with that timer.
    • More active combat - Combat in many MMOs follows the "initiate auto-attack, use an activated ability every 4-6 seconds" model, especially at lower levels. This makes combat incredibly boring as I end up doing more watching than playing. Turning my basic, resource-free attack into an activated ability ensures that I have something to press during every GCD.
    • More strategic combat - Having to actively decide when I want to spend my GCD on a basic attack forces me to keep my rotations fluid and my mind active during combat. I can't just turn on auto-attack and mash 4 for 20 seconds then press 5. It probably helps that as a Sith Juggernaut, my basic attack doubles as my primary resource generator.

I've played almost every MMO since Everquest and was a hardcore raider in WoW from release through most of 2007 before burning out hard on the genre. I kept buying the games but always quit after my free month because the only thing to do was combat and the combat was boring. However, the minor tweaks TOR has made to the standard MMO combat model have made combat fresh and fun again for me. I've made it to level 46 so far and I'm still enjoying getting into fights and managing my 28 hotkeys and cooldowns (although I do feel that this game suffers from a bit of ability bloat).

RIDEBIRD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By RIDEBIRD

@StarvingGamer: That's all well and good reasons, but I would suspect the reason they removed it is because they prioritize animations above actual abilities and combat, making it sluggish, and completely breaking it if you would add autoattacks since you would have to wait for them.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Good stuff we've been waiting on.

Ulain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Ulain

@Commisar123 said:

@StarvingGamer said:

Is this a troll? I'm boggled at how odd this question is.

As far as the patch, I really wish fixing the piss-poor UI was their first priority. Oh, and splitting stacks putting links into chat.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#15  Edited By project343

@Hailinel: I actually think that's intended for certain body types. The 'hulky amazon woman' type has a really flat ass.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b531a34b946c
    deactivated-5b531a34b946c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@Dagbiker said:

Dose it add costumer service that is helpful? because i have been trapped in my ship for 5 days and had my ticket closed twice. I dont want to be down on this game, and i will probably come back to it next month, but right now its a little fucked up.

Does your Fleet Pass ability work? It should teleport you from your ship to the Fleet.

metal_mills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By metal_mills

Companions

Kira Carsen

• Fixed an issue that caused players to be unable to progress in Kira’s affection conversations. Players previously affected by this issue can now speak to Kira and progress normally.

Fucking arseholes! This is bugged on heaps of characters. Mako is one of the worst why only fix Kira? FIX MAKO FFS.
    StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By StarvingGamer

@Ertard said:

@StarvingGamer: That's all well and good reasons, but I would suspect the reason they removed it is because they prioritize animations above actual abilities and combat, making it sluggish, and completely breaking it if you would add autoattacks since you would have to wait for them.

I'm not sure I follow you. If they are actively changing basic MMO combat design structure in order to make sure the combat doesn't feel sluggish, aren't they prioritizing combat? Auto-attack is a holdover from a bygone era of gaming when poor latency was a much larger issue. I can't think of a compelling argument in favor of making MMO combat less interactive.

RIDEBIRD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By RIDEBIRD

@StarvingGamer: WoWs combat is fast, fluid, arcady and feel and action is prioritized way before animations and frames. SWTOR is the opposite, and prefers to prioritize animations before action, effective locking you out from your abilities until animations are done. That's why you can't interrupt with the accuracy of a few milliseconds in SWTOR. The difference between the two is that in WoW, if you don't have GCD and press a button, that action happens instantly. In SWTOR you can do that, and even if you're off GCD you will have to wait 0.2 seconds or so til the animation is finished if you're in an animation.

Add autoattack into SWTORs current combat system, and you have effectively broken the game. Imagine having a strike you cant interrupt that you did not want to cast interrupting the ability you wanted to use. That's why it's not in.

SWTORs combat is so much more sluggish then WoW because of the listed reason. WoWs combat can LOOK janky and stupid as hell most of the time (especially during Bloodlust/Heroism), but it always feels awesome because it's direct and fast. SWTOR always looks awesome, but you feel that the game is holding you back from max DPS or just achieving that feel/flow that's so nice in WoW. There's a 30-40 something page thread on the official forums about this issue, and BW are apparently looking into it. From what I've heard it's impossible to fix due to flaws in the engine.

