Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Dec 20, 2011

Star Wars: The Old Republic is a massively-multiplayer role-playing game set 300 years after the events of BioWare's Knights of the Old Republic series, but still approximately 3,600 years before the events of the films.

Hey, Are You Still Playing Star Wars: The Old Republic?

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#651  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

@Hailinel said:

Again, this is the first year in three decades in which NIntendo posted a financial loss. And losing roughly $500 million in one year is far better than losing nearly $2 billion over the course of three years.

You're really not grasping that he simply meant -$500m is worse than -$276m. He made no comment on either company. He was saying one number is worse than the other. No one gives a shit about either company.

@Giantstalker said:

My comment was never about a complete comparison of EA and Nintendo. Just that EA's next loss, whatever it'll be, will probably be less than Nintendo's.

What you're saying is absolutely correct, but it's also not really what I was talking about. Ah well...

This.

EberKain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#652  Edited By EberKain

I dropped after my first month too, when I saw the 1.2 patch notes I had to re-up, and its been like a whole other game, so many bug fixes and problems I had are now gone. My wife and I have logged almost 300 hours each since the patch, no signs of stopping. This is the first game I have ever been able to say this honestly, "there is plenty of content", and they are steady working on bugs and features. Loving the game.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#653  Edited By SeriouslyNow

@Rolyatkcinmai said:

@Hailinel said:

Again, this is the first year in three decades in which NIntendo posted a financial loss. And losing roughly $500 million in one year is far better than losing nearly $2 billion over the course of three years.

You're really not grasping that he simply meant -$500m is worse than -$276m. He made no comment on either company. He was saying one number is worse than the other. No one gives a shit about either company.

@Giantstalker said:

My comment was never about a complete comparison of EA and Nintendo. Just that EA's next loss, whatever it'll be, will probably be less than Nintendo's.

What you're saying is absolutely correct, but it's also not really what I was talking about. Ah well...

This.

Actually I'd wager that EA's loss could turn out to be a lot worse. Nintendo has taken the loss prior to the release of the Wii U whereas EA's loss is post their major release schedule so if the Wii U bolsters figures substantially (and it likely will at least in the short term) Nintendo could will eclipse their loss rather quickly will EA don't really have any huge block busters in the pipe which they've announced (Crysis 3 certainly won't save them figures wise). Of course, the Wii U could also be a huge failure but odds on it won't be because Nintendo are consistent in creating brand loyalty.

Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
    rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#654  Edited By rollingzeppelin

This reminded me to cancel my xbox live sub, thanks!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.