Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Dec 20, 2011

Star Wars: The Old Republic is a massively-multiplayer role-playing game set 300 years after the events of BioWare's Knights of the Old Republic series, but still approximately 3,600 years before the events of the films.

Did I miss the notice?

azteris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By azteris

That all the servers would be down right now? I was looking forward to some late night questing, but it shows that all servers are offline when I load up the game.

Nickolas_Moore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Nickolas_Moore

I guess I missed it too :(

I WANT TO KILL

kevlar907

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By kevlar907

They are doing maintenance, just logged off.

defaultprophet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By defaultprophet

Maintenance bros. Sucks.

azteris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By azteris

Any time frame posted? I feel like the day after your game comes out is a pretty unideal time to do maintenance.

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SamStrife

In Biowares defence, it was posted not only all over their website but also on the launcher for the game over a wekk ago that they'd be doing maintenance now.

happypup70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By happypup70

Don't know how long, same boat as you. My problem is they said when the servers go down check the forums. The forums and the rest of the sight seem to be offline as well. I don't mind server downtime, but where is the forums?

Dingofighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Dingofighter

I think it will be back up in about 3 or 4 hours or something like that.

happypup70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By happypup70

Just looked around, about three hours, maybe longer, is what I found

azteris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By azteris

@SamStrife said:

In Biowares defence, it was posted not only all over their website but also on the launcher for the game over a wekk ago that they'd be doing maintenance now.

I checked their site before it went down and did not see it anywhere posted. Nor did I see it the few times I booted up the launcher. Also, the game came out yesterday, it doesn't really matter if a week ago it said it was going to happen, it's still a terrible time to do it.

happypup70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By happypup70

The thing is: I was online when the servers went down, I knew about the update, but I can't get on to the SWTOR forums because the website is also down. That wouldn't be a problem as such, but as they counted down to the server shutdown they said visit the forums for more information. Tried, Can't, now what?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b531a34b946c
    deactivated-5b531a34b946c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I knew maintenance was happening today, but I didn't know when. I guess 3 am Eastern makes sense. Some looking on the web said that if it's not extended, it should be about 4 hours.

I got booted out while doing the Essells or whatever it's called for the first time. That kind of sucked.

Avatar image for thekingoftoilets
    thekingoftoilets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By thekingoftoilets

They want everyone to sign up for a subscription prior to the servers opening up again. I already signed up for another month, but I wonder why they did it this way?

Ulain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Ulain

@thekingoftoilets: From a business standpoint, makes sense to me to try and get more cash out of your customers; "insurance" if you will if people decide to drop after the month of gametime is up. I like it, but I'm trying to be confident that I will be giving them several months (God forbid YEARS) worth of my income :P

I just wish they listed these maintenance times and such in Pacific Standard Time. Just seems a bit odd given half their servers are "West Coast", yet given in Central and Greenwich Mean.

CptChiken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By CptChiken

With the amount of traffic they will be getting i am not surprised that the servers need a little maintenance, just get some sleep and you'll beable to play it tomorrow morning.

shotaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By shotaro

@animathias said:

I knew maintenance was happening today, but I didn't know when. I guess 3 am Eastern makes sense. Some looking on the web said that if it's not extended, it should be about 4 hours.

I got booted out while doing the Essells or whatever it's called for the first time. That kind of sucked.

heh - similar thing happenned to us on the last night of early access. A party of four tried to do it in an hour and we were loading the final conversation when it booted us out to server screen. Which totally sucked.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b531a34b946c
    deactivated-5b531a34b946c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just so you folks know, when you try to login it gives a little bit of information:

"We expect the servers to be available again by 6 AM CST (12 PM GMT/1 PM CET - 7 AM EST/4 AM PST.) Please check the official SWTOR Twitter page for more infromation and updates."

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.