Avatar image for fish_face_mcgee
    Fish_Face_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By Fish_Face_McGee

@Metal_Mills: Well, presuming that all of the characters are bugged the same way, this was likely a test-case/proof-of-concept, and the rest will get fixed next round. However, it's highly likely that they're not all bugged in precisely the same way, which would explain why only one of them is getting fixed right now.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By StarvingGamer

@Ertard: Weird. I have had no problems with the combat in TOR as long as my latency was fine. My abilities that are off the GCD seem to come out when I want them to regardless of where I am animation-wise. As long as I've had rage available, I've been able to use my interrupts with no problem. Based on what you've said, it sounds like it's a widespread issue but I've remained unaffected by it all the way through level 46. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones.

Hennet_sim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Hennet_sim

I like everything but the Ilum stuff its hard to get the dally and weekly as it is.

RIDEBIRD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By RIDEBIRD

@StarvingGamer: You do have it, you're just not noticing it. It isn't a bug, it's in the game and it's meant to be that way. It's coded into the combat system to be that way.

For someone like me that has played WoW on a somewhat high level and have pretty snappy reaction time, it's very very noticeable. When questing it's totally fine, when tanking it's sometimes horrible and makes me completely lose myself and make me have no idea what I'm doing. I'm used to tanking in WoW and being very fast when it comes to picking up adds, taunting, interrupting, etcetera, here I just can't since the game stops me from doing this. It doesn't exactly help either that taunts and interrupts are on the GCD.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#24  Edited By Hailinel

@project343 said:

@Hailinel: I actually think that's intended for certain body types. The 'hulky amazon woman' type has a really flat ass.

You don't understand. Jedi robes have a comical effect on the butt.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By StarvingGamer

@Ertard: I played WoW hardcore raiding through BC but I was a Holy Priest so I was less reliant on interrupts and the GCD.

Although I am curious as to which class you are playing in ToR. I'm a Sith Juggernaut and both my Taunt and my Interrupt (Disruption?) are off the GCD.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Animasta

@Hailinel said:

@project343 said:

playing jedi is for lame people anyway

smcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#27  Edited By smcn

Not seeing patch note for the Rakata lightsabers makes me sad, guess I'll have to check out the PTR to see if it's just unlisted.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By CL60

@Hailinel said:

@project343 said:

Yeah, what he said, go look at my topic about it. It looks fine when you preview it, but when you actually put it on, your ass becomes massive.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@StarvingGamer said:

@Commisar123 said:

@StarvingGamer said:

For me, removing auto-attack from TOR impacted combat in the following ways:

• A stronger connection to my character - Any time my character takes any action, it relates directly to a button press I made. It may seem like a small thing, even I was skeptical before I tried it, but it really works.
    • Smoother looking combat - This is more of a minor thing, but it always seemed somewhat silly in other MMOs that all of my character's animations would be cutting into one another as abilities would trigger mid auto-attack.
    • Removal of unnecessary complexity - This is a super specific thing, but to maximize my DPS in certain MMOs I would need to constantly be aware of my swing timer, and which activated abilities did or did not interfere with that timer.
    • More active combat - Combat in many MMOs follows the "initiate auto-attack, use an activated ability every 4-6 seconds" model, especially at lower levels. This makes combat incredibly boring as I end up doing more watching than playing. Turning my basic, resource-free attack into an activated ability ensures that I have something to press during every GCD.
    • More strategic combat - Having to actively decide when I want to spend my GCD on a basic attack forces me to keep my rotations fluid and my mind active during combat. I can't just turn on auto-attack and mash 4 for 20 seconds then press 5. It probably helps that as a Sith Juggernaut, my basic attack doubles as my primary resource generator.

I've played almost every MMO since Everquest and was a hardcore raider in WoW from release through most of 2007 before burning out hard on the genre. I kept buying the games but always quit after my free month because the only thing to do was combat and the combat was boring. However, the minor tweaks TOR has made to the standard MMO combat model have made combat fresh and fun again for me. I've made it to level 46 so far and I'm still enjoying getting into fights and managing my 28 hotkeys and cooldowns (although I do feel that this game suffers from a bit of ability bloat).

Yes, auto attack is bad. Even this little bit of a change makes the combat more refreshing for me.

Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Commisar123

@StarvingGamer: Okay those sound like pretty good reasons.

@Ulain:No its not a troll I was honestly interested in why someone would like it.

yinstarrunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By yinstarrunner
    @Ertard As a Vanguard, my main taunt and interrupt are NOT on the GCD. Neither is my shield ability.
    RIDEBIRD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By RIDEBIRD

@StarvingGamer: @yinstarrunner: You sirs are correct, combat is still sluggish tho!

