Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Dec 20, 2011

Star Wars: The Old Republic is a massively-multiplayer role-playing game set 300 years after the events of BioWare's Knights of the Old Republic series, but still approximately 3,600 years before the events of the films.

Is anyone playing a Jedi Knight/Sith Warrior? How is it?

Nephrahim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Nephrahim

Looking to roll this class (The jedi specifically, but they're the same.) but I've seen a fair amount of QQ on the ToR forums about the class. Wondering if anyone here has any words about them.

Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Addfwyn

MMO players are pretty notorious to QQ on class forums, people who are content rarely log on to say how content they are.

The game isn't exactly hard, so if that's the class story that interests you the most, I'd say just go ahead and go with it.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Wemibelle

Played through the first area as Jedi Knight on one of the beta weekends. If it's story you're wondering about, I found it fairly dull, especially compared to other's I have heard about.

FunkyFox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By FunkyFox

I'm playing as Warrior (Marauder specifically). I enjoy how it plays; nice, high DPS, elites pose no problems. No real AoE and no crowd-control until 30 (and then only on droids). I've run a few 4 person heroics with only 2 people, so the class can't be that underpowered. Also had no issues soloing most anything that's meant to be soloed.

In comparison to other classes, I seem to out-DPS most I run with. The lack of AoE and crowd-control makes solo leveling perhaps a bit worse, but not hugely so.

I'm running Annihilation spec with a touch of Carnage.

And I know Sith, at least, get Force Choke. Which is really fun.

EDIT: I'm only about level 31 though, so this may change at high levels.

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#5  Edited By galiant

I'm a level 25 Jedi Guardian and I really like where the story is headed, especially with my companions. I'm having fun with it, even more so since I removed the dark/light gain on conversation options so that I can't tell as easily which is the "right" choice, I just go with my gut.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By Oldirtybearon

Level 12 Sith Marauder, and it's been an effin' blast. I'm a solo player, so I don't really do much as far as group quests are concerned, but I've definitely loved my class story and what's going on in general.

Nephrahim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Nephrahim

@Addfwyn said:

MMO players are pretty notorious to QQ on class forums, people who are content rarely log on to say how content they are.

The game isn't exactly hard, so if that's the class story that interests you the most, I'd say just go ahead and go with it.

Oh I'm aware. I've been to the WoW forums. Still, this QQ was slightly elevated from the baseline I come to expect. Enough to solicit some more opinions.

I've also heard the story is a little meh compared to the others. Still, I do love playing a jedi, and my friend's already got the shadow, so I'll try it out.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8  Edited By Seppli

@Galiant said:

I'm a level 25 Jedi Guardian and I really like where the story is headed, especially with my companions. I'm having fun with it, even more so since I removed the dark/light gain on conversation options so that I can't tell as easily which is the "right" choice, I just go with my gut.

Did the same thing and it feels better to me too. I kinda got suckered into whoring for Dark Side Points by trying to please my first class companion and after a while it really cheapend the experience. Turned off the indications and I'm having a lot more fun in conversations again.

Ulain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ulain

@SamDrugbringer said:

@Addfwyn said:

Oh I'm aware. I've been to the WoW forums. Still, this QQ was slightly elevated from the baseline I come to expect. Enough to solicit some more opinions.

I've also heard the story is a little meh compared to the others. Still, I do love playing a jedi, and my friend's already got the shadow, so I'll try it out.

I would assume you did play WoW then? Just looking at the abilities and a few comments I've read/heard, they play very similarly to a Warrior, protection-spec especially. Whether that is a good or bad thing depends on you; I personally would like to play something *different* from WoW, but I'd say if you want to play it, play it.

Easier said than done, but if you're having fun, you won't notice if you're underpowered.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

The Jedi Knight starts pretty badly, but gets very vital to the overall world later.

Odeeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Odeeze

So far I have been loving my Sith Juggernaut. I never really had the feeling that the class was under powered only real annoying part is the lack of any cleave type move till around 36ish. Plus you have the force leap which is one of the best abilities ever.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#12  Edited By project343

I enjoyed what I played of both the Sentinel and Marauder. Stories were both fine. Jedi Knight's story is fairly typical and predictable, but is exactly what you'd want from it.

As far as gameplay goes, I can't stand it. I mean, it feels fine. But I've never been a fan of the rage energy resource. I don't like to rush into battles with nothing and build to something--I'd rather carefully manage a resource to make sure I don't drain out. Suppose it explains why I always play healers.

Metalhead79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Metalhead79

@RiotBananas said:

Playing a Jedi Knight on Peragus Mining Facility cause my Uncle is there. I'd rather be my Bounty Hunter but I'm all alone on that character. Rolling again isn't my cup of tea, especially with all dat cutscene. Gameplay is pretty generic on a JK to be honest, not as fun as Bounty Hunter IMO.

You could always play a trooper since they're the BH mirror. FYI, spacebar will skip through a cutscene.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By CL60

First thing, don't listen to somebody if they tell you the Jedi Knight story is bad when they haven't gotten very far into it. It starts to get pretty great.

Nephrahim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Nephrahim

Thanks for the encouragement guys.

I got to 10, and I thought it was pretty sweet.

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By frytup

@FunkyFox said:

I'm playing as Warrior (Marauder specifically).

Also 31 marauder. Assuming you keep your mods upgraded, DPS is very good. If I had a complaint, it would be that marauder spec is a bit too squishy. I had to abandon my DPS companion and go with the healer just to keep myself alive in PvE boss fights. Of course, you can always go tank spec if you want.

I've only played a jedi to level 2, but general consensus seems to be that sith warrior, sith inquisitor, and imperial agent have the best stories.

Sitoxity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18  Edited By Sitoxity

Level 31 Sith Juggernaut here. Tanking is fun, damage can get soaked up with the numerous damage reducing abilities you have, though you can do a fair amount of damage. Companions so far are useful too.

Story-wise? I'm thoroughly enjoying it. It's very interesting and it's keeping me hooked.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.