Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Dec 20, 2011

Star Wars: The Old Republic is a massively-multiplayer role-playing game set 300 years after the events of BioWare's Knights of the Old Republic series, but still approximately 3,600 years before the events of the films.

Graphics issue.

DoctorDanger99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DoctorDanger99

first,let me say that am i a total idiot when it comes to computer gaming.i have zero idea as to what in the fuck im doing. now that ive said that,ive been trying to play it since it went free to play and it seems im having some issues. the game seems to play fine,even on the higher settings. yet for some reason there are either black bars or colored bars constantly blocking the screen. somtimes if i move the camera around they go away but usually come back.ive tried messing with the graphic settings,even putting them as low as they will go and aside from it looking uglier,the problem remains.

other than that ive enjoyed what ive played so far but this is an issue that is seriously making it allmost impossible to play. any help would be great.thanks guys!

Silver-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Silver-Streak

If this isn't happening in other games (which would be an indicator of corrupt graphics drivers or a bad video card)

It could be a corrupt install of TOR and/or something wonky with your current video criver.

DoctorDanger99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DoctorDanger99

@Eujin: i wouldnt know if this happens with other games as im playing it on my girlfriends laptop. aside from her playing the sims 3 and somtimes LOTR online its mostly used for school work. again im clueless as to how pc and laptops and such work but theres never been an issue with it until now.

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
    connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By connerthekewlkid

are the bars your seeing randomly stretching green bars?

DoctorDanger99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DoctorDanger99

@connerthekewlkid: yeah from top to bottom. somtimes they are green,somtimes black or yellow and such.

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
    connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By connerthekewlkid

@DoctorDanger99: i remember having greens stretch marks on the game but i dont know about it you could always verify game integrity at the launcher

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.