Cancelled my account today, got 20 more days, but I feel super meh about everything. Got to Nar Shadaa as BH but it's just not there.

warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By warxsnake

I dont get why enabling high res textures is a huge deal to fix, they already show up in cinematics, dialog, and character select screen.

Maybe they have streaming issues regarding the higher res textures when theres hundreds of players in a zone.

Nephrahim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Nephrahim

Even abilities that are off the GCD take FOREVER to actually happen. My riposte as Jedi Knight takes a good half a second at least to hit.

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Pinworm45

Still no fix for the tons of people getting abyssmal FPS in warzones despite excellent PCs = still not interested in continuing to play. it's fucking retarded that I need to get on my girlfriends inferior PC to play a match of Huttball.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Turambar

Now here's a dumb question.  How do you switch between normal and hardmode for a flashpoint?

sins_of_mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#37  Edited By sins_of_mosin

I see no reason why there needs to be an auto attack. That is a long list of fixes and its nice to see that they are already adding and expanding content. Now if they could just fix the bug that shows a fourth crew skill.

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

People who are clamoring for auto attack haven't actually played the game. Also, there's definitely a focus on combat, not animations. My interrupts happen instantaneously.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By MeierTheRed

Looks good to me

Robo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Robo

The lack of auto-attack is fine. I don't miss it. Then again I mainly played characters in WoW that were a constant stream of prioritized and precisely-timed abilities.

They need to tighten up the animations or something though. A lot of the time on my Tanksassin combat feels very choppy or laggy. It can be very hard to manage in more frantic multi-enemy fights. it isn't even just the global cooldown, there's a just a weird latency between a lot of attacks and their effects. Even ones unaffected by the gcd. And considering I've never seen my latency dip past like 60, that isn't the problem either.

Good to see they're addressing Dark Charge. As it is, the heal on that ability is completely useless.

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#41  Edited By artelinarose

No hood toggle, no purchase!

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#42  Edited By jakob187

@Commisar123 said:

No, they didn't...and they shouldn't. I personally like it when a game has no auto attack (LOTRO, DDO, TOR, etc).

Also, that looks like a good list of shit that they knocked out. VERY happy about them fixing Cademimu. That Ortol bug was fucking HORSESHIT!

Robo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Robo

@Artemesia: Yeah that'd be kinda nice.

As it is now, if your chest item has a hood that you can wear, it'll be up if you have your head item hidden or if you're wearing a head item that still allows the hood.

Not sure if it's the same for Republic. They seem less into actually wearing hoods.

Avatar image for smashedcontrollers
    SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@Artemesia: That's already in-game, you can turn off helmets and hoods, which also remove voice modifications

Avatar image for scrumdidlyumptious
    Scrumdidlyumptious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish they'd make it possible to open up the equip screens of every companion you have and give gifts to a companion of your choice without having them summoned

Anund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Anund

@Robo said:

The lack of auto-attack is fine. I don't miss it. Then again I mainly played characters in WoW that were a constant stream of prioritized and precisely-timed abilities.

They need to tighten up the animations or something though. A lot of the time on my Tanksassin combat feels very choppy or laggy. It can be very hard to manage in more frantic multi-enemy fights. it isn't even just the global cooldown, there's a just a weird latency between a lot of attacks and their effects. Even ones unaffected by the gcd. And considering I've never seen my latency dip past like 60, that isn't the problem either.

Good to see they're addressing Dark Charge. As it is, the heal on that ability is completely useless.

That tells me you don't know what latency is. Latency is basically a measure of connection quality and the more it "dips" the better it is: a lower number is better. FPS on the other hand is frames per second and related only to your own hardware: it's a measure of how well your computer runs the game. Here a higher number is better.

Your FPS could be sky high, but your abilities would still lag if your connection is bad, which is what I suspect is happening here because I have experienced nothing like this. Some abilities may take a short while to finish, but they initiate instantly.

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#47  Edited By artelinarose

@SmasheControllers said:

@Artemesia: That's already in-game, you can turn off helmets and hoods, which also remove voice modifications

Not if the hood is part of the chest armor.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#48  Edited By veektarius

@SamDrugbringer: On my laptop, things were like that. On my desktop, which is a more powerful machine, attack effects are instant. Might be an issue with your rig.

Buscemi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Buscemi

@StarvingGamer said:

I've played almost every MMO since Everquest and was a hardcore raider in WoW from release through most of 2007 before burning out hard on the genre. I kept buying the games but always quit after my free month because the only thing to do was combat and the combat was boring.

I hate to be that guy... but I've had a bad day. Really?

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @Titus Haha, ok, every big MMO release. Not the random stuff.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.