Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Dec 20, 2011

Star Wars: The Old Republic is a massively-multiplayer role-playing game set 300 years after the events of BioWare's Knights of the Old Republic series, but still approximately 3,600 years before the events of the films.

Can my Macs video card run it?

arcade78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By arcade78

Hey guys, so i plan on playing this on my iMac through bootcamp, and i was wondering if the game would play well, its a relatively new machine (last year) i5 4gb RAM etc, but what im mostly wondering is if the video card will work with it, ive got an AMD Radeon HD 6770M, im relativly new to gaming on a computer as a whole and gaming on Mac further complicates it, so yeah if you could tell me if that works

cheers

inb4 Macs suck

lethalki11ler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By lethalki11ler
    @arcade78 It runs on my Mac's 320m so will work a lot better on yours. Ignore Mac Sucks comments and enjoy the game :)
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Seppli

@arcade78:

Just googled it. It says you can run Skyrim on medium. BF3 on low. And Black Ops on max.

SW:TOR should run perfectly playable on medium.

Why didn't you just google that yourself? Takes like 1 minute.

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Jams

@arcade78 said:

Hey guys, so i plan on playing this on my iMac through bootcamp, and i was wondering if the game would play well, its a relatively new machine (last year) i5 4gb RAM etc, but what im mostly wondering is if the video card will work with it, ive got an AMD Radeon HD 6770M, im relativly new to gaming on a computer as a whole and gaming on Mac further complicates it, so yeah if you could tell me if that works

cheers

inb4 Macs suck

My cousin runs it off of a mac book pro but I think it might be a higher tier one. He says he maxed the graphics out too.

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Zelyre

Yeah. Should run fine. I do wish there was a native OSX client, though.

It runs ok on my 13" Macbook Pro with Intel HD3000 on low. Its a trashy integrated graphics solution, so a 6770m should blow that away.

arcade78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By arcade78

Alright all thanks for the help

@Seppli: Yeah...didnt occur to me haha but thats some useful info, cheers

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.