Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Dec 20, 2011

Star Wars: The Old Republic is a massively-multiplayer role-playing game set 300 years after the events of BioWare's Knights of the Old Republic series, but still approximately 3,600 years before the events of the films.

I've run into a game breaking bug(for me)

metal_mills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By metal_mills

I'm mainly playing for the story which I'm actually really enjoying. One thing I find important about Bioware game and other similar ones are the companions. I have a bug where I can't talk to any companion. It shows they want to talk so I go to my ship and it vanishes. Then at the end of Act 1 they all worked and queued up so I had like 5 conversations at once. Now in act 2 it's gone and done it again! It's ruining the game for me and I'm missing out on companion quests too. I went on to their forum and it seems a lot of other people have the same issue. How wasn't this discovered in the beta? Or fixed yet? The thead about the issue was made over a week ago and still no news. If I'm missing a large chunk of the story, what am I even playing for?

Sitoxity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Sitoxity

It wasn't discovered because it worked in Beta. It seems to be quite temperamental. Keep going back to Cantinas and your ship and you'll come across them eventually.

I've sent more than one ticket about it and they do know about the issue.

A good tip would be to right click on them when the icon appears. If they say they want to talk, go do it. If they don't just ignore it and move on.

It's frustrating and annoying, but it's something we have to deal with for the time being. It's been better than it has been, but it's still something that we'll need to wait for them to properly fix.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

If that is ruining the game for you, man. It'll be fixed in time.

devilzrule27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By devilzrule27

Keep submitting tickets.

metal_mills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By metal_mills
    @Brodehouse said:

If that is ruining the game for you, man. It'll be fixed in time.

I don't care about MMO stuff. I care about story. And having a large part of that story bugged kinda sucks. How would you like playing ME2 with out talking to companions or doing their quests? The game would be average at best.
    Sitoxity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By Sitoxity

@devilzrule27: Getting responses that say "We're aware of the issue" won't help. Bugging them constantly won't get it fixed faster.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb67033e3422
    deactivated-5bb67033e3422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm staying out of game right now as I have a huge bug were I can't send emails to alts and emails from other people can't get to me = ( maybe back in a month or two.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Metal_Mills The loyalty and recruitment quests were about 70-80% of the game in ME2. In SWTOR, they're about 2%. And it's not 'do without', it's just 'wait'.
    metal_mills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By metal_mills
    @Brodehouse said:
    @Metal_Mills The loyalty and recruitment quests were about 70-80% of the game in ME2. In SWTOR, they're about 2%. And it's not 'do without', it's just 'wait'.
    Well that bug mixed with the one where if you die to a boss in a flashpoint the loot chest doesn't open, those are 2 pretty game breaking things. Loot + story is what this game is.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Metal_Mills
    @Brodehouse said:
    Well that bug mixed with the one where if you die to a boss in a flashpoint the loot chest doesn't open, those are 2 pretty game breaking things. Loot + story is what this game is.
    I... is this just you complaining about every weird bug you happen to run into? It's an MMO a week after launch.

Help me understand here.
    pigmartyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By pigmartyr

I really dont see what the issue is. Every game has bugs or things that make the game worse. In this context the likelihood of those things being resolved are fairly high, and is a large deviation from the standard bugs that plague most single player experiences. Take Bethesda games as examples of game destroying bugs on AAA titles that go weeks unresolved if at all.

So you found a bug, posted here for sympathy and while yes it does slightly impede your enjoyment of the game, you aren't in a class by yourself as the only person that has to suffer. Report the bug, move on, and lower your lofty expectations on a product that has been pretty darn solid in the 14 days since release.

Cretaceous_Bob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Cretaceous_Bob

@pigmartyr said:

So you found a bug, posted here for sympathy and while yes it does slightly impede your enjoyment of the game, you aren't in a class by yourself as the only person that has to suffer. Report the bug, move on, and lower your lofty expectations on a product that has been pretty darn solid in the 14 days since release.

I don't think it's ever a "lofty expectation" to expect a game to work as it was designed.

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By coakroach

@pigmartyr said:

lower your lofty expectations

That quote should be on the back of the box.

No Caption Provided

I kid I kid, that was a cheap shot on what appears to be a far better game than beta footage suggested.

Although the server queues, heavy instancing and questionable ban practices have made it seem like this game would have been better had it cut out the messy MMO part entirely and just stick to being a KOTOR game.

metal_mills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By metal_mills
    @Brodehouse said:
    @Metal_Mills
    @Brodehouse said:
    I... is this just you complaining about every weird bug you happen to run into? It's an MMO a week after launch. Help me understand here.
    I don't care about bugs. I've played MMO's at launch but a busted quest or having it crash is different to 2 major parts of the game. I'm loving this game but if I can't progress a part of the story(big or small, it's apart of my classes story) and I can't get loot after spending my time going through a flashpoint and fighting a hard boss, what the fuck exactly am I playing for at that point? In skyrim if there was something bad you can just stop and wait for a patch but when I've got a subscription and people I'm playing with I can't just stop for a month or two. I can get past a lot of issues in games, a LOT, I've played and loved some incredibly buggy games but none of the core aspects were broken. Not even in any MMO I've played aside from a few that were utter garbage anyway.  Skyrim might be fucked for some but I can fight the dragons, do the quests and get the loot just fine. And what's worse is Bioware has said nothing. There is a huge thread about the companions issue. People have posted tickets and have them just canceled or closed after 5 days. If they at least communicated and said they'd have a fix soon that would be ok but they haven't.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Metal_Mills Bringing up Skyrim actually deflates your point. You can easily just do something else in SWTOR until the companion quests get fixed. Calling companion quests a core aspect is a stretch at best. They're about 2% of that game.

You want to be mad, that's fine. I'm not here to fight you. But don't pretend like you don't have options.
    metal_mills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By metal_mills
    @Brodehouse said:
    @Metal_Mills Bringing up Skyrim actually deflates your point. You can easily just do something else in SWTOR until the companion quests get fixed. Calling companion quests a core aspect is a stretch at best. They're about 2% of that game. You want to be mad, that's fine. I'm not here to fight you. But don't pretend like you don't have options.
    I'm not talking about options. I'm saying I bought this game for the story and a story aspect is busted.
    adoggz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By adoggz

@Metal_Mills: no its not?